Had a blast playing last night. I had my doubts about hardcore servers but after playing for 3 hours in one it seems really well balanced compared to BF:BC2

By the way, for those that have issues distinguishing enemy from background/foliage/environment like I do, I turned down all my settings to low/medium with the exception of AA and it still looked great without all the annoying dust and laser lights that come with high/ultra settings. But you still get to see warnings like sniper glare and grenade red flashes so you are not at a disadvantage.
    I'm still thinking about it...

For some odd reason I cant connect to any server today. It just sits at "joining server" infinitely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    lol holding m16 by the mag instead of the grip?
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry if you knew anything, you would know that holding a rifle by the magazine well is a valid grip position.

Oh look! A CoD game that does the same!

I don't think any gun in any game has looked that good/realistic.

Yea Avast would do that to me randomly, I just turned of the firewall while I was playing to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Our server was full for 7 hours with full 64 people playing and not ones during these 7 hours did we have lag.
    The server is hosted by Killercreation UK and not by EA.

Play on servers hosted by Multiplay, Killercreation or i3d.net.
    i was on that server last night and its awsome, no lag

<<< UK based

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Anyone want to join Georgevon and I for some killz/laughs then feel free to add my origin ID- justincredibles

oh man. cool trends Im seeing -

1 people playing engineer just to use rockets constantly like a normal gun instead of having to aim bullets.

2 people getting in vehicles and driving away without any team mates inside and or driving around like idiots not doing anything for the objective

3 people just clumping up and fighting on one objective while 6 other ones could be attacked

4 you can spawn camp lock down on the Tehran overpass map

the point 2 is so damn annoying, the vehicles are so fast, as soon as someone get in its like the vehicles in on turbo mode and F£cks off into the distance.

its a team based game, WAIT FOR ALL VEHICLE SLOTS ARE FULL.

but what gets on my nerves more is when the driver decides to abandon the vehicle for apparent no reason in the middle of a battle cause it seem a strand player somewhere, its just lol

Farming kills seems to be more important than to win the scenario, or actually do teamwork, but we can only blame DICE for incentive it with the unlocks system they have in place
    Last edited by Lusitan; 2011-10-26 at 03:15 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been having any lag at all. The only exception to that is Tehran Highway. For some reason, no server seems to be able to handle that map. It doesn't matter what server it is. As soon as that map comes up, the rubber banding starts.

A question for those who have tried it. How does the co-op work? Is it done via P2P? Also, can you unlock vehicle perks via co-op like heli flares, jet flares, etc.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    lets not forget how terrible EA's servers were yesterday, somthing the supposed Beta tested for.
    The load they experienced wasn't really expected with a lot of people bypassing the release via VPN or other methods. I didn't have many issues at all in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry if you knew anything, you would know that holding a rifle by the magazine well is a valid grip position.

Oh look! A CoD game that does the same!

I don't think any gun in any game has looked that good/realistic.
    Just ignore what he says, he is a huge CoD and Halo fan, and everything that´s not those games has shit gun models for some reason.
    Last edited by Torched; 2011-10-26 at 03:38 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just got done playing the game non-stop for like.. 8 hours, was a blast. Single Player was horrible imho, the AI was annoying as f*ck and it was very linear, but hey, it's battlefield, didn't expect it to be mind-blowingly good. Played a few hours of MP and absolutely loved it even though I suck, can definitely see the changes they made from the beta oh and I suggest everyone try 64-player conq on Op Metro, it's a giant cluster fuck..but an experience to be witnessed...it's the end of the world....but a point scoring heaven...

Deleted
    gah, whens this game actually released in UK? 28th? :\ i bought off amazon and thats the predicted delivery date

i've been jumping from SP on Hard (no auto-aim and really accurate NPCs) and MP, and SP is a nice intro to the maps we get, imho

The way a weapon is gripped shouldn't even be an argument. With some models of weapons the buttstock is short and you want a close grip. CQC type environments make this grip valuable. I've held my M4 close to the magazine when practicing breach and clears, especially when being 2nd or 3rd in and you have other people super close to you.

I have seen a dude on the rifle range hold his hand upside down (as in his thumb is on the right side of the hand guards) and he completely smokes targets at 100 yrds standing. So the way the weapons are held are just moot. They look and feel fine to me and I have shot a lot of weapons.

Anyways, Im getting SUPER tired of dying from rockets because there are SO many sad players who can't aim and use explosives. Literally 1v1 and getting rockets shot at me. I can understand rockets for vehicles or even large groups of people but shooting a rocket at one person? Learn to aim with rounds, seriously.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Anyways, Im getting SUPER tired of dying from rockets because there are SO many sad players who can't aim and use explosives. Literally 1v1 and getting rockets shot at me. I can understand rockets for vehicles or even large groups of people but shooting a rocket at one person? Learn to aim with rounds, seriously.
    Yeah, the rocket spam is really quite bad. I think that they need to increase the arming range a tad to reduce the number of rockets carried by the Engi. Right now it is pretty ridiculous. On Metro, for example, people just sit up there and spam the hell out of the stairwell with RPGs. It is like there is an RPG minigun up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    i've been jumping from SP on Hard (no auto-aim and really accurate NPCs) and MP, and SP is a nice intro to the maps we get, imho
    Even normal, NPCs are incredibly accurate. It took me a bit to realize that normal mode wasn't the cake walk that it was with COD. Even going cover to cover can be hazardous.

Damn you EA for pushing the EU release until the 27th.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Yeah, the rocket spam is really quite bad. I think that they need to increase the arming range a tad to reduce the number of rockets carried by the Engi. Right now it is pretty ridiculous. On Metro, for example, people just sit up there and spam the hell out of the stairwell with RPGs. It is like there is an RPG minigun up there.

Even normal, NPCs are incredibly accurate. It took me a bit to realize that normal mode wasn't the cake walk that it was with COD. Even going cover to cover can be hazardous.
    Exactly. AND I'm using Flak vest or w/e as one of my kit perks. Still die consistently to rockets. I spend a large portion of my time running around reviving anyways but it is still stupid OP at the moment.

As far as SP, there were lots of times where I would die just following the NPC I was suppose to tail. Extremely accurate and damaging NPCs made for a lot of unneeded deaths. I suppose hard difficulty = stupid, forced deaths, not actually intelligent AI.

I've been wanting to buy this but the EULA concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by NomadicGod View Post
    I've been wanting to buy this but the EULA concerns me.
    how so?

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post

Damn you EA for pushing the EU release until the 27th.
    Just use a American VPN to unlock it, It isn't illegal and you wont get banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure how many people read the DICE news on battlelog, but there are several TCP/UDP ports you have to open on your router so you minimise/avoid trouble such as random disconnects. Just check the news section of battlelog for more details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I'm really sick of getting owned by like 20 RPG's, seriously nearly every team has about 10-15 engineer's, it's ridiculous

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Man I'm really sick of getting owned by like 20 RPG's, seriously nearly every team has about 10-15 engineer's, it's ridiculous
    I hate to say it, but I almost wish that they would remove the splash damage from RPGs, etc. It really is getting quite out of hand.