Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Scope Glint needs to be toned down it acts like your scope has a spotlight on it or something

Also got hit by a flashlight yesterday while in a hallway, that was intense I couldn't see anything
    Agree and agree.

Hopefully high level snipers can unlock a more tactical scope like an SSDS (which would be fitting for the Marine side at least) that reduces or removes the glint.

That dude with the flashlight scared the crap out of me. I had always seen the flashlight from far away and thought "how dumb, now I know where to shoot you" but in hallways, up close.... it's game over. Awesome addition when used correctly as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    You may complain now about scope glint but wait until everyone has unlock powerful .50 caliber rifles that can take you out in one shot while the sniper hides in a bush. In my personal opinion it is a great addition to the game.
    I play sniper a lot, especially in park portion of metro. Glint only shows me who I need to shoot. I don't live in my scope so I keep my glint way down. Doesn't mean it isn't a bit much though. I think it's a way to balance the power of a good sniper but in the end, there should be a way to reduce or remove it if you level sniper up high enough.

Right now you can laser site your sniper rifle and anyone you aim at gets blinded so that is sort of a counter to glint, at least against other snipers.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2011-09-28 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    You may complain now about scope glint but wait until everyone has unlock powerful .50 caliber rifles that can take you out in one shot while the sniper hides in a bush. In my personal opinion it is a great addition to the game.
    I hardly ever go sniper(it was one of the last classes to get all unlocks in BC2) so the scope glint helps me but i still think its way to much

The destruction is shown off in this clip guys, pretty limited at the moment. I would have expect more to be quite honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Renelin View Post
    The destruction is shown off in this clip guys, pretty limited at the moment. I would have expect more to be quite honest.
    Metro hase very little destruction sadly. The actual metro section is the least destructive out of the 4. Indestructible trashcans, trains, piles of things, doors and most of all, walls. I have yet to see the side of a building come down or anything of the sort. I actually forget sometimes that there is destruction in this game.

Deleted
    wow those planes look hard to control and very hard to get kills with. i think were going to see a lot of plane crashes, i mean i cant even pilot the helicopters without crashing in 10seconds, neother can a lot of other people by looks of it :P i would be suprised if i can evem get a plane off the ground :P

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Metro hase very little destruction sadly. The actual metro section is the least destructive out of the 4. Indestructible trashcans, trains, piles of things, doors and most of all, walls. I have yet to see the side of a building come down or anything of the sort. I actually forget sometimes that there is destruction in this game.
    Yeah I get the same thing. I played BFBC2 for quite some time and the destruction always felt like an active part of the game. But so far in BF3 it does feel strangely absent.

Caspian Boarder also feels the same, with a lack of destruction.

So reading peoples reactions to Caspian Border is really encouraging, Op metro is kind of a let down mainly because no vehicles. It is also making peoples rigs actually sweat it uses all 8 cores for a i7 2600k(starting to wish i got one!) and people with a single 580 have 45 fps

10+ Year Old Account
    Caspian boarder is a BRILLIANT map I can´t understand why they didn´t have it as the official beta map since it blows metro right out of the water in all areas.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Caspian boarder is a BRILLIANT map I can´t understand why they didn´t have it as the official beta map since it blows metro right out of the water in all areas.
    It's so to make it equal between platforms I believe, so nobody will complain.
    It's brilliant though seeing as CB with 64 players runs smoother and nicer to watch compared to Metro with 32 players.
    Amazing.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Played a little bit on Caspian Border earlier. It looked* like an awesome map and I think it'll be freakin' great.

*The servers were lagging so bad due to the mass influx of people trying to get in just on time, that I couldn't really "play" it, but I could tell that it'll be great.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Deleted
    I was just watching some Caspian Border game-play and felt that the vehicle-self healing seemed way overpowered.

I can understand their reasoning for implementing it. After all, otherwise everyone driving a vehicle felt pressured to play an engineers. But healing up to full in about 10-15 seconds once it kicks in is a little over the top.

I mean I'm all for vehicle self-healing, even if it does slightly undermine the point of the engineer, but it needs to be slowed down, especially on tanks and other heavy armor.

Something like 2% per second once out of combat would seem more reasonable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I was just watching some Caspian Border game-play and felt that the vehicle-self healing seemed way overpowered.

I can understand their reasoning for implementing it. After all, otherwise everyone driving a vehicle felt pressured to play an engineers. But healing up to full in about 10-15 seconds once it kicks in is a little over the top.

I mean I'm all for vehicle self-healing, even if it does slightly undermine the point of the engineer, but it needs to be slowed down, especially on tanks and other heavy armor.

The thing is, it doesn't take much at all to disable a vehicle. Once you get to around ~45-50% it starts becoming nearly impossible to use effectively, and it's not difficult to get them to that point. I played a little with a tank earlier and it felt quite balanced.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

Its actually very easy to kill a tank with an rpg.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    I thought the Caspian Border servers were only open to EA employees? Either way, can't wait to test vehicles. I mean, I love Metro, but vehicles it what really makes Battlefield stand out.
    they are...he is lying

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    they are...he is lying
    No, he's not necessarily lying, the password was leaked (Zh1nt0 explicitly wrote it in the UK EA forums) and spreaded around. I've been into it as well as others from this thread.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    they are...he is lying
    Nope, they were password protected, so whoever knew the password. Although on twitter, one of the community managers said it's for employees / community members (I'm assuming important people.)

the damn password has been changed

awesome

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    the damn password has been changed

awesome

%$@#$^ i was literally just about to log in and try to play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Its actually very easy to kill a tank with an rpg.
    Yeah, I realized vehicles tend to die very easily. I think a single RPG would take a tank down to 40-50%.

I guess you could argue it's balanced but then I'd ask what's the point of giving the Engineer a repair kit? Seems rather obsolete to me.

Less extremes would be better imo. A Sabot or RPG to the front should chip away roughly 25-30% armor while an RPG to the side should chip away roughly 50%. I wouldn't mind if tanks had weak-spots like in BF 1942 where a well placed RPG could take out a tank in a single hit.

One thing that MUST be fixed / changed is the delay that there is on the server. Like, dying after being covered for 2 seconds. Happens so damn frequently. Kinda gamebreaking to me, it's beyond ridiculous. That also means you can actually abuse this delay factor to rush past a door as enemies in there will see you after about 2 seconds as well.

Anyway I've been wondering, they said every map can be played on every mode. But for example, seeing the Rush layout of Metro, how could it possibly fit Conquest?