Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Patch 4.3 Updated Information, Transmogrification Preview

Update - Added Press Conference Video and fixed "Whack-a-Gnome" ... Apparently, that's "Whack-a-Gnoll" .... Too bad. The guy who gave me that info will be quickly fired!

Also, Transmogrification will have a lot of restrictions when it's first released, check out this blue thread for more information (I'll get everything on the front page soon)

Patch 4.3 Press Conference Video
    The entire video of the press conference is finally online! Watch it on own3D in HD. The World of Warcraft stuff starts around 19:00

Patch 4.3 Interviews - Updated
    Interviews keep hitting the web and we now know a few more things thanks to the interviews on Kotaku, Gamona.de, and Buffed.de!

New Raid
    • Deathwing raid will be the final raid of the expansion.
    • You will even get to ride on Deathwing's back during the fight, apparently to take him down over multiple phases.
    • The project for an Abyssal Maw is gone for the moment, the storyline wasn't convincing enough/fitting.

5-Man Instances
    • 3 new 5-man instances will be added in this patch.
    • One of the instance will be in the Caverns of Time, for the War of the Ancients

Transmogrifier (Preview below)
    • The Transmogrifier NPC, which will let you change the appearance of any armor piece on you, while retaining the stats of your current gear. (= T12 stats, but with the Tier 2 look!)
    • Players won't be able to change the appearance of their armor into another armor type or class armor set, and you might have to own the armor before you can use it to swap the appearance of your existing armor.

Void Storage
    • The Void Storage is a new type of bank where players will be able to store their old armors in order to free up space in their regular bank.
    • It will hold 100-150 items. Anything stored there will lose all gems and enchantments.

Raid Finder
    • The Raid Finder will be introduced in Patch 4.3, it will work like the Dungeon Finder.

Darkmoon Faire
    • There will be a new Darkmoon Faire island with a bunch of new activities such as "Whack-a-Gnome" "Whack-a-Gnoll" (Sorry gnomes!)

Patch 4.3 Preview - Transmogrification
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    You’ve been asking for it, and we were listening. In patch 4.3 you’ll be able to customize the appearance of your weapons and armor like never before.

The Ethereals, emerging from the nether, will bring with them a new technology they call Transmogrification. They’re heading to the capital cities of Azeroth to set up shop and to offer adventurers a unique service -- copying the appearance of one magical item onto another. They only ask for a modest gold donation to recoup their costs.

Visiting a Transmogrifier will present players with a new interface that will allow them to change the appearance of an item while retaining its original stats. This means that you can raid in your paladin tier 12 Immolation set, but look like you’re wearing Lightbringer, while priests can bring Benediction back -- at least in spirit. Hunters can once again roam the jungles of Stranglethorn Vale in their tier 2 Dragonstalker set. You could even slip into the saucy tailored Black Mageweave set for that matter. You know, with the thigh highs, and the little gloves, and the cute little… ahem.

Placing an item into the Transmogrifier interface will offer a preview of how the item will appear once the change is applied. However, not all item pairings are compatible with Transmogrification. In general, only items that have stats can be used in the transmogrification process. You must also be able to wear both items when using this service. Ethereals don’t have much in the way of ethics, but allowing someone to appear as if they’re equipping unusable items crosses the line. Similarly, they won’t allow you to change weapon or armor types. Sneaky death knights can’t make that breastplate look like a cloth robe, and you can’t make a one-handed axe look like a two-handed axe, or transform a sword’s appearance into that of a mace. Guns, bows, and crossbows will be the exception to this rule. You will finally be able to retain your dwarf’s racial gun bonus while appearing with all the splendor and elegance of a bow wielder (or at least the relative silence of one).

Placing items into the Transmogrify interface will increase the gold cost of the process, and clicking the Transmogrify button (assuming you have the necessary funds) will put the appearance change into effect. The process can be reversed by clicking the undo icon on each item, and then hitting the Transmogrify button once more to save the changes. Any item that’s transmogrified will have text indicating it’s been altered by the process for all to see, similar to the item tooltip callout for reforged items.

Transmogrification encourages players to hold onto items with sentimental or aesthetic value, and the Ethereals anticipate that personal bag and bank space will be at a premium now that everyone will be hoarding their frilly pantaloons and leather jerkins. In anticipation of this new demand for additional storage space, they’ll be introducing a unique Void Storage service. What’s Void Storage, you ask? We’ll provide more details soon.

We’re looking forward to seeing how players choose to customize their character’s appearance, and hope you’re as excited as we are for the arrival of patch 4.3 and the Transmogrification feature. Do you have a favorite set or weapon that you’ll be bringing back? Let us know in the comments below.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-08-17 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    First! Yea i did it

Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-08-17 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mwh, either they screwed the story bad or ran out of time, wtb: naga/old god storyline

4.3 being the last patch is kind of surprising.

I wonder if that's the amount of gold that character has, or if that's the price of the transaction.

Alcaz Island = Darkmoon Faire Island

4.3 is looking absolutely amazing to me

Why oh why did i toss my old sets for my mage... =(

Thank you Blizzard, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I wonder if that's the amount of gold that character has, or if that's the price of the transaction.
    i would venture to say thats the cost of the transaction much like the reforge window

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... I think I might come back for patch 4.3.

4.3 is going to be the most anticipated patch for WoW in years for me. Final raid, transmogrification and raid finder!! I can't believe they are letting us transmogrify weapons! My dear warglaives and atiesh are coming out storage!

Am I still dreaming?? Pretty excited for this patch then if it's real!

Deleted
    Transmogofier - great and potentially new "content" for many people as collecting vanity sets will become a much bigger part of the game.

LFR tool - Not cool in general. Maybe good for farming old/outdated instances but if it ends up anything like the LFD, god help us.

That said, I guess we can now all agree that WoW is officially the least social MMO on the market.

Deleted
    "Alcaz Island = Darkmoon Faire Island" ... yeah, maybe the "scenario" found

"Whack-a-Gnome" ?

Nice patch
    Last edited by mmocf7edf4d68f; 2011-08-17 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what...i have been a bit sad about wow for this past months..but..wow...THEY ARE FINNALY LISTENING!This is what really blizz is..i think soon we have alot more to get happy about

Oh I can't wait to wear my t10 again. This patch sounds amazing. Raid finder? Damn, that is going to be awesome for dead servers like mine.

Why does this seem a bit...off...it's cool and all..but...in a off kinda way..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladia View Post
    Alcaz Island = Darkmoon Faire Island
    Good job of thinking of that out..