10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=210872/5...s-vanilla-1-60

Very important changes here and nice ref. Wowhead peeps are sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Ooh that first one's me :3

And yeah, kudos for the T7/S12 pairing, strongly tempted to give it a whirl myself

I have always wanted to make a paladin with a Scarlet Crusade affiliation.
    So I have made a set that combines their essential colors with the gold of paladins. Unfortunately, you cannot obtain the tabard anymore, so I was lucky to have it from before.

I'm not sure about the helmet, so I have included some alternatives in the comparison

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...07;12633;23521
    Last edited by tankbug; 2013-02-26 at 11:04 PM.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    They really need to bring the tabard back into the game. And the other two versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...psa8e39554.jpg

That's my current xmog, I'm thinking of adding the T11 Heroic Shoulders and possibly the chest piece to the mix, and possibly changing the sword to Zin'rokh once I farm it.

Heroic T11 = http://www.icy-veins.com/images/tran...e-tier-11H.jpg
    Zin'rokh = http://www.icy-veins.com/thumbnails/...c2b5fa5f0c.jpg

Any ideas of other, more easily accessible parts I could use as substitutes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...psa8e39554.jpg

That's my current xmog, I'm thinking of adding the T11 Heroic Shoulders and possibly the chest piece to the mix, and possibly changing the sword to Zin'rokh once I farm it.

Heroic T11 = http://www.icy-veins.com/images/tran...e-tier-11H.jpg
    Zin'rokh = http://www.icy-veins.com/thumbnails/...c2b5fa5f0c.jpg

Any ideas of other, more easily accessible parts I could use as substitutes?
    Could you provide an item list of your current set? I'd like to see if I can come up with something later today-tomorrow, but I'd need your current item names available to compare on wowhead I recognise most items but I'm not sure about the chest.. is it T4?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Could you provide an item list of your current set? I'd like to see if I can come up with something later today-tomorrow, but I'd need your current item names available to compare on wowhead I recognise most items but I'm not sure about the chest.. is it T4?

Helm is T8 10man
    Shoulders, chest and gloves are T4
    Belt is unmogged Blade Lord belt, forgot to xmute but doesn't look too bad, however would love any suggestions for it,
    Pants are T8 10man
    Sword is Quel'delar

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have know where to get the gloves that Basutei from Illegal Danish uses?

Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    messing round with a blue/gold set idea.
    That's really cool! I picked up that chest by chance the other day and thought it might look good with the brutal gear!

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 12:40 AM ----------

This is my latest xmog (once I pick up the shoulders from morchok)

I randomly got the legs last night in tempest keep and I loved the color so put a set together to match.
    Last edited by Sasume; 2013-02-28 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Anyone have know where to get the gloves that Basutei from Illegal Danish uses?
    Death Grips, from UD Strath
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Death Grips, from UD Strath
    Thank you, I couldn't figure it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Helm is T8 10man
    Shoulders, chest and gloves are T4
    Belt is unmogged Blade Lord belt, forgot to xmute but doesn't look too bad, however would love any suggestions for it,
    Pants are T8 10man
    Sword is Quel'delar
    Let's see if this link works, I tend to screw up wowhead links to comparisons: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...14;30084:30065

My basic idea when finding transmogs is to use the same helm/chest/legs, and the rest from another set, not very creative but it merges very well. Also, if I'm actually using legs and chest from different sets I pretty much always use a tabard to smoothen the color-switch, if that makes sense. Anyhow, I couldn't do any of this with your set, as I guess suggesting the t8 chest to your t8 legs isn't very constructive advice, you obviously want some other chest. And tabards don't get that thing between your legs when sporting a kilt, either. Overall I'm not that happy with the outcome, but it's the best I could find with your pieces. I do like the blue touches throughout the set, though. Between your wep and zin'rokh I'd pick your current one, as I feel Zin'rokh has a distinct troll-ish look while the armor doesn't.

I left in some other pieces in the comparison if you'd want to check that out, as well as your t4 pieces and the t11 hc to compare with. Hopefully you don't think it's awful!

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    -snip-
    How about using Millennium Blade? It's obviously a sword so you'd have to wait for 5.2 for that as well, but it's an easy farm for it, and in my opinion it fits better than the Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade, which is a bit green. Now, it's hard to see the real glow of it on wowhead so it might be too orange to fit, but it's pretty huge and looks badass with the shield! Also, congrats on the shield \o/ I haven't really farmed BT that much on any character, but I've yet to see it drop at all.
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-02-28 at 08:46 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I've used a few different sets since Transmog came out. I first used the T6 set I had when I was tanking T6 content in TBC. Unfortunately, the only shield that I had that matched was Royal Crest of Lordaeron (Lor-do-ron-ron-ron, Lor-do-ron-ron). I mean sure there was the shield from the SSO which sorta matched it, but it just looked cheap. It didn't look awesome enough.

I went through many months of wearing different sets trying to find one that worked, but nothing ever did. I'd originally intended to use Bulwark of Azzinoth, but I hadn't ever had it drop for me/won a roll. To date, the Bulwark of Azzinoth is the only shield in the game that goes along the characters arm when unsheathed. Due to this and it's size, it's also one of the only shields that actually protects the characters body.

Of course, other shields would if you blocked with them, but none look like they could block as much damage (or deal as much damage) as this one. As a TBC raid tank, it's had a special place in my heart, but has been an empty space in my inventory. It has been the most sought after item for me, moreso than even Ashes of A'lar. In fact, the only item that came close was Golden Bow of Quel'thalas, and obviously, I can't use that. As I switched to Tauren the moment it was available, the shield is even more fitting due to the way it scales.

I moved over to T2 after getting the shoulders drop on my first solo kill (after they nerfed the first boss) and for a long time, I didn't raid or PVP, and thus I was disinterested in the game.

When MoP rolled around, I played casually. The RoS nerf rolled in making BT soloable, and I had a reason to go back there. Weeks passed and I got geared as ret through LFR, still playing casually. I said I'd return to Prot if I ever got the Bulwark of Azzinoth. I went through every piece of loot in drops over the course of 12 solos.... every piece except the glaives, the mace, and the shield. 2 resets ago, my hunter went in at level 88 to solo. After a few wipes, I learnt what bosses required me to tank, and which ones my pet could tank. Eventually, I made it to the end, and lo and behold, both the mace and the shield dropped. First clear on the hunter, and the mace and shield dropped (I was hoping for the bow). Since it was a Tuesday clear and I'm on EU servers, the next clear was on Wednesday. Cleared again, got one of the glaives on the hunter. That was last week.

Post-reset this week, I went in and did my usual clear, honestly expecting disappointment. I was expecting the bow to drop (I've already seen it drop on my Paladin). I killed Illidan, looted, saw the mace, expected it to be the stupid bloody trinket to fill the other loot slot. Such a pleasant surprise to see the shield had dropped. Yes, after over 5 years of clearing that content, I finally have the shield.

Now, I have a new problem; What set to match it with. I'm currently using my T6, with Faceplate of the Impenetrable as opposed to the crown. I've matched it with Pepe's Shroud of Pacification, again due to it being the T6 cloak I used, but I do have a blue and gold cloak to match the tier available. I've got the non-set belt and boots that match the actual tier, as opposed to the Sunwell pieces.

I mean, I'm happy with the T6 set, but a weapon to fit it is proving to be difficult to find. I'd use Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade, but I don't have it, and I'm using a mace. I'll have to wait until 5.2 to be able to use it for transmog, and to be able to loot it. The mace from Illidan is also MH while my mace is 1H so again, I have to wait. The S1 set sorta matches the color of the shield, and fortunately I still have the shoulders, chest and helm from mine. Then you stand back and look at it as a whole, and realise it just doesn't look that good.
    Hehe, enjoyed that read while drinking my morning coffee. Congratz with the shield, and that part about the hunter getting it on the first run - typical! Pretty much done the same thing on my paladin, never got it either. On my 3rd run on my shaman I got it though... Maybe I should start farming it again, the shield is pretty badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

My holy set! http: //us. battle.net/wo w/en/character/bleeding-hollow/ Zelmy/advanced (obvs, you'll have to remove the spaces. sorry!)

This is mostly the Lofty plate set. The shoulders are the Glimmering Steel Mantle from... somewhere in Hyjal--I wanna say the first boss. The boots are just the 450 crafted boots.

There's a small, probably less interesting to strangers, story behind my black boots. You see, IRL, my favorite pair of my 30-something shoes happen to be my black boots. And so, I decided to wear them in game. Black boots match everything anyways, right?

S13 gear looks really awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2a94i78.png[/MG]
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/vymxz9.png[IMG]
    S13 gear looks really awesome.
    - said one person, ever.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    - said one person, ever.
    it doesn't look that bad, just wear an ebon filgreed doublet/shirt from dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    it doesn't look that bad, just wear an ebon filgreed doublet/shirt from dalaran.
    I'm just teasing mostly. The set works fine and surprisingly well on a tauren. I was just hoping for better for paladins this tier from a PVE and PVP standpoint. Opinions and what not.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I've actually got that in my bank I think. It does look pretty decent, but I'm not sure if it's the style I'm looking for. That was before I previewed it in game. Then I realised it's actually a perfect fit. It's got the yellow/orange to match the tier, and the grey/silver to match the shield and the non-highlights on the armour. It's got the same sorta look at Thunderfury regarding matching the set, except being available for transmog.
    I've always liked the look of Marumasa, I found the gold/silver from the weapon match quite well with T6. The green glow from the orbs however might not be what you want, also unlike the Millennium Blade you'll have to deal with enchant glows. Just thought I'd throw out another option for you.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    - said one person, ever.
    Make that two. S13 looks awesome.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann