1. #10861
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Not as into the Nathria set as I'd like to be, I think it's the colours, they're a bit too garish for me
    I get that. The Heroic version is a very austere silver, and LFR is a muted gold.

    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2020-09-06 at 11:29 PM.

  2. #10862
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    I get that. The Heroic version is a very austere silver, and LFR is a muted gold.
    I think I'm feeling this one which I'm assuming is an Alliance PvP version?

    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

  3. #10863
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I think I'm feeling this one which I'm assuming is an Alliance PvP version?
    Yeah, and most likely Elite Gladiator.

  4. #10864
    Here's a hypothetical question for you guys.

    Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that Blizzard does the impossible and have each Covenant have their own armor sets for each and every one of the classes instead of having just one set for each armor type.

    If that's the case, how would you, for example, make the Kyrian armor sets different between the plate classes? It'd be pretty easy to make something for paladins, but how would you do warriors and especially DKs? The opposite can be true for Necrolords; it'd be easy for DKs and maybe warriors, but how would a Necrolord paladin look like?

  5. #10865
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Here's a hypothetical question for you guys.

    Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that Blizzard does the impossible and have each Covenant have their own armor sets for each and every one of the classes instead of having just one set for each armor type.

    If that's the case, how would you, for example, make the Kyrian armor sets different between the plate classes? It'd be pretty easy to make something for paladins, but how would you do warriors and especially DKs? The opposite can be true for Necrolords; it'd be easy for DKs and maybe warriors, but how would a Necrolord paladin look like?
    For a Kyrian Warrior I would just make the set more rugged and bulked. Add some rough plating as details, maybe some small spikes. Think of a fusion between the current Kyrian set and ToS mythic. Maybe even add some skin showing to have it a bit more "barbaric".

    For DK, I would add faces. Most DK sets have skulls and stuff, but since it's Kyrian I would make the skulls faces instead, like the priest Dragon Soul set with the mask/face on the head and shoulder slots. Take that, and add them where you would put the skulls otherwise.

    When it comes to a Necrolords Paladin, it wouldn't actually be too hard. Take the concept of a fallen paladin or a Corrupted Ashbringer. Have the set be some elegant but roughed up plate with torn cloth hanging over shoulders and have the helmet be a mask with a twisted expression fitting the Necrolords theme with maybe some cloth covering parts of it (something like a shroud that matches the shoulders. Slap on some holy light symbols on the armor but have them broken up by the Necrolord spikes kinda creating the illusion of the whole set being a Paladin set but modified by the Necrolords theme.

    This is just me spitballing and writing things down from the top of my head, I'm sure someone could think of something much better if they go in for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  6. #10866

  7. #10867
    Woohoo! Finally.
    Although I have to say there seem to be a lot of good-looking swords in SL. Bastion leveling ones look good for example. Plate gear doesn't look too shabby either.

  8. #10868
    Now confirmed to be the Gladiator set: https://www.wowhead.com/news=318085/...-dressing-room

    The white and silver is the Elite Gladiator set.

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I think I'm feeling this one which I'm assuming is an Alliance PvP version?


  9. #10869
    Pandaren Monk Villager720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Garithos (US)
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Now confirmed to be the Gladiator set: https://www.wowhead.com/news=318085/...-dressing-room

    The white and silver is the Elite Gladiator set.
    The factions aren't even getting different colors this time? Are we sure about that?

  10. #10870
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    The factions aren't even getting different colors this time? Are we sure about that?
    Most recent Gladiator set was one color for both factions.

  11. #10871
    Pandaren Monk Villager720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Garithos (US)
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Most recent Gladiator set was one color for both factions.
    The elite sets, yes. The "normal" sets - no, they've been "colored" if not factionized since at least MoP.

  12. #10872
    Epic! Ryuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A place, with stuff
    Posts
    1,602






    These are the PvP sets. No faction tints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

    Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

  13. #10873
    I'm so hyped for the elite set! Gonna get it as soon as humanly possible, it's one of the most beautiful sets I've seen. They've actually done a really good job on all the armor classes, for the first time in years I'm tempted to grind out the elite sets on other armor types too.

    EDIT:

    Added a pic of the armor on a belf:

    Last edited by Cariboulou; 2020-09-22 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  14. #10874
    what kind of rating are we talking about to get that set?

  15. #10875
    Quote Originally Posted by offwhite View Post
    what kind of rating are we talking about to get that set?
    If they follow the BfA system it's gonna be 1800. If legion it's 2k. If they go old school then it's gonna be at 2.2k. Most likely 1800, maaaaybe 2k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  16. #10876
    Seems they've sorted all the sets according to difficulty now.

    LFR:



    Normal:



    Heroic:



    Mythic:



    One thing to note is that the glow effects on all sets except mythic (and elite) are removed according to some people on beta.
    Last edited by Cariboulou; 2020-09-24 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  17. #10877
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    One thing to note is that the glow effects on all sets except mythic (and elite) are removed according to some people on beta.
    Kinda disappointing, though I get it. Since it doesn't seem like there's any kind of update to the armor models, you gotta have something to set Mythic/Elite apart from the rest of the gear.

  18. #10878
    I think these look great

  19. #10879
    The Lightbringer The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    3,751
    Here's my mog! I'm really happy with it. I was really hoping blizz would give us the season 1 BFA PVP plate recolor, the elite blue one for the boots+gloves+legs+helm, but oh well :X

    thinly veiled high elf thread

  20. #10880
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Here's my mog! I'm really happy with it. I was really hoping blizz would give us the season 1 BFA PVP plate recolor, the elite blue one for the boots+gloves+legs+helm, but oh well :X

    Really love this one and the toned-down appearance. Feels like either an aspirant in training or the local protector of a small rural town (maybe she's seen some things and just wanted to settle somewhere quiet...then the monsters showed up.)

    It's a nice contrast to the "I AM THE LIGHT'S HOLY JUDGEMENT GIVEN FORM! KNEEL IN REPENTANCE OR PERISH!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •