Deleted
    ooo they look awesome

The mordesh don't look zombie at all....

that other race we fight on nexus with the dreadlocks and the bones and the scars look better imo.

If anything the mordesh look more mad scientist then zombie which is fine if they advertised them as mad scientists...

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 05:28 PM ----------

After toying around with the idea for a bit, I realized the reason things were complicated the first time around all has to do with how Hitboxes are determined in this game. apparently, if any portion of you is in the affected area, it counts as a hit. Moreover, it seems that regular enemy attacks have near 100% hit rate, before calculating in deflection. It is very identical to MMORPGs like World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XI, where you rely on your stats to do the bulk of the work.
    This is exactly what I didn't want in the combat. It's sugar coating, it's not action combat not even close to GW2 combat it's just WoW combat and telegraphs are more visual then standard.

/sigh

Now with someone actually how the combat really is via Dear Diary I will probably not pick this game up now that mordesh don't even look like zombies and they can't be medics.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-06-30 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

that other race we fight on nexus with the dreadlocks and the bones and the scars look better imo.

If anything the mordesh look more mad scientist then zombie which is fine if they advertised them as mad scientists...

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 05:28 PM ----------

This is exactly what I didn't want in the combat. It's sugar coating, it's not action combat not even close to GW2 combat it's just WoW combat and telegraphs are more visual then standard.

/sigh

Now with someone actually how the combat really is via Dear Diary I will probably not pick this game up now that mordesh don't even look like zombies and they can't be medics.
    As I've understood it the combat will be like 90% telegraphs in the later part of the game which will create a more "actionish-combat". So in the end the autoattacks won't be that used by mobs when you get further into the game (ie high level or elder game).

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    As I've understood it the combat will be like 90% telegraphs in the later part of the game which will create a more "actionish-combat". So in the end the autoattacks won't be that used by mobs when you get further into the game (ie high level or elder game).
    Nobody has done the later parts of the game though except for carbine and at this point I'm not even taking anything they said with a grain of salt. I'm taking it as pure blandness coated in sugar.

It's standard tab target with a more visual telegraph then normal and they are calling it action combat when it's not.

Deleted
    Nobody has done the later parts of the game though except for carbine and at this point I'm not even taking anything they said with a grain of salt. I'm taking it as pure blandness coated in sugar.
    True that. I just hope that abilities will consist mostly out of telegraph's which leads to a good PvP-scene with the arena hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    True that. I just hope that abilities will consist mostly out of telegraph's which leads to a good PvP-scene with the arena hopefully!
    They claim 50%-90% of your ability's will be telegraphed depending on your class.

I'm guessing a warrior will be around 90% since most attacks will be front slash attacks anyway (same with stalker) and healer classes will have less telegraph and more tab target since it's a tab target game and heaven forbid full frontal action heals won't ever work

*cough* TERA *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaves more mobs for the rest of us .

aww come on zito, I'm sure you'll still pick up the game. I'll even pick it up even though I'm not really enthused by the game (unless it is a sub only game).

They claim 50%-90% of your ability's will be telegraphed depending on your class.

I'm guessing a warrior will be around 90% since most attacks will be front slash attacks anyway (same with stalker) and healer classes will have less telegraph and more tab target since it's a tab target game and heaven forbid full frontal action heals won't ever work

*cough* TERA *cough*
    They said there will be telegraph healing, not sure how much of it, but it'll be there.

Deleted
    if i wanted gw2 or tera combat.. id be playing those games. I love wow combat and telegraphs turn it into a new hybrid which i am loving.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    if i wanted gw2 or tera combat.. id be playing those games. I love wow combat and telegraphs turn it into a new hybrid which i am loving.
    I agree. I'm really interested in what they're doing with the combat in this game. It might be similiar with other games, and thats great.

There is no point to say that you won't play the game because of something we don't even know yet. I don't really find "Auto hits" from npc's to be a big deal. As long as the main point is to avoid something, or having the option to avoid the important spells.

I'm really looking forward to this game, as many others I've taked to. Been fun reading up on what you guys have been discussing in this thread (didnt read ALL, but alot)

The dude looks kind of like a cyberpunk version of Mr. Freeze.

I totally want to play one now...

Deleted

*cough* TERA *cough*
    When you play, you'll see.

Also where's your proof Mordesh can't be medics? Besides the so called "NDA Leak" on a random spreadsheet that has class/race on.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2013-06-30 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    When you play, you'll see.

Also where's your proof Mordesh can't be medics? Besides the so called "NDA Leak" on a random spreadsheet that has class/race on.
    I can't reveal my sources

:3

I can say stuff but I don't have proof so its true or not true which isn't against the rules :P

aww come on zito, I'm sure you'll still pick up the game. I'll even pick it up even though I'm not really enthused by the game (unless it is a sub only game).
    Depends on how the B2p/P2p model turns out. The price of the B2P model worries me. (supposively)
    Last edited by zito; 2013-06-30 at 09:15 PM.

According the the interwebs, there is a way to make Wildstar play less like WoW and way more like Tera.
    Again, according the interwebs, it's an addon very similar to combat mode 1.1 for guild wars 2.

So,
    the WoW people can stack targeted abilities and play Wildstar like WoW.
    The GW2 people can stack telegraph abilities to play like GW2.
    The Tera people can get the addon on and play like Tera (minus action snare)

*This is assuming the dev team decided to let the Tera people have fun in their game by allowing the addon. If not, they won't make as much money.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-06-30 at 09:23 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

TSW is a perfect example of how reticule combat doesn't work on mobs designed around tab targeting. TERA mobs were designed around reticule, there is a huge difference.

The reticule in TSW just becomes an extra sensitive tab target.

Besides according to the interwebz carbine doesn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    So,
    the WoW people can stack targeted abilities and play Wildstar like WoW.
    The GW2 people can stack telegraph abilities to play like GW2.
    How about playing like Vindictus?

<- wanting vindictus like combat in an open world

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    How about playing like Vindictus?

<- wanting vindictus like combat in an open world
    Well, it's like vindictus in that it doesn't have a cross hair (yet) and more like GW2 in that you can move while attacking.

I would say that GW2 with combat mode is the closest match to Wildstar with their combat mode.

@Zito: Yeah... We shall just have to see what happens. It's not that they don't like it, more that they "don't know how they feel about it".

Again, according to the internet. Who knows what's really happening???

>_>
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I like GW2 combat so that doesn't bother me. I was just stating my combat preference. If any game would come out with Vindictus combat in an open world, I would live in that game (providing the rest of the game would be good of course).

@Zito: Yeah... We shall just have to see what happens. It's not that they don't like it, more that they "don't know how they feel about it".

Again, according to the internet. Who knows what's really happening???

>_>
    If I was referring to the quote "Don't know how they feel about it" I would be referring to it and not the statement "we don't like it"

>.>