1. #11041
    The Lightbringer Sett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MogIt probably.
    Posts
    3,967
    I am so excited for the trading post. A lot of xmog potential and recolors we've been wanting for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

  2. #11042
    I saw the new shop transmog set and thought it would blend fairly well with Mythic T16 pieces. Just can't find a weapon I really like with it. The Felsteel Reaper looks decent color-wise, but I don't think axes are paladin weapons. Hilted Monolith isn't bad, but a bit too orange. Dragonbone Greatsword from TBC has the perfect blade, but the pommel/grip is ugly.

    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2022-12-21 at 04:51 PM.

  3. #11043
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    I saw the new shop transmog set and thought it would blend fairly well with Mythic T16 pieces. Just can't find a weapon I really like with it. The Felsteel Reaper looks decent color-wise, but I don't think axes are paladin weapons. Hilted Monolith isn't bad, but a bit too orange. Dragonbone Greatsword from TBC has the perfect blade, but the pommel/grip is ugly.
    Check out the PvP weapons (conquest points ones). I'm not online atm so can't check to be sure, but I believe they match the colors pretty well. You can choose between a 2h sword and a polearm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  4. #11044
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    Check out the PvP weapons (conquest points ones). I'm not online atm so can't check to be sure, but I believe they match the colors pretty well. You can choose between a 2h sword and a polearm.
    Yeah I saw those, the colors are a match but I don't like the "primal look"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    Check out the PvP weapons (conquest points ones). I'm not online atm so can't check to be sure, but I believe they match the colors pretty well. You can choose between a 2h sword and a polearm.
    Yeah I saw those, the colors are a match but I don't like the "primal look"

  5. #11045
    Couple of new recolors on the PTR:

    This one would go well with the Undead Slaying set



    But THIS one is just a beauty


  6. #11046
    Scarab Lord Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    4,301
    I know we've been waiting for this one for a while, but I'm concerned the Warhammer just looks so... small. Like, it feels like it was supposed to be an homage to Arthas'/Paladin hammer from W3 (it's even referenced in the items flavour text), but IDK if the size scaling is off?

    https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/item=189...ires-warhammer

    (I was looking at it on a body type 1 human, for reference, but the scaling should be an issue (if it is an issue) on other races)
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  7. #11047
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Like, it feels like it was supposed to be an homage to Arthas'/Paladin hammer from W3 (it's even referenced in the items flavour text), but IDK if the size scaling is off?
    Flavor text says it's no Light's Vengeance. This hammer was designed to fit with the Exile's Reach starter gear and is as simple as the other weapons from that zone. That includes not being so large that a regular soldier couldn't wield it.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  8. #11048
    Scarab Lord Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    4,301
    I just learned that this thing exists, and I now must prepare myself for Trials of Style:

    https://www.wowhead.com/item=202295/...aders-claymore

    It's got a fine balance between simple (ok, Warcraft simple) and ornate (......... Warcraft ornate). I'd need a specific transmog to work with the colours, but it's a task I'm willing to accept.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  9. #11049
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I know we've been waiting for this one for a while, but I'm concerned the Warhammer just looks so... small. Like, it feels like it was supposed to be an homage to Arthas'/Paladin hammer from W3 (it's even referenced in the items flavour text), but IDK if the size scaling is off?

    https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/item=189...ires-warhammer

    (I was looking at it on a body type 1 human, for reference, but the scaling should be an issue (if it is an issue) on other races)
    It looks like every Warcraft 3 paladin hammer.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  10. #11050
    Scarab Lord Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It looks like every Warcraft 3 paladin hammer.
    I guess the way I worded it was a bit weird. I was referring to the size of the hammer's head. The one's that the Paladin unit in W3 uses is enormous, to the point of impossibly sized - but that's the norm of our weapons in WoW.

    But I guess we kind of got that hammer in the form of the Order Hall cosmetic maces in Legion.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  11. #11051
    So uh, how does the trial of style even work?
    Bit embarassing for a long time player to ask, i just kinda never really even noticed where this ToS even is. Or when?
    I don't even know what it really is.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  12. #11052
    Scarab Lord Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    So uh, how does the trial of style even work?
    Bit embarassing for a long time player to ask, i just kinda never really even noticed where this ToS even is. Or when?
    I don't even know what it really is.
    Honestly, same. I just had a squiz at the wowhead article.

    It happens 2 times a year, 5 days at a time - some time in March (so in 2 months roughly) and in August iirc.
    Go to a Transmog NPC, and if the event is happening there will be a "let me join" option.
    You are given 2 themes for Style (appearance - Transmog, character appearance (face, hair, eyes, etc.), etc.) that you get inside the Trial, so it's ideal to prepare before entering (there is a list of what the styles can be, so go off of that). There is a Barber and a Transmog NPC in there so you can customize at will.

    Then players are ported up onto the stage in pairs, I think. Then the remaining party votes on the best Style. So the rewards are based on players, but the Style currency isn't miniscule so even if you get last place you still get a fair amount.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  13. #11053
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Honestly, same. I just had a squiz at the wowhead article.

    It happens 2 times a year, 5 days at a time - some time in March (so in 2 months roughly) and in August iirc.
    Go to a Transmog NPC, and if the event is happening there will be a "let me join" option.
    You are given 2 themes for Style (appearance - Transmog, character appearance (face, hair, eyes, etc.), etc.) that you get inside the Trial, so it's ideal to prepare before entering (there is a list of what the styles can be, so go off of that). There is a Barber and a Transmog NPC in there so you can customize at will.

    Then players are ported up onto the stage in pairs, I think. Then the remaining party votes on the best Style. So the rewards are based on players, but the Style currency isn't miniscule so even if you get last place you still get a fair amount.
    Ah, thanks!
    The timing kinda explains it escaping my notice, i almost never play in those months due to varying reasons.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •