Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just started playing it, and I must admit that the PVP in this game is by far the best PVP I've experienced in any game EVER.
    Bleh

Can you use a controller for combat? I saw a Totalbiscuit video for TERA yesterday and the combat looked very fast-paced and fun and someone said that this game was similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CipherAgent View Post
    Can you use a controller for combat? I saw a Totalbiscuit video for TERA yesterday and the combat looked very fast-paced and fun and someone said that this game was similar.
    I've read on forums you can plug an Xbox controller to it, not sure how you would do that guessing a usb attachement. But its pretty easy to play with a controller since it plays alot like devil may cry or god of war or something as far as action and dodging/dashing around. Skills easy to use as well wtih a shoulder button to modify the action bar for a second set of 4 buttons.

I'm so picky, I installed it but the customization was too limited for me. Q_Q

You can play with a controller, but why would you? It gimps you.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    pretty lame reason not to like it lol. wow is filled with goblins, elves, magic and dragons...not much different with DN dude =P
    so is the world of the witcher, doesn't mean that high fantasy is for kids.

overall it get a "meh" from me, there are better FTP action MMORPGs out there.

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 03:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    You can play with a controller, but why would you? It gimps you.
    explain how in a hack n slash game like this a gamepad gimps you, as if accuracy matter half the time your mindlessly click spamming.
    unless of course they stuck with the TPS style targeting reticule style of aiming and not using the sticks to change target., then that would just be shitty devs.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-08-23 at 03:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you list a few examples, other then DN or Vindictus? I'm curious to try out more of these action oriented mmo's they are alot of fun and more interesting then just managing cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Can you list a few examples, other then DN or Vindictus? I'm curious to try out more of these action oriented mmo's they are alot of fun and more interesting then just managing cds.
    spiral knights is a rather fun one, plays alot like diablo mixed with bomberman 64.

I tried it. Didn't enjoy it. I'm not into hack N slashy type games.

Also I couldn't change my control setup... that's deal breaker for me.

Deleted
    Why would they not allow it for Europe? :/

As a long time Maplestory player (yeah, embarrassing. I know.), I'm pretty reluctant to play any game made by Nexon. Can anyone confirm/deny how big of a role the cash shop plays in the game (if any at this point)? Though I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt at this point, the CS didnt really take off till 2-3 years into Maplestory in a "I have to buy stuff with real money to make this game worth playing...."

The Cash shop offers minor , VERY minor stat increases on costume gear. However, the fact that the wings you can buy offer 10% movement speed. That's pretty essential to pvp
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    spiral knights is a rather fun one, plays alot like diablo mixed with bomberman 64.
    Be prepared to never upgrade your armor or take weeks of saving to get even the minor upgrade unless you buy CE (in-game currency). It's a very balanced game, only paying players gear up faster (but not better).
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Thumbs up

btw europe guys, u can play it in eu too ;>

Dragon Nest SEA open Beta is not IP locked!

http://dn.cherrycredits.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    BUMP lal jk,

Anyone still playing this? Is it worth a try? I have limited bandwith, hence the question.

Downloading Vindictus at the moment; which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    BUMP lal jk,

Anyone still playing this? Is it worth a try? I have limited bandwith, hence the question.

Downloading Vindictus at the moment; which is better?
    I would say vindictus because it get a lot more content, support, and player base. But this is pretty fun.

Last I checked the log in server was busted though
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Googling/research told me the same; i`m just looking for a 2-3 month time-pass mmo till either EQ landmark comes in or wildstar beta. Guess Vindictus it is. Thanks again me man; decision made.