The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    You also might want to consider what kind of grip you use on the mouse. If you like to rest your palm on the mouse, the g600 is very good. If you like to use an eagle claw grip, I'd actually recommend the razer naga 2012.

The razer's side buttons are a bit harder to get used to. However, if you use the training pads on the first vertical column of side buttons and on the last vertical column of side buttons, you can get them to feel very similar to the g600's buttons (i.e. the side buttons become concave so you can always tell which button you are pressing).

I think the g600 software is slightly better, but the naga's mouse wheel and buttons 4 and 5 are better. I have both mice and ended up using the naga because I had a really hard time training my ring finger not to press the g600's 3rd mouse button on top.
    That's a pretty fair and accurate assessment of both mice. I don't think there are any better mice for MMOs on the market than these two. If you can find a PC store or Best Buy that has these on display, just try your hand out on them. The G600 may just be too big for your hand, but you never know until you try.

My wife uses a Naga b/c I bought that one first and it fits her hand better. Now I can't stand it lol.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I need to go out to Best Buy soon anyway, so maybe I'll see what they've got. The last time I was there, though, their selection was lacking. I ended up having to order my current mouse from Newegg just because my BB didn't have it.

Question: Doesn't Wildstar have a limited actionbar? If so, is all this unnecessary anyway? Or can you actually hotkey modifiers so you get double the spells of someone less informed about macros? (I was under the assumption a limited actionbar was to make you choose your skills wisely or some such something or other.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Question: Doesn't Wildstar have a limited actionbar? If so, is all this unnecessary anyway? Or can you actually hotkey modifiers so you get double the spells of someone less informed about macros? (I was under the assumption a limited actionbar was to make you choose your skills wisely or some such something or other.)
    It does have a limited action bar, but you are going to find that it's more beneficial to have a mouse like this. The number of spells hasn't been cemented, but I think it's already up to 10. Basically you're looking at needing the whole number key row.

And do you play any other games? B/c it's functional for just about any game with keybinds. I have mine bound up for everything. Skyrim, RTS, ARPGs, LoL, shooters...etc. Like...it's insanle beneficial. They also come in handy for any word processing, music programs, photo editing, art, etc.

Anything that has keybinds, these mice are more useful for than a standard or lesser button mouse. Ultimately the choice is yours on what you need, and you should do a lot of research, but as someone who plays like 10 MMOs, I couldn't go back to not having this mouse.
    BAD WOLF

Since Wildstar classes seem to only have one weapon listed on their bios, are weapons really going to be class specific? Are they really going to limit Stalkers to different colored claws with different numbers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It does have a limited action bar, but you are going to find that it's more beneficial to have a mouse like this. The number of spells hasn't been cemented, but I think it's already up to 10. Basically you're looking at needing the whole number key row.

And do you play any other games? B/c it's functional for just about any game with keybinds. I have mine bound up for everything. Skyrim, RTS, ARPGs, LoL, shooters...etc. Like...it's insanle beneficial. They also come in handy for any word processing, music programs, photo editing, art, etc.

Anything that has keybinds, these mice are more useful for than a standard or lesser button mouse. Ultimately the choice is yours on what you need, and you should do a lot of research, but as someone who plays like 10 MMOs, I couldn't go back to not having this mouse.
    I used ot play multiple MMOs, but because of money and time, I now am down to one at a time. I played WoW + other MMOs for 7 or whatever years, and after I quit doing that, I'm down to FFXIV. Once WildStar comes out, I will drop FFXIV and play WildStar.

So yeah. I can see why it would be wildly useful in XIV, though, because XIV's hotbars are like WoW's, exactly. Otherwise I mostly play single player PC games and such.

But, this mouse definitely seems they way to go. Especially if Wildstar is going to use 10 keybinds, because there's no way in hell I can hold down the 9 key and move with qwe/mouse at the same time with one hand.

I've always WANTED a good mouse, which is why I got the g400. It was supposed to be an inbetween for me between standard and something like the g600, but then money got in the way and I didn't have the finances to just blow 60 bucks on a new mouse while mine worked "well enough." Now, though, money's more loose, and I am definitely looking into getting a more serious mouse. I also think starting the game off with the g600 would work better just because I wouldn't get used to playing it one way and then flip.

And if W* only uses 10 keys, the other 2 can be for things like quick mounting and potions! Huzzah!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    And if W* only uses 10 keys, the other 2 can be for things like quick mounting and potions! Huzzah!
    You'd be surprised what you can use mouse buttons for when you can keybind anything. Especially in a game with robust addon support like WoW and now Wildstar will have, you will find ample things to place on your buttons. Depending on Wildstar's macro system, you may find a mouse like that comes in handy indeed.

I was going to refer you to a third party site called CamelEgg that tracks Newegg price history, but just found out Newegg has shut down their tracking methods which is a horrible move on their part. As such, my feelings towards Newegg have drastically declined. However, it still works to track prices on Amazon and recently the mouse was on sale for $45.00.

Here's a link to track the price of that mouse:http://camelcamelcamel.com/Logitech-...uct/B0086UK7IQ

You can track any amazon product via that site, all you need is the link for the item from Amazon.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for all the information, Kitty. I'll be sure to keep an eye on that.

If it doesn't drop below 60 bucks again any time soon, I may just get it (if I like it, that is, from testing its feel in Best Buy if I can) just so I can become accustomed to it sooner. But $15 of savings on that thing would be nice if I don't have to wait too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar won't be launching before next year, so you are safe to wait until the holidays. I guarantee you will find it cheaper somewhere, but you'll have to actively follow it. This is the case with pretty much any computer tech. It's what makes big kid holidays magical.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    Since Wildstar classes seem to only have one weapon listed on their bios, are weapons really going to be class specific? Are they really going to limit Stalkers to different colored claws with different numbers?
    From my experience. Yes. I'm pretty sure i read somewhere it was to cut on Ninjaing , each class has its own weapon so as to reduce the number of people potentially wanting that item. Don't quote me on that, not even sure if i read that in a user comment or an actual dev.

Which reminds me. Alot of the attacks a class uses will actually show another weapon. I think its to combat precisely the feel of only having that type of weapon. Like Stalkers have a couple attacks that throw shurikens, in relatively short cooldown, think ive seen Warriors use like a Blaster attached to their wrist, and grappling hooks, and Espers even though Casters, have attacks that throw that boomerang-ish weapon at enemies.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-09-26 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    From my experience. Yes. I'm pretty sure i read somewhere it was to cut on Ninjaing , each class has its own weapon so as to reduce the number of people potentially wanting that item. Don't quote me on that, not even sure if i read that in a user comment or an actual dev.

Classic "I am going to kill myself... Right now."
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

Classic "I am going to kill myself... Right now."
    "WTFOMG /wrists my pixel gloves got stolen"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm a realist, I don't fall for sugar coating.

You can move with your mouse but it's awkward since all your attacks are telegraphed, but there is no point in moving in the game unless your moving out of aoe. Mobs stick to you like glue like other tab target MMO's so there is little point in moving away.

The game would move much better if it was reticule but they "tried it" and didn't like it but when a player makes a mod for it in beta they respond to it by "we don't know how we feel about it". They are just being hypocrites imo.
    This is not quite true. Melee characters benefit from strafing around mobs. It causes the the mob to constantly readjust its position, causing ability resets, which helps to reduce incoming white damage received. It also puts you at an advantage when needing to avoid telegraphs since you are already moving out of it as it appears.

As a melee class I am constantly move when attacking, and only stand still to attack a mob when its stunned or performing its frontal telegraphs. I dont tend to play ranged, but ranged should be moving to kite melee mobs around.

As for the recticle camera lock playstyle, they have said they are considering its implementation - Not everyone (players) want it, so if it was ever implemented it would be optional. If its never officially supported, then there is still the mod option.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-09-26 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nooty View Post

New dev speak
    Imgur pics.

http://imgur.com/a/jZP78
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    This is not quite true. Melee characters benefit from strafing around mobs. It causes the the mob to constantly readjust its position, causing ability resets, which helps to reduce incoming white damage received. It also puts you at an advantage when needing to avoid telegraphs since you are already moving out of it as it appears.

As a melee class I am constantly move when attacking, and only stand still to attack a mob when its stunned or performing its frontal telegraphs. I dont tend to play ranged, but ranged should be moving to kite melee mobs around.

As for the recticle camera lock playstyle, they have said they are considering its implementation - Not everyone (players) want it, so if it was ever implemented it would be optional. If its never officially supported, then there is still the mod option.
    Last I checked (before they removed the beta forums) it was no longer an if but rather a when. They are going to try and have it as a UI option before launch but if not there's always WACC (as you say)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Mobs in wildstar instant switch facing positions when they attack, moving around them does nothing. It might stall them if you are out of range slightly and you are using an attack with a longer range but the mobs behave just like a tab target MMO except they have that one telegraphed attack they do every 20ish seconds that means "don't stand in this".

FF14 mobs do this except without the aiming on your part.

As for the reticule, it's needed and it's not needed. When playing I haven't encountered a mob that required me to do any advanced aiming, just hit whatever was in front of me (kiting was pointless devs even acknowledged this and said you want to build up defensively via RNG stats) so obviously the reticule would be pretty useless there, but moving without the reticule means you are just holding down your right mouse button to change the camera which is a nu-sense.

But they "claim" they have done reticule combat before and I call BS on that because of their recent talking of it of not knowing how they felt about it when a player made a mod for it.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-09-26 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mobs in wildstar instant switch facing positions when they attack, moving around them does nothing. It might stall them if you are out of range slightly and you are using an attack with a longer range but the mobs behave just like a tab target MMO except they have that one telegraphed attack they do every 20ish seconds that means "don't stand in this".

FF14 mobs do this except without the aiming on your part.
    Everything I posted was based on a lot of discussion on the beta forums and testing in game.

Everything I posted was based on a lot of discussion on the beta forums and testing in game.
    So have I? The combat via mobs is tab target, like traditional MMO's. Mobs didn't stall when you ran around them, kiting was irrelevant unless you had a snare (spellslinger) or they were doing their channeled attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Ahaha, these are quite fun to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah except it's not accurate. There are at least 3 people here with similar experience that can detail exactly how so. It operates no differently than WoW or Rift in regards to mob damage.
    BAD WOLF

Honestly this game looks awesome, as long as they don't take any shortcuts and stick to what they're doing this may be enough to finally cure the WoW disease upon me after 8 years.

I love the settling part though, although I'm worried as if what if there is already alot of settlers, will I just become useless?