Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    just bought this (and a new pc too)

finally

/bye BFP4F
    How is that game anyway? I've never tried it.

Hm, interesting. I had just thrown it in the "sucky F2P games"-category. Perhaps I should give it a try some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how is close quarters? Yay or Nay (rate it out of 10?). Still not got premium ... damn Diablo 3 ...
    -K

If you like CQB and fast paced action, Close Quarters isn't bad. I'm not too fond of the Gunmaster or whatever it's called game mode, though.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    So how is close quarters? Yay or Nay (rate it out of 10?). Still not got premium ... damn Diablo 3 ...
    Yay. 8.5. It's a lot more fun than I had anticipated. And you rack up points hella fast when playing Conquest Domination. My average score per minute has gone up by more than 40 so far.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    If you like CQB and fast paced action, Close Quarters isn't bad. I'm not too fond of the Gunmaster or whatever it's called game mode, though.
    Agreed, Gun Master can be really frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    It's surprisingly addictive and fun for me (playing Conquest Domination).. I know some ppl will say things like "OMG! No vehicle? you just destroyed Battlefield!! FUCK YOU EA!" But the reality is even without vehicle, play as assault and do revive/heal in a gun fight is a lot of fun.. It's very fast paced and you are pretty much always within 10 sec away from action.. At the same time it's not metro 64 where it's juts one gigantic clusterfuck.

Overall for me it's very well worth it.. FYI I pretty much stop play D3 now because I rather spend my time playing CQ instead.

P.S. I didn't really hate Gunmaster that much.. If you are playing with 24+ people it's actually very interesting.. But I still like 64 player Conquest Domination more )

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 06:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    Kinda sad that engineer is kinda useless on smaller maps.
    I can understand that the RPG/SMAW shouldn't be effective against soldiers but they don't really have anything to deal with anything that isn't a tank.
    Are you serious? Carbine are crazy in close combat.. One of the new unlock on engineering kit pretty much destroys people in close range.

CQ is a nice pace changer. If you like to switch to a more fast paced gamemode (Conquest Domination), it's great. When you don't feel like it anymore, you can always play one of the big battlefield maps.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Alright, so I tried playing BF3 again after a month or so and I keep getting kicked out of matches by Punkbuster. I literally can't got more than like 3 minutes without getting disconnected. Any insight?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Alright, so I tried playing BF3 again after a month or so and I keep getting kicked out of matches by Punkbuster. I literally can't got more than like 3 minutes without getting disconnected. Any insight?
    run the pbsvc( i think thats the name of it) its in the Origin Games>Battlefield 3 folder.

then run that program, press on the Test Services button, if that does nothing, just just install pb.

I know some programs that keep your windows running quicker by shutting off certain programs will turn off pb.

I really wish companies would quit using Punkbuster. It's such a shit program that actually causes problems instead of preventing them.

Is it really that hard to make your own anti cheat engine? Now if an indie company is using PB I will understand, but a AAA mega publisher can't make one?

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    run the pbsvc( i think thats the name of it) its in the Origin Games>Battlefield 3 folder.

then run that program, press on the Test Services button, if that does nothing, just just install pb.

I know some programs that keep your windows running quicker by shutting off certain programs will turn off pb.
    I figured it out. Avast was blocking PB so I just disabled my firewall for a bit.

Hi
    i'm on a shitty situation right now, 2 guys are trying to get me banned for "wallhack and aimbot" spaming reports with friends etc.
    im NOT cheater but im worried about my account. anybody been in similar situation? or have any idea what i should do?
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-07-16 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Hi
    i'm on a shitty situation right now, 2 guys are trying to get me banned for "wallhack and aimbot" spaming reports with friends etc.
    im NOT cheater but im worried about my account. anybody been in similar situation? or have any idea what i should do?
    If you did not use them, then you cannot be banned. It doesn't matter how many times they spam report you- in the end is if you actually are at fault for using them or not.

Deleted
    I just bought the game for PC, and I'm super confused.... When I press the bf3 launch icon, it redirects me to the "Battlelog" website... WTF I just want to play the freaking game lol. When did I become a retard at computers, I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    I just bought the game for PC, and I'm super confused.... When I press the bf3 launch icon, it redirects me to the "Battlelog" website... WTF I just want to play the freaking game lol. When did I become a retard at computers, I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

battlelog is the server browser, it opens battlelog, then from there you join a game and then BF3 opens up. its kind of stupid if you ask me, in game server browser is just better, no idea why they did it this way, but you get use to it.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Hi

if you have never used aimbot/wallhack then there is no problem. you shouldn't get banned just because some people reported you. might get investigated, but thats it.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post

i dont have the CQB pack yet, too poor and not enough time to play right now, but what is gunmaster? i plan on buying the pack soon, i like playing the smaller maps on BF3 occasionally, can be quite fun and a nice fast paced game.

Two teams, everyone starts with a handgun and for every two kills you get a new gun. Last weapon is the knife and if you get a kill with it, you win.
    Also there's only one winner, even if it's a teammate you still loose if he gets the last kill.

Two teams, everyone starts with a handgun and for every two kills you get a new gun. Last weapon is the knife and if you get a kill with it, you win.
    Also there's only one winner, even if it's a teammate you still loose if he gets the last kill.
    As much as I like BF3, this soundly like a very blatant ripoff of the Counter-Strike mod GunGame.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    As much as I like BF3, this soundly like a very blatant ripoff of the Counter-Strike mod GunGame.
    That's what it's based off of.

Deleted

ah, so like the mode off black ops? i liked that game mode on there, want to try it on BF curse not having the map pack!.

also, i see people saying its from Counter strike, well i have never played that, so dont shout at me for comparing to to Black ops.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post

whats wrong with games burrowing things from other games? if its a fun and popular game type, may aswell use it.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    whats wrong with games burrowing things from other games? if its a fun and popular game type, may aswell use it.
    Remember for like, 8 years after The Matrix came out, every goddamn action movie had to have a slow motion sequence where the camera panned around an actor?

Yeah, it's like that.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA