CBT4 Pls. Pls.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

I am sad because I wanted to update my computer specs for the beta registration but I can't do that QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am sad because I wanted to update my computer specs for the beta registration but I can't do that QQ
    ahm, you can just send them a new application. I dont remeber where they said it, but they have a filter in their beta application DB to just use the latest entry of a specific Mail. They know that many people will change their rig over the time of developement and beta, so its "normal" for them to provide this feature =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I want to dedicate more time next CB. Need to dissect it.
    Yeah. Since we are all sort of 'over' the NDA I will do a better job of documenting my observations. Was really annoying when we all sort of knew that stat system but none of us could really remember the details lol.

We can have REAL discussions instead of just lamenting their payment model debacle.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    ahm, you can just send them a new application. I dont remeber where they said it, but they have a filter in their beta application DB to just use the latest entry of a specific Mail. They know that many people will change their rig over the time of developement and beta, so its "normal" for them to provide this feature =)
    That's what I am saying they changed. Now when you go to fill out a beta app it prompts you to create a NCSoft account. If you've already applied with the e-mail you create the account with it says "you've already applied to the beta, thanks" and doesn't let you update.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/wildstar-pro...t-magic-bullet Gaffney defending Subscription model.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/wildstar-pro...t-magic-bullet Gaffney defending Subscription model.
    And hybrid model is not a subscription only model. They are just covering their asses.

“And it is, fewer people play City of Heroes, they peaked out at - I don’t know the numbers - something like 200,000. But 200,000 subscribers paying $15 a month, if you do the math, that makes about as much money as selling 6 million boxes, if they last long enough.”
    Wow... So the goal for going with a subscription is to "last long enough"? Sounds like they are already planning the transition from sub to something else. Milk and switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Wow... So the goal for going with a subscription is to "last long enough"? Sounds like they are already planning the transition from sub to something else. Milk and switch.
    Pretty much the vibe i got reading this . They already are making contingency plans assuming they have a small amount of subs (200.000).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that he made the oh so wise assertion that
    Games that look very successful in free-to-play may or may not be making profit
    So we're supposed to believe that all these other F2P companies are all taking regular losses, but somehow don't close down. I can't believe I used to think this guy was intelligent and knew what he was talking about when it came to MMO's. He clearly knows nothing.

He also continues by stating that one of their reasons for going subscription was to protect people from spending too much of their money because they 'get sucked in'.....Jeremy Gaffney, defender of your wallet. He then gives no credence to the fact that people are willing to support good games that are free, which completely contradicts real evidence we have.
    As a player it’s distracting because generally you have a very different experience if you’re playing for free - and if not, then why the hell pay?
    Why Mr. Gaffney? Because a developer respects us as gamers first, money machines second. They give us amazing games at low costs and in return provide us ample, non required ways to give you our money. If you read between the lines, he's basically saying that he doesn't believe Wildstar will be quality enough to warrant us basically giving them money of our free will.

This brief interview pretty much undermines anything seemingly knowledgable he's ever said. I can't believe he is so out of touch with players and the F2P market in general. Jesus ANet must have lit a fire under them when they told them they had to redesign a lot of the core game because the beta went horribly.

I'm sorry, but this interview is infuriating.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-09-23 at 08:42 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Pretty much the vibe i got reading this . They already are making contingency plans assuming they have a small amount of subs (200.000).
    no he used an example of an older game with a "small" number of subs which over time can make alot of money with consistent subs.

If you want to read inbetween the lines and guess he means something else then go ahead.

If only they had done this before Pax. They would have earned the "most naked moneygrab" award hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    If only they had done this before Pax. They would have earned the "most naked moneygrab" award hands down.
    It's going to be glorious to see what kinds of crap comes out of his mouth when he is defending their decision to go F2P in 2 years. Uggh...so glad SWTOR taught me the subtle art of separating a developer from their product. Otherwise, I would likely not be touching this one.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sounds to me like you guys are REALLY reaching for something to attack here, sheesh.
    You are forgetting about the like, 100 pages where we were defending almost all wildstars decisions.

Dear Wildstar producer:

When trying to defend your business model please do not use "if" or "buts" or "may or may not" in your reason.

Thank you
    P.S. I'm back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I know, but I'm just referring to this one thing.
    I probably am reading too much in between the lines. I don't inherently have anything against subscription. Heck, i'm subbed to FF14 atm for the next 3 months (plenty of time to see the direction the developers will be leading the game to, along with some good will for turning a pile of shit into something thats enjoyable). But the way he undermines F2P , and that by setting a subscription they are "defending" your wallet from the Cash Shops is just lol worthy at the very least.

I really need to see CBT4 now. I need to find something, anything that makes this game worth of subscription over the main competitors. He (Gaffney) is being very naive if he thinks Housing, Pseudo action combat, and "innovative" features will get him subscriptions for life. But thats my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-09-23 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    . He (Gaffney) is being very naive if he thinks Housing, Pseudo action combat, and "innovative" features will get him subscriptions for life. But thats my 2 cents.
    He's not looking at life though, he's looking at 'long enough'. In other words, the year before it goes F2P.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    He's not looking at life though, he's looking at 'long enough'. In other words, the year before it goes F2P.
    Exactly. He's just "doing a Tera"!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Which is my beef with them going Subscription model . Or hybrid if you farm like a gold farmer for sub time. They don't have a know IP to fall back on and pull a strong core base, they don't have a niche market that will ensure they can stay Subscription forever (like FFXI and FFXIV has Japan, and everyone else, EU and NA is just extra money).
    At this point it feels like they are on the mindset of "Fuck it, lets wing it, whats the worst that could happen amirite?".

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Exactly. He's just "doing a Tera"!
    That would be optimistic (and that would be awesome). Hopefully it won't be a "swtor". Their F2P model was awful when it first came out (it's gotten much better since)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been over giving developers the "benefit of the doubt," since WAR. I found the article itself to be, well, odd. To much of this game's development is reminding me of WAR's. While I won't be prepurchasing anymore, there is still a good chance that I'll buy it.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.