Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think implementing an appearance-tab like this won't accomplish diversity. Every class will take 1-2 old sets and wear them, so people who don't change their armor will be more different from each other than all the T2-rogues und T6-warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Man if 4.3 is the last content of Cata, it will have been a truely suck ass expac.Having to own the gear for the transmogriffer would suck, making class restrictions etc also takes a lot of fun out of it, could probably have made some truely awesome/weird combos.The things promised but never made are really stacking up, it should be obvious to everyone wow no longer has nearly the rescourses it used to. Dance Studio, Path of the Titans, Abyssal Maw etc. While they spend time working on shit that is not broken, and neglect bugs/balance etc with the go-to excuse "that shit is really hard to program maaannnn" /sigh
    Alread played games that allowed that... believe me, it's totally crap, they're right in keeping plate as plate, cloth as cloth, etc.

And yes, they don't have resources into the wow team anymore, but it's didn't start with this xpac. Just think that the "less complicated" the game is, the "easier" it is to mantain with low resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalez View Post
    So people complained that Wotlk was long, so they shorten this x-pack to compensate that, and now people are complaining its too short. It will be around 1 and a half years our before the next x-pack is out, do you really want to have a 2 year x-pack? I don't.
    You can't be this stupid. I refuse to believe it. WotLK wasn't "too long" the content was stretched too thin. They shortened the time for Cata, but shortened the content by the same amount or more, meaning the time/content ratio is actually worse.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just feel sorry for the DK's that miss out on 6 tiers of options for armor. However.. Hell yes for Tier 6 Skyshatter set! Best armor in the game on a tauren.

Well...finally Deathwing then i can quit wow before next expansion

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmanx View Post
    Tirion coming and saying "THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A DEATHWING" and puts on Deathwing's jaw.
    This wins O.o

Wow. I'm impressed. This patch sounds promising. I screamed "HELL YES!" for the Armor Appearance change.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I wouldn't consider this lots of love for PvE. It is a huge disappointment for PvE. They need a new BG style, the current ones are played out. Why make a new map of the same crap? I'd like to see an "oddball" style BG from Halo.
    actually since it isnt on the ptr yet I'd consider all of this to be unfinished. meaning that pvp might get a lot more, or nothing at all. same for range. but as of right now all this is blizz unofficially announcing it. remember blizzaard the people who say one thing and do another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendraeg View Post
    I...don't get why this is so surprising. We're coming up on t13. WotLK had 4 tiers, true, but Vanilla and TBC both had 3.

I think the problem they have is actually the fact that they've tried to inflate content with hard modes. This has caused them two problems.

Number one is loss of interest in the player base because of lack of content, this is exemplified in 4.2, which is the second smallest raid tier/content patch ever, but number two is actually a technical problem.

With Hardmodes, you see a more rapid climb in statistics with a smaller amount of content possible.
    Vanilla didn't have arena seasons, patches stayed for more time instead of 4-6months only. Same for TBC, except that it had arena in the middle of it's existence (promoting sunwell "tier").

WotLK was all about arena seasons, so the normal expansion life time didn't fit the arena season schedule, creating 4 tiers instead of the usual 3. Now they're probably set cataclysm to be exactly the same life time as 3 arena seasons, so, it's ending that fast.

But lets face one last true reason for such low lifetime. They earn tons of $$ with xpacs, not with content patches. The best thing to keep WoW in the news is releasing xpacs, since they change the game a lot (while content patches don't), keepping it on the news and in the consumers heads. Forums go crazy, fan sites go crazy, gaming sites go crazy... best thing ever to fight other games.

Quote Originally Posted by messi4h View Post
    classic hat aq40 plus aq20 and zg
    tbc had karazhan and za

EDIT: Quoted the wrong guy
    Eh wot? TBC had T4, T5, T6 + Sunwell.

Last patch of the expac? Jesus that went fast..... underwhelming to say the least.

INB4 rogues running around with glaives

but yes, as a lock, I cannot wait for T5, and I have to say my interest in this game is waning and I am counting down the days till SWTOR UNLESS WoW really blows me away...like fo real, this re-hashed content has got to stop, re-hashed bosses have to stop.

I know, I am crazy, asking for something new, but if we could at least get Deathwing-Esque-Themed 5-mans (like someone said earlier with LK and those 5 mans) that would be cool, maybe help Neltharian in his human form collect the pieces for the dragon soul from the aspects in CoT or something.

Blizzard has laid out a path, they need to walk the straight line and give us, the players, the buyers, content that we can say we are happy to pay for. If I wanted to walk blindly around giving $15 to someone, I at least deserve a happy ending.

Own the armor isnt a bad idea, it makes so you will have to go to old dungeons to farm it, it isnt a big deal, most stuff can be easly 2 maned

hmm seems we got more conctent with wotlk, also goving 7 bosses with firelands and no more seperate 10/25 man made the content much smaller the last 4.3 better be more than 7 bosses in deathwing raid and filled with lore and a twist as so far cata has just lacked it all, else this expansion will be a failure, they scrapped abyssal maw raid and neptulon abducted by asumath gives a pretty big hole in that story, war of the ancients becomes maybe a 5 man is also kick in the groin as it could have been the most epic raid in this expansion like wotlks ulduar wich cata hasnt been close to, as for the transmogrif does it only work on armor? or can i as a rogue walk around with warglaives, but it also raises the question of later tiers will they be given the same amount of quality. maybe they rush it so rogues actually get the makeover they where supposed to get in cata.

Deleted
    Dam, I deleted all my T6 gear from my druid in WotLK... dam...

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I wouldn't consider this lots of love for PvE. It is a huge disappointment for PvE. They need a new BG style, the current ones are played out. Why make a new map of the same crap? I'd like to see an "oddball" style BG from Halo.
    I'd like to see cataclysm having an impact on BGs too.

The world changed, political changes and all but BGs didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by valcrist View Post
    Why are people bitching? Get hopefully an Epic Raid, 3 new dungeons and actual added in features like armor changing and a new storage. Blizzard cant seem to please anyone can they.. For years people bitched about look of armor or not being able to change it blah blah and they finally decide to something about it and people just complain. Though i was not expecting Deathwing so Early, i was totally expecting 4.4 to be deathwing.. That means incoming Expansion announcement this Blizzcon.. Oh and i dont know why people are saying rushed content if you read about the financial call 4.3 inst even sched to come out tell the end of the year i wouldn't really call that rushed..
    They canceled half the bosses for T12 and canceled all of T13 to skip right to T14. Rushed.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

With some luck this means that this crappy expansion is ending soon, and since one developer said that their intention was to flip between one expansion to casual -> one expansion to elitists -> repeat, we will have some good content in the next one like we had in Wrath instead of this crap made to elitists (that arent even happy with it either).

Let the current normal raids PUGs come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalez View Post
    So people complained that Wotlk was long, so they shorten this x-pack to compensate that, and now people are complaining its too short. It will be around 1 and a half years our before the next x-pack is out, do you really want to have a 2 year x-pack? I don't.
    erm we complained anbout how long icc was out for with no other raid on thow long woltk was