I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Luckily, the quicktime events are nothing more than 1-2 key presses. They are more of quick movie than they are a quicktime event.

Other than those few breakups (I've played just past the jet level), the SP is near perfect.

The MP is near flawless as well. My major issue of the hit detection seems fixed.

The first mission is more of a playable cinematic. You don't do much, it introduces you to the plot, etc.

Quicktime events in BF3 are how a couple of melee encounters per mission are handled. Not a huge fan, but I don't see another good way to handle melee either. Knifing isn't particularly compelling. And like has been said, it's not so much "smash the button until you pop a knife out of your chest!" Just timing - you press the key in time or you die.

@kliffharry: it was "released" one day early because a sizable number of players have been able to access the game for most of the day. I got in around 10-11 AM this morning.
    Last edited by Meleti; 2011-10-25 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like there´s ton of people who used that early access thing, our clan server has been full for 6 hours now.
    Loving everything about the game.

Ps. JustintimeSS sorry I did not respond to your PM, only just noticed it and you seem to have figured out what to do
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    The first mission is more of a playable cinematic. You don't do much, it introduces you to the plot, etc.

Quicktime events in BF3 are how a couple of melee encounters per mission are handled. Not a huge fan, but I don't see another good way to handle melee either. Knifing isn't particularly compelling. And like has been said, it's not so much "smash the button until you pop a knife out of your chest!" Just timing - you press the key in time or you die.

@kliffharry: it was "released" one day early because a sizable number of players have been able to access the game for most of the day. I got in around 10-11 AM this morning.
    The release date checker doesn't let me in though... how do we get in?

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 12:58 AM ----------

Just got off the phone with Origin Customer service... The email was a mistake according to them. Release is still the 25th

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Cyrex View Post
    The release date checker doesn't let me in though... how do we get in?

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 12:58 AM ----------

Just got off the phone with Origin Customer service... The email was a mistake according to them. Release is still the 25th
    There are a few ways to access. None of them really all that secure.

Also: http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/st...42181559500800

OK so I got to the battlelog but anything I try to do just loads and loads and does nothing!

Right now I think they are doing maintenance? 1am - 1:30am UTC, which is suppose to be over in 7 minutes..

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is that once you get in to a 64m server, it blows away any other FPS war experience I have ever had.

Why must raid nights be on Mondays!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Same, and same.

I also could cap MCOM stations with the right tactics (normally a dive for cover then flank while the ridiculous amount of people hiding behind rocks and on that island covered me).

And I also pre-ordered from Origin to keep it simple, as much as the program annoys me, and I had to pay a little more, I expect the service I receive from the source to be simple and easy.

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 12:12 PM ----------

I think you have the wrong end of the stick, Crysis 2 was removed for conflicting terms with Steam - with another download service. The reason behind this, if you look further into it, is DLC. If you remember Mass Effect, the DLC had to be obtained by going to the Bioware site, making an account, buying points, getting DLC.

What Valve/Steam is trying to accomplish is ease of use for the consumer (aswell as not sending people to the competition, thats just bad manners) - basically EA wants people to go to Origin to get their DLC's for the games. Steam obviously is not going to allow this, for 2 principle reasons - that's just ridiculous, expecting their users to have to set up an account at Origin just to get their DLC's when they purchased the game in Steam - especially with EA's track record, just look it up. The EULA's in the past and even up to the present as I have posted, were scary, the systems were a buggy mess for years with barely a patch of any kind in sight and the customer service was so poor the users would have been better off just not bothering. The second reason ofc is you don't send your customers to the competition - would you accept a product in your store if it had a clause where by customers were told to go to a competing store to finish their purchase?

Steam isn't looking for exclusive DLC's, I don't know where you read that lol, Steam never ask for it. EA is asking for it. And expecting Steam to comply, unfortunately for EA, steam isnt D2D or Amazon. Steam is not small and able to be puppeteered by corporate influence, and it refused. The others stand to gain from it, as they likely agree with the terms, because they can't not agree with them. It would be a disaster for the smaller companies who operate maybe 5-10% of all the digital distribution industry, to say "no we won't accept that".
    I will NOT be buying bf3 due to Origin. Their loss not mine.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post
    Well, it isn't going to change. It doesn't matter where you buy it, you have to deal with Origin. Suck it up, or miss out on what I think is the best war FPS I have ever played.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong about Origin? I don't own a good enough PC to run BF3 so all I know about it is that it's the new EA store.

Honestly Origin is only a minor annoyance, besides I will have origin linked through steam but renamed to Battlefield 3 so I can use the steam overlay and still chat with all my steam friends in game and such. Worked for the beta.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlakand View Post
    What's wrong about Origin? I don't own a good enough PC to run BF3 so all I know about it is that it's the new EA store.
    It's being forced upon BF3 owners, which is mildly annoying. It's basically a strictly-worse version of Steam. I haven't many problems with it, but I know that a lot of people went through downloading hell trying to get BF3 dl'd and installed.

Still cant get any option to work... maintenance is over and when click on join server or start campaign it just loads forever and does nothing.

Can't seem to get past this battlelog. Ugh!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Cyrex View Post
    Still cant get any option to work... maintenance is over and when click on join server or start campaign it just loads forever and does nothing.

Can't seem to get past this battlelog. Ugh!!!
    Have you activated the game on origin?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

yea, its in my game list and i click on it to play, it opens battlelog and then i try to do anything in the battlelog and i get nothing but endless loading

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post
    Given what I've played of the single player so far you're definitely missing out.

Glad I didn't go for a second 580. So far I haven't gotten anything below 50fps on Ultra.

Origin's awful customer service spotted in the wild.

How is that awful customer service?