Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    The Javelin also ignores flares. I thought I might mention that.

Friendly tactical lights will be less blinding now
    Before

After

10+ Year Old Account
    Got this on the day before release, played it for like 2 hours max on MP, cant get into it all. Just seems like a camping game where its all about who camps the most apposed to actually having to aim well, as well as dying from nowhere everytime, whereas im used to playing counter strike and dominating because of a good aim, disappointed with this game as a whole but i guess im a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Got this on the day before release, played it for like 2 hours max on MP, cant get into it all. Just seems like a camping game where its all about who camps the most apposed to actually having to aim well, as well as dying from nowhere everytime, whereas im used to playing counter strike and dominating because of a good aim, disappointed with this game as a whole but i guess im a minority.
    You're a twitch gamer :P

This game requires twitch, and tactics, most importantly though, patience.

I would probably say you died more often than not to not knowing maps more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    The idea is you have to work as a team, you have to rely on the engineers, like they have to rely on you :P
    Yes I understand that and possibly as the game has some more time to be played by more people it will be the case. At the moment, especially on the bigger maps when I'm not playing with other friends that reliability is hard to find and it's much easier for me to trust myself to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Friendly tactical lights will be less blinding now
    Before
    http://i.imgur.com/ZZPCBl.jpg
    After
    http://i.imgur.com/7Yj1cl.jpg
    Either change all the tactical lights to this or change none IMO. Either way, the tactical light needs a nerf
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Either change all the tactical lights to this or change none IMO. Either way, the tactical light needs a nerf
    I disagree I think this change is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Agreed, this Is a bad tactic overall. I mean, when the hell does a Marine use a flashlight to blind his enemies?

I think someone need to get their source right, on bfblog it says nothin about only friends. Its overall less blindin!!

Too the game, well i experienced the same like in wow... Some people u can expect things from like ammo and rezz in the right situation, rep in tank, shoot othertanks or kill their engee, but other just walk through the game with closed eyes!! Like i get shoot in my back while seein some teamate campin the way behind me, or do the things said above.
    Why get urself spawncamped when u can easily in 1-2 lifes get out there and cap some points or kill them from behind.
    Why try to hide from a tank with thermal? Run bitch!

I literally carried someone in my tank last nite on conquest, he as gunner had 2 kills in 15 min and was 2nd place just by my assists and captures... Well without ppl like that that game wouldnt be so much fun (me killin em wiese :P)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    This is the only thing that is really frustrating me. I'm by no means good and it's my first experience in a battlefield game so maybe it's just how the series has always been but while dropping med packs and rezzing was great fun I couldn't stand the inability to do anything at all to a tank. Basically I started as an engineer and figured I'd go medic because they seemed to be a bit more helpful to the team. When I couldn't do anything at all to a tank though, and when I realized how extremely powerful basically all vehicles are compared to an infantry I went back to engineer. Maybe if I was a higher level I'd have some kind of offense against a tank as a medic but at the current time I can do nothing against them and I find myself going engineer in almost every situation.
    No you cant. Engineer can handle tanks, but helps little under heavy firefight (RPG s nerfed, even though still powerful they inst anywhere as OP as in BFBC2, and this game has almost no noobtube thank to insanely huge map). I prefer engineer class simply because I tend to wander away from my squad and gotta rely on my own when encounter enemies.

If you cant take down a tank yourself, call for reinforcement. If no one comes, simply steer away from it. You cant do anything to long-range snipers, fast flyers and attack helicopters, mortal spammers, hell even a support gunner firing suppressing fire towards you. Why bother frustrating over a tank, LoL.

Those are the biggest issues to newcomers from CS and CoD. They cant stand the idea of being raped by a well played driver/pilot, or got killed by a bullet from nowhere, then complaining the game is full of campers and overpowered vehicles. I can assure you its not the case. People might run from cover to cover, hiding from your view since you aint familiar to big maps, but matchs cant progress if everyone just sits at their place peeking through zooming scope, no flag is gonna captured, and rush matchs are nonexistent at all.

Hell, I run on my foot in 64p conquest maps all the time with a rifle on a hand and RPG launcher on another, with ~1.3 KDR. Many people do the same.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2011-11-09 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    No you cant. Engineer can handle tanks, but helps little under heavy firefight (RPG s nerfed, even though still powerful they inst anywhere as OP as in BFBC2, and this game has almost no noobtube thank to insanely huge map). I prefer engineer class simply because I tend to wander away from my squad and gotta rely on my own when encounter enemies.

If you cant take down a tank yourself, call for reinforcement. If no one comes, simply steer away from it. You cant do anything to long-range snipers, fast flyers and attack helicopters, mortal spammers, hell even a support gunner firing suppressing fire towards you. Why bother frustrating over a tank, LoL.

Those are the biggest issues to newcomers from CS and CoD. They cant stand the idea of being raped by a well played driver/pilot, or got killed by a bullet from nowhere, then complaining the game is full of campers and overpowered vehicles. I can assure you its not the case. People might run from cover to cover, hiding from your view since you aint familiar to big maps, but matchs cant progress if everyone just sits at their place peeking through zooming scope, no flag is gonna captured, and rush matchs are nonexistent at all.

Hell, I run on my foot in 64p conquest maps all the time with a rifle on a hand and RPG launcher on another, with ~1.3 KDR. Many people do the same.
    Did not play BC2 so dunno if this is new, but the whole vehicle actually dies at 50% shit is stupid, they need to change to, i understand if at 10-20% maby the health drops on its own but iv been at 60% and gone red and had to bail.

I dunno, got some instances when my tank's health was drained pretty quickly from 100% to 0 in seconds and had to bail without ever knowing what the hell happened, but you are expected to ride with an engineer or equipped self-repair/explosive armor beforehand. It slowed down considerably at sub-50% HP, but still operational, you can score kills as long as you got balls.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Actually, the game rewards overly aggressive play in PUB games.

The campers get kills, and low deaths, but they don't get as many kills as a player who aggressively pushes past the lines. The best way to get a good K : D along with a high score is to push up on the very far flanks of the respective map. So if you are on Firestorm (Rush) push up (very) far right or (very) far left when assaulting. Then come from within the opposite direction they expect you.

Anyone else playing in the TWL league? We won our first match today, after they delayed for a week, in a rather dominating fashion if I might add. The ticket count was 328 to their 0 on Metro when we assaulted, and 272 to their 0 when we defended.

Deleted
    This game isn't about kill/death ratio, keep that in mind. Had a game as Assault when I died like 20 times and only killed 6 or 7, BUT I ended up with lots of points thanks to ressing and healing people, and that is what teamwork is all about.

KDR is still important, especially in Conquest, every death means a ticket loss but yeah. KDR isn't as important, you can rack up awesome points from repairing vehicles, reiving people, healing people, spotting stuff and giving ammo to people
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    This game isn't about kill/death ratio, keep that in mind. Had a game as Assault when I died like 20 times and only killed 6 or 7, BUT I ended up with lots of points thanks to ressing and healing people, and that is what teamwork is all about.
    That depends. In rush mode, with equally skilled teams, attacking team usually ended up with negative KDR or balanced, not many people can get away with it unless they play passively/stay at the back attacking with their uber awesome super overpowered 12x scoped snipe rifle. In conquests people with high KDR still contribute to the cause of their team, even as snipers, although may be less than the ones actually trying to cap/defend flags and die for it.

KDR is still important, especially in Conquest, every death means a ticket loss but yeah. KDR isn't as important, you can rack up awesome points from repairing vehicles, reiving people, healing people, spotting stuff and giving ammo to people
    Not so much. In most matchs your team loses ticket to bleeding, you can count total Death (NOT KILL) of both sides to find out.

I would just like to point out that it is respawns that make you lose a ticket, not deaths or revives. Deaths do not even show up on your score until you respawn. That can explain why some people have just one or two "deaths" on the score board. That is why reviving is important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up being screwed over, since you cannot play multiplayer without xbox live. Unfortanetly i cant get xbox live where i live either. So the campaign was really all i bought, and ultimately wasting 60 bucks.

Edit: i dont think the campaign IS worth 60 bucks either.. wasnt enough.
    Why do we only travel outwards in space? Lets try going up or down.

Bring back Warcraft, for Chen's sake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Captain Falkan, did you expect to play system-link or multiplayer over the internet?

Also, the IRNV is awesome. Got it on the M416 last night...so OP
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    I dunno, got some instances when my tank's health was drained pretty quickly from 100% to 0 in seconds and had to bail without ever knowing what the hell happened, but you are expected to ride with an engineer or equipped self-repair/explosive armor beforehand. It slowed down considerably at sub-50% HP, but still operational, you can score kills as long as you got balls.
    I normally find its a gunner on a attack helicopter, thier cannon damages tanks...or its a enemy engineer using his blowtorch on you lol