Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you guys cry so much! Waaaaaaaaaaaa! If you don't like the way blizz is handling the game quit.
    Last edited by ognomad; 2011-08-16 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    I have one of each of the tankable classes and I were never under the impression that holding threat was a problem? I actually thought it was fun being in a random dungeon with a guy with imba gear. Making me work a bit more? I dont see the problem?

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ognomad View Post
    Why do you guys cry so much! Waaaaaaaaaaaa! If you don't like the way blizz is handling the game quit.
    I did, I just think it's funny how people and devs still think things like threat are hard and burn time fixing what isn't broken instead of fixing what is, i.e. fun and exciting content.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I'd prefer it if they brought DPS roles up the the deifficulty level of tanks and healers, I wonder how that would've come across instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deployed View Post
    I'd prefer it if they brought DPS roles up the the deifficulty level of tanks and healers, I wonder how that would've come across instead?
    The problem is that DPS is super easy, and with lack of skilled players continuing to play, the mouth breather dps decide to tank, to compensate they have to make tanking mouth breather easy to keep people from leaving.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
    Because it obviously takes weeks of dev works to change a few numbers, amirite?
    Look how long it took them to release 4.1.

Bet half of these nay-sayers are DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    They fail to understand that the casual/bad players are the ones with the nothing to lose. They play halfheartedly, complain/quit when it's too hard and come back when the game gets dumbed down. How else do we go from the mindset of threat decay and making threat matter, to them bumping threat levels arbitrarily when it's already easy to maintain without threat stats?
    Not all casual players are bad players - two completely different animals - and to be honest this whole elitist view players have is tired. WoW is not hard, and it never has been - yes even in vanillia (it was just more annoying then, not hard). To even think that threat has mattered since BC is completely bullshit - because it hasn't.

Wait, people were having threat issues? Wat. I mean, the only threat issues I know of are bear tanks with AoE, and warriors with snap AoE to a lesser extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokzum View Post
    Bet half of these nay-sayers are DPS
    Actually apart from my priest, I've always played a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ognomad View Post
    "900,000 liked this"

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfist View Post
    "900,000 liked this"
    I lol'd at that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyzon View Post
    Not all casual players are bad players - two completely different animals - and to be honest this whole elitist view players have is tired. WoW is not hard, and it never has been - yes even in vanillia (it was just more annoying then, not hard). To even think that threat has mattered since BC is completely bullshit - because it hasn't.
    I think you misunderstood my post. I never said casuals = bad, just that some people consider casuals as bad, hence casual/bad. Threat really hasn't mattered too much, it certainly matter more back in vanilla or BC than it did in WLK or Cataclysm. The thought process of threat decay was murmured by devs back prior to Cataclysm release and then was scrapped altogether.

I'm a protection warrior tank myself since vanilla, I always liked the challenge to keep all the threat, surviving with my beloved cooldowns and stuff. If getting threat is now rly that easy, I won't be having that much fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    However, we want to move the shorter cooldowns like Shield Block, Holy Shield and Savage Defense so that they work more like Death Strike.
    Welp.
    That'll make everyone happy.
    /sarcasm
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Long time tank, I approve. Anyone whining, you`re just a baby that whines about everything here, seriously. my tank alt is at an ilvl 353 or something, all gem, enchants, gear.. I can`t go into a ZG/ZA and with people doing 20k+dps, more on trash it`s pretty annoying that my most watched CD is my taunt. It`s not about "casual" it`s about something that is a problem for people in general, we`re not all bear druid crazy tank threat, and you`re just ignorant if you think "dur threat is already ez".

Wow. I can only imagine how much people will be mad about this. I think it's a good-ish idea though...

From past memories. 1. In BC on my quest only geared Frost Mage waiting for 5-10 seconds before launching a fireball (remember I'm frost spec and it had a couple second cast time) which hit the elite mob which caused him to turn off the tank and one-shot me. Seriously was I supposed to melee him to death with my staff or wait a full minute before attacking? 2. On my Rogue I had no problems with threat unless it was my own stupid fault. I like the idea behind it but wish there was a happy middle ground.

Good, good tanking change imo.