Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    GTX 560 TI overclocked edition and the game runs super smooth on high settings!
    Go fucking ultra you can do it 6950 with an old q6600 at 2.7Ghz rolling high at 50-60 fps in mid of action

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    It is 12v12 for 24 total on consoles. Yeah, that seems like an extremely low player count for BF maps. Caspian Border is also not available for consoles, so you don't really have to worry about that map.

----------

Did anyone else catch that the flashlight no longer has any effect in the daytime? YAYAYAYAYAYA!

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 11:46 AM ----------

Yeah, that sort of thing is always a given for a BF game. There will be people sitting there camping the jets.

However, jets are largely useless against infantry. The only things that need to worry about them are the larger armored vehicles and other jets.
    Caspian Border is available for consoles...just not on the beta for consoles. The PC maps are different than the console maps. The console maps have been scaled back to account for the lower teams and it has worked in BFBC2 so it will work fine for BF3. With that said now that I have an awesome job I might throw together a computer that can run it on ultra once I finish paying a few things off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    open beta is often considered as last beta stage, final version isn't much different from release version.
    Open betas are for stress testing if it wasnt they would call it a demo. The beta that is currently up is an old build and is nowhere near the final product.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2011-10-07 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Just to clarify, can anyone tell me how many players are supported in multiplayer on consoles (Xbox 360)? I've heard 24, 32, 48... I would really like to know if it's the same number as BF:BC2.

Also: Is the release date for console on Oct. 25th as well?
    24 in all gameplay type.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Go fucking ultra you can do it 6950 with an old q6600 at 2.7Ghz rolling high at 50-60 fps in mid of action
    I thought the ultra settings where locked for the beta?

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 12:42 PM ----------

Ah, well I found this: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...j-246-dfj.aspx

Top 10 Battlefield 3 Open Beta issues and how we are addressing them

We’re more than half way through the open beta and thrilled to see so many people still enjoying the game while continuing to give us great feedback. As part of our dedication to showing you how your feedback is directly affecting and improving Battlefield 3, here are the latest Top-Ten Community Issues that we’re addressing.

1. Squad issues: Cannot play with friends within same squad, squads get split up onto opposite teams, etc.
    There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (If team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad and changing squads once in game.

2. Regarding additional Open Beta content and fixes/patches for consoles, including PlayStation 3 issues with chat and party systems
    While we would like to patch the Open Beta, DICE is currently focusing its available resources on polishing the retail game.

3. Will DICE have enough time to iron out everything by release?
    Please see General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson's blog post regarding this question.

4. Can we have ability to change settings/options before deployment into match on PC?
    The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game.

5. Issues with terrain stability and “falling into the map” on Operation Métro
    This has been fixed for the beta via a server side update.

6. Kill cam sometimes zooms out too far or outside the map
    This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game.

7. A bug that sometimes keeps some players from being able to sprint

8. Screen flickering/stuttering. Blue screen remains after respawn. Game locks up after deploying C4 (360)

9. Downed bodies appear to be dead, but are not
    The DICE team has been looking into this issue – which is caused by a combination of incidents in a confined area - and are working hard to address the issue for the launch of the retail game.

10. Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?
    The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you’ve provided and is further optimizing online play.
    Some very good news there.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2011-10-07 at 05:43 PM.

I thought the ultra settings where locked for the beta?

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 12:42 PM ----------

Ah, well I found this:
    ..snip..

Some very good news there.
    No just click the arrow to custom and put it all on ultra .........ENJOY

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember reading that you can move the settings to ultra, but the actual result is capped at the "high" settings for the beta.

I remember reading that you can move the settings to ultra, but the actual result is capped at the "high" settings for the beta.
    It was definetely better when set to ultra for me.....OR

Unless something changed, even though it says ultra settings it's not actually on the highest settings possible. From what I remember reading, they didn't put that functionality in because they wanted to cut down on the download size. That and my Radeon 5770HD shouldn't be able to get 30ish FPS on ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    open beta is often considered as last beta stage, final version isn't much different from release version.
    Is this case you are quite wrong they have stated multiple times now that the build they released is at least 2 months old and these bugs have all been fixed. The reason for the beta was to stress test their servers.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    Is this case you are quite wrong they have stated multiple times now that the build they released is at least 2 months old and these bugs have all been fixed. The reason for the beta was to stress test their servers.
    Which is one of the major differences between a demo and a beta that nobody seems to be able to grasp.

Which is one of the major differences between a demo and a beta that nobody seems to be able to grasp.
    though the most stupid part of the BETA is dice have said they have damage and graphics and such scaled back for BETA in this so called "2 month" old build. It seems completely stupid to Stress test a build they are not releasing, one would assume to porperly stress test you should have the full amount of destruction/devestation in the game to see how the graphics and servers handle it, not do a half assed stress test with a lower item count on the map. Makes no sense to not have the most current BETA (I.E. the one they take to Game shows) If they truely want to stress test it to its peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    though the most stupid part of the BETA is dice have said they have damage and graphics and such scaled back for BETA in this so called "2 month" old build. It seems completely stupid to Stress test a build they are not releasing, one would assume to porperly stress test you should have the full amount of destruction/devestation in the game to see how the graphics and servers handle it, not do a half assed stress test with a lower item count on the map. Makes no sense to not have the most current BETA (I.E. the one they take to Game shows) If they truely want to stress test it to its peak.
    The game is not what is being stress tested the servers that the game will run on are.

Oh, you'll see it. There where plenty of AA options in BF2 and you saw it all the time. The jets do have flares to help avoid stingers. Honestly, as long as you aren't flying low and slow, or can't adequate maneuver to evade, you'll be fine.
    BF2 never had viable AA. AA was only AA turrets that jets could lock onto and fire outside of the range of the turrets. Jets were extremely overpowered in BF2. Anything that allows you to get 4000:1 KDR has issues. Good thing they listened for BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    They're stress testing the servers and their backend (Origin and battlelog).

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    The game is not what is being stress tested the servers that the game will run on are.
    Yep.

Also, to all those people that are complaining about lag on caspian. They're intentionally messing with settings on the servers to test. While it may be unplayable, this will benefit the released version. Stop complaining.

The one thing caspian does is show how badly the game needs a real map...
    Last edited by Poodles; 2011-10-08 at 03:52 AM.

Eh I don't mind the lag on caspian too much, it's really funny to watch jets go so slow that you can hit them with an RPG >.>
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Hey yall:

New clan forming up. We are the remnants of a larger clan that will remain nameless for now. Our previous clan broke up because of admin disputes. We have approx 15 members now, all Battlefield veterans, as well as valve games and COD and have multiple more old friends coming over daily. We are looking to find members that are looking for casual/hardcore NON COMPETITIVE game play. When we say non comp. we mean League play. We look forward to every clan match we can find.

We are laid back players, who enjoy shooting the stuff with each other and don't like to deal with drama. We are all over 18, but will accept younger applicants that are mature.

Our team speak IP is as follows:
    legionoffallen.ts.nfoservers.com

We will be hosting a 48-64 player sever, to be decided up soon. Conquest and rush will be played.

If anyone wants to play with us tonight, or over the rest of the beta, feel free to hop in the team speak and chill with us. Don't be shy!

Look forward to hearing from yall.

just picked up a 6950 to run along side my i5 2500, very smooth, with the old ass 5750 i had it was kinda slow

Deleted
    Seems a good enough place to throw up a few questions I have about the game/FPSs in general - some will probably seem obvious, others may be opinion based. The last FPS I played was War Rock, which had to be almost 5 years ago now, but with now having a solid computer/connection, I've got the urge to try them again.

One of the main problems with WR was the amount of hacking, alongside others with insane lagg, is this sort of thing still possible or common on newer games?

I like the idea of small squads in BF, however with 24/32 or however many people are on your team, what's the actual point of individual squads and is their any real benefit to having a group you know in your squad (Aside from enjoyment ofcourse)?

I'm not a huge fan of vehicle combat and I know a big part of BF is vehicles - is their either enough non vehicle maps to make the game worthwhile, or is non-vehicle combat balanced enough that I could still take part in vehicle maps but ignore the vehicles? On that note, how many different game types and how many maps per game type is there looking to be?

Is their any form of matchmaking system, as I'd obviously be both new and rusty, am I likely to get teamed against people of my calibre or is it completely random?

Is their any indicator of your overall k/d ratio (I'd assume such a simple thing is implicated)?

How important is DLC - or how important has it been for past BF games - I 'm under the impression that CoD gets alot of map/gun packs added as DLC, the gun ones tending to be almost mandatory - firstly is that correct? Secondly is it likely to be the case with BF?

I think that's about it, if anyoe actually gets round to answering these then I thank you in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc70278b06f6; 2011-10-08 at 10:09 AM.

I'm not a huge fan of vehicle combat and I know a big part of BF is vehicles - is their either enough non vehicle maps to make the game worthwhile, or is non-vehicle combat balanced enough that I could still take part in vehicle maps but ignore the vehicles? On that note, how many different game types and how many maps per game type is there looking to be?
    If non vehicle combat is your cup of tea there are far better infantry FPS games out there, this one is ballanced around vehicles of every shape and size.

I 'm under the impression that CoD gets alot of map/gun packs added as DLC, the gun ones tending to be almost mandatory
    Mind you i dont go for the zombie packs for black ops but iv never seen a gun pack for cod4 MW2 or black ops. Dunno where you herd this from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    just picked up a 6950 to run along side my i5 2500, very smooth, with the old ass 5750 i had it was kinda slow
    Sounds like slow processor to me.