Did you guys hunt the Seabound Mystics to extinction?

Seriously, I know I'm late to the hunting party. My guy was still back in his garrison on Draenor until I decided to dust him off last week and leveled him to 110. Now I'm trying to farm an Essence Swapper to transmog my big blue doggie, but I can't find a Seabound Mystic... on any realm! I've been hovering over the quest area for days, logging back to my hunter every couple of hours to check. Tried realm-hopping several times. Never even seen a Seabound Mystic other than the screen shots on Wowhead.

Has anyone discovered new tricks for getting this done?

"Remember it's a game. Have a beer buff. Chill." ~ Brewmaster Kolee

First off, realm hoping doesn't work any more, not like it used to. Hasn't for over a year. This is directly from the Server Hop addon page on curse:
    "With patch 7.0.3 Blizzard changed the way you transfer from realm to realm when joining a cross realm group. In patches 6.2.4 or prior, there was a global group transfer, where you would change your realm depending on the current realm of the party. If a group was on Sunstrider realm and you joined that group, you would be transferred to the Sunstrider if you’re not in combat.

As Garrosh said to Gul’dan: “Times change.” With Legion release there’s a new rule: You can transfer to a new realm only if there's another player from your party in the same zone as you. The first person from the party, who enters the zone, will mark that zone for its player’s realm."
    So basically you can only server hop if you're hoping to a server with other players already in the same general area as you. Zone doesn't refer to all of High Mountain, but the specific local zone for phasing, which is pretty limited.

Second, if you take a few seconds to read the comment section on wowhead, you'd know the NPCs in this area rotate through different types. If you see Soldiers walking around, you'll know no Mystics can spawn. Per the comments Mystics can only spawn during the server day time cycle. Not the server time, but the daylight hour during the server day/night cycle for that specific area. Don't just keep leaving and coming back. Learn the day time cycle for that area and show up during the day time and camp.
    Cooler Master H500P (With Front Panel Mesh Mod) | i7 [email protected] | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP [email protected] | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    First off, realm hoping doesn't work any more, not like it used to. Hasn't for over a year. This is directly from the Server Hop addon page on curse:
    "With patch 7.0.3 Blizzard changed the way you transfer from realm to realm when joining a cross realm group. In patches 6.2.4 or prior, there was a global group transfer, where you would change your realm depending on the current realm of the party. If a group was on Sunstrider realm and you joined that group, you would be transferred to the Sunstrider if you’re not in combat.

As Garrosh said to Gul’dan: “Times change.” With Legion release there’s a new rule: You can transfer to a new realm only if there's another player from your party in the same zone as you. The first person from the party, who enters the zone, will mark that zone for its player’s realm."
    So basically you can only server hop if you're hoping to a server with other players already in the same general area as you. Zone doesn't refer to all of High Mountain, but the specific local zone for phasing, which is pretty limited.

Second, if you take a few seconds to read the comment section on wowhead, you'd know the NPCs in this area rotate through different types. If you see Soldiers walking around, you'll know no Mystics can spawn. Per the comments Mystics can only spawn during the server day time cycle. Not the server time, but the daylight hour during the server day/night cycle for that specific area. Don't just keep leaving and coming back. Learn the day time cycle for that area and show up during the day time and camp.
    Good info. Thanks!

"Remember it's a game. Have a beer buff. Chill." ~ Brewmaster Kolee

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Learn the day time cycle for that area and show up during the day time and camp.

just like a real hunter

Had the same problem too, I didnt hop realms. I occasionaly flew over from time to time, since it was no emergency to finish the quest and quite near the Lodge.