Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the Transmogrifier is brilliant. People will get to have a lot more choice over how their characters look and it'll allow people to look more unique in-game. I think you'll only be able to use it on armour you already have, so if you don't have T6 sitting in your bank you'll have to go to Black Temple and pick it up, etc. Still it's better than having everyone running around looking like clones of each other, and why shouldn't we get to use old gear for looks? It's not going to have a negative impact on the game. It's not going to make raids easier. It's not going to change anything about the game except how your pixels look on screen.

Am I the only one thinking about the Wilheart/Feralheart sets? The only one that possibly interests me is the t2 lookalike gear from BC heroics.
    great new class idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    How did you manage to tame a Troll as a Seagull?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Nothing special here. Just GC and his obsession with crabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blawkbuster View Post
    If they actually go through with 4.3 being the deathwing raid, does anyone else feel short changed?? feels like they are ending the cataclysm main story wayyyy too early into the expansion. I was hoping for at least one more raid tier before deathwing,
    A lot of people consider TBC to be the best expansion Blizzard has done (still don't get that) and it's main storyline, as far as we knew at the time, was "done" 4 months after release when Black Temple came out. True, SWP came out about a year later, but at the time nobody knew that was even a possibility.

Not really sure why people are surprise that there will only be 3 tiers of raiding. Wrath was an anomaly, even Blizzard said that they ended up doing an extra tier that wasn't planned for. Vanilla and TBC only had 3 tiers.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I hope it's not armor only and we can make our swords look like other swords (replace swords with any weapon type).

10+ Year Old Account

"My call for the 'new' 5 mans are going to be heroic gnomer, heroic blackrock depths, and heroic scholo. I'm just waiting until they announce we can just buy gold and wow items with real life currencies."

Good call; although it clearly states new models, designs, and bosses...no revamping like they did with ZA/ZG...but hey reading isn't for everyone

Edit: Why did it quote the wrong guy originally?
    Last edited by Reufio; 2011-08-17 at 02:38 PM.

Dont get me wrong I think the idea of being able to alter gear to your liking is sweet TOO AN EXTENT. This only means we can give graphic devs less room to be ordinary. I am all for individual image where people can have gear sets that look different than others by why not make it so the feature offers maybe color changing or an different effect on shoulder items etc but letting someoen morph their t2 into current gear set I think is lame. Those past items definately looked awesome at the time you could obtain them but to let peopel keep rehashing old gear models has a boring feel to it. Keep up with new armor models and allow us to change colors within the graphics or something along those lines. Were tired of seeing old content and Im definately not interested in ol armor models.

yahhooooooooooooo!!

i'm gonna laugh at you all when and entire tier with N'Zoth is confirmed after Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    Pout that WotA is only going to be a 5man. With as important as it was in the Deathwing storyline you'd think that Blizz would have made it into a raid. But I guess I can't complain too much. At least they included it to begin with.

Also void storage FTW. Kind of makes me sad I've deleted previous gear now. :/

Last edited by Kaeliri; 2011-08-17 at 02:42 PM. Reason: failed at double posting :)

Yes, please only allow transmogrification to use the look of gear you have placed in void storage. Would ruin a lot of collecting fun in the game if you could make your gear look like stuff you've never found before.

Deleted
    For me addition of Transmogrifier is huge... I can't remember when I have been excited more about a patch. Hello T5 (I'm a lock)

Deleted
    Am I the only one else thinking of making all my gear look like T12 for teh giggles?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really feasible to do a raid around the War of the Ancients, might be easier to pull it off in a 5 man. Also bearing in mind that the war lasted a long time.

(I searched the thread for significant terms in this to see if someone had brought it up already, but didn't get any hits. If someone else has already advanced this, I apologize.)

Okay, bear with me here. Forget for a second that saying Deathwing's turning up this soon might indicate that he's not the final boss of the expansion. It's been stated repeatedly that there was going to be a Caverns of Time raid set back during the War of the Ancients. They haven't given any direct indication that that's not the case any longer. However, this is the event during which Neltharion became Deathwing.

That implies to me that if the CoT raid IS the Deathwing raid, we'll be going back in time to stop him either while he's still Neltharion/"only" an aspect, or immediately after he became Deathwing, probably going off the old "his powers aren't fully realized yet" excuse. Is... that really a good idea?

On one hand, we have that. On the other, we have the Bronze dragonflight, who have repeatedly demonstrated that they're very, VERY dedicated to maintaining the integrity of the timeline, even if it means interfering to ensure that "bad" things still happen; see Black Morass and Culling of Stratholme. Something tells me they'd have a very, very bad reaction to interfering with one of the most important events in history.

I've long been of the opinion that this expansion would be the one that'd finally deal with this particular event: interference like that is definitely on the scale that I could easily see Nozdormu saying "no, screw YOU" and forming the Infinite dragonflight. Or, if you wanted to really enrich the manufacturers of tinfoil, have Nozdormu be the one that's seduced by the Demon Soul instead, which could easily account for the Infinite's 180 with regard to timeline-meddling. I mean, hell, the Infinite's motivation seems to be to preserve lives over the integrity of the timeline (especially see CoS), and that's EXACTLY what killing Deathwing back then would be in the same vein as.

Sure, the Old God behind it might have to start over with Nozdormu (war of the ancients was merely a setback durr hurr), but that could have the effect of potentially delaying the Cataclysm, or whatever horrible fate is in its future, for a few millennia. Or something. Yeah, I'm grasping at straws by this point in the extrapolation.

Just putting that out there for consideration.

15+ Year Old Account
    oh my god.finallyi can wear my favorite t5 again!

Quote Originally Posted by Phelatia View Post
    Dont get me wrong I think the idea of being able to alter gear to your liking is sweet TOO AN EXTENT. This only means we can give graphic devs less room to be ordinary. I am all for individual image where people can have gear sets that look different than others by why not make it so the feature offers maybe color changing or an different effect on shoulder items etc but letting someoen morph their t2 into current gear set I think is lame. Those past items definately looked awesome at the time you could obtain them but to let peopel keep rehashing old gear models has a boring feel to it. Keep up with new armor models and allow us to change colors within the graphics or something along those lines. Were tired of seeing old content and Im definately not interested in ol armor models.
    Well for starters, I know people have called for a color-changing service for a long while, but I don't ever see that happening anytime soon. I think people fail to see how difficult that would be. They'd essentially need a new texture file for every color players wanted, for every piece of armor they want to customize (which would basically be every last one, in the end). Even if that's, say, 10 colors, that's ten times the amount of texture files. And it wouldn't be as simple as just open texture -> insert color filter -> DONE, either. The textures would need to look as good as the originals, something a simple color change wouldn't necessarily do.

And how exactly are we giving the graphics team "less room to be ordinary?" It's not like they're gonna decide to make T13 look the same as T1 and call it a day. They always come up with new art ideas for every tier, the only real exception being T7, because that was a revamp of T3, just as Naxx was a revamp of the original Naxx.

Deleted
    I want my bloody tier 3 qqqqq

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    Transmogrifier will be interesting.
    However at the same time a very bad idea.
    Future gear will look worse than you can imagine, if you don't like it transmorifier it, no more evolving of gear.

But time to look at what im going to have to wear. Between T5 and T6 for the druid looking gear. Or some of the obscure pieces from the low levels.
    There's no justification to think they won't continue to evolve gear...by your logic the new gear could simply make every player appear naked until they transmogrify it..

Quote Originally Posted by Icenine View Post
    I'm not going to lie. I'm extremely disappointed in the fact that WotA isn't going to be a raid. The concept behind it, along with the number of true lore-based boss possibilities, was making me giddy.
    I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Remember, BT wasn't the last raid of BC, ICC wasn't the last raid of WotLK, so it is kind of doubtful that DW will be the final raid of Cataclysm. There might be one more raid (at least a small one like Ruby Sanctum) to hold us in till Pandaria.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

Deleted
    That's fantastic news!