I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Captain Falkan, did you expect to play system-link or multiplayer over the internet?

Also, the IRNV is awesome. Got it on the M416 last night...so OP
    The IRNV is definitely awesome. I'd call it borderline OP, but I don't think that it will get changed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I would just like to point out that it is respawns that make you lose a ticket, not deaths or revives. Deaths do not even show up on your score until you respawn. That can explain why some people have just one or two "deaths" on the score board. That is why reviving is important.
    Your team loses ticket once your rez timer runs out, since you got to respawn anyway. Rez is quite useful to both reviver and the revived, I wonder what stops people rezing their fallen teammate, even when he dies right in front of them.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think that the Engineer class is going to see some sort of nerf eventually? I play that class all the time, so it isn't like I'm a Recon player calling for the nerf of another class. I actually think my own favorite class needs a nerf.

- One of the most power rifles in the game in the SCAR-H
    - SMAW/RPG or Stingers
    - Can also have mines that don't disappear after death
    - Splash damage on rockets makes them incredibly effective against infantry.

I really with that they had stayed with the model from BF2 that had Engineers carrying relatively weak primary rifles to offset their power from rockets and repairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone tell me how the bloody parachute works in BF3? In BF:BC2 you could jump down from a roof without taking damage by spamming space(parachute bind key) if you do that in BF3 you just die, as it seems to disapeare. If you jump out of a plane you press your space (parachute bind key) one time, but if you do that when you jump down from a roof you get killed. I have killed my self so many bloody times because I honestly don't know how it works. I wanna jump down from roofs and moutains, but it seems to be much harder than in BFBC2

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Anyone else think that the Engineer class is going to see some sort of nerf eventually? I play that class all the time, so it isn't like I'm a Recon player calling for the nerf of another class. I actually think my own favorite class needs a nerf.

- SMAW/RPG or Stingers

I really with that they had stayed with the model from BF2 that had Engineers carrying relatively weak primary rifles to offset their power from rockets and repairs.
    Ehh Engi is my 2nd most used class and I dont think there super op.
    Rocket damage vs infantry could use a nerf(probably wont happen)
    Mines should disappear on death or even class change
    Scar could use a tiny damage reduction but nothing major
    Stingers fine has is and I fly jets all the time

- SMAW/RPG or Stingers

I dont see SCAR-H that effective. Maybe in duels, but like I said earlier 70% of my play time is either in vehicle or sneaking behind peps taking them by surprise. 6 max mines (or so), not OP at all. Rocket is again BF noobtube, but while you are at it, have a look at mortal also. Plus it loses its splash killing power in larger map. Stinger can only kill noob pilots, you need at least 2 engineers with stinger to take down a heli. Even then its quite difficult if the pilot knows his job.

Engineer is the most versatile class in game ATM, but not so OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Can anyone tell me how the bloody parachute works in BF3? In BF:BC2 you could jump down from a roof without taking damage by spamming space(parachute bind key) if you do that in BF3 you just die, as it seems to disapeare. If you jump out of a plane you press your space (parachute bind key) one time, but if you do that when you jump down from a roof you get killed. I have killed my self so many bloody times because I honestly don't know how it works. I wanna jump down from roofs and moutains, but it seems to be much harder than in BFBC2
    It has opening cooldown, you can only open it after like 1-2 seconds in the air. It makes the game more realistic, you got to go around to find a ladder instead of jumping down like Batman in marine suit.

- SMAW/RPG or Stingers

If you take a look at the overall picture, I say the classes are pretty balanced at this point. Each and every single one of them has an OP primary and an OP secondary.

Assault:
    Primary - F2000 (no recoil whatsoever, amazing damage)
    Secondary - They can revive

Engineer
    Primary: Scar-H (a lot of recoil, but the damage is borderline absurd)
    Secondary - RPG/Smaw

Support:
    Mortar, need I say more?

Recon:
    Do I even need to comment on them?

You can't take a look at a single class and call for nerfs just because they own in a couple of maps. But that's because since release, we have SHAPED combat in those maps. Take metro for example, in beta you rarely got stuck in the stairs when attacking or B when defending. Now a days, it's an RPG spam fest that goes both ways. Does that make the engineer OP in that map? It totally does. With the EXPL spec you can pretty much spam 10 RPG's and get massive kills and streaks if you aim smartly.

Or you can just sit there as assault and get stupid amount of points by just rezzing everyone near the stairs, or just drop some ammo and see the points rack up. But WE as player made that map the way it is...noone bothers trying to massively push the other force, we're just content with sitting there in the stairs and spamming shit

Now take canals or any other open map, caspian...snippers every fucking where...sometimes you drop in a squad member, only to be shot down by a snipper you have no idea about...but he's there...somewhere...owning people left and right.

Or if you take Baazar, mortars much?

So no, the engineer class is not OP as a whole, just OP in a couple of maps with a couple of choke points that people love to get stuck at, hence making RPG's amazing.

I am sure the Scar-H and the F2000 (which imho are the 2 most ridiculous weapons in the game) will get nerfed eventually. So worry not

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    I dont see SCAR-H that effective. Maybe in duels, but like I said earlier 70% of my play time is either in vehicle or sneaking behind peps taking them by surprise. 6 max mines (or so), not OP at all. Rocket is again BF noobtube, but while you are at it, have a look at mortal also. Plus it loses its splash killing power in larger map. Stinger can only kill noob pilots, you need at least 2 engineers with stinger to take down a heli. Even then its quite difficult if the pilot knows his job.

Engineer is the most versatile class in game ATM, but not so OP.
    My issue isn't so much with the Stingers. I think those are fine and quite easy to dodge. The only AA that I have an issue with is the base AA + MAA barrel-rolling choppers. Once that MAA gets set up halfway up the map, there isn't much you can do. I was just listing all of the abilities that the class has.

The SCAR-H is definitely not that effective at long range, mostly due to recoil. At short to medium range, the weapon is devastating. Weapon Specs It is the most powerful AR in the game other than the G3, which can only be unlocked via co-op. While it is shooting the 7.62mm, I just think that Engineers should have less powerful primary weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumashy View Post
    Take metro for example, in beta you rarely got stuck in the stairs when attacking or B when defending. Now a days, it's an RPG spam fest that goes both ways. Does that make the engineer OP in that map? It totally does. With the EXPL spec you can pretty much spam 10 RPG's and get massive kills and streaks if you aim smartly.

Or you can just sit there as assault and get stupid amount of points by just rezzing everyone near the stairs, or just drop some ammo and see the points rack up. But WE as player made that map the way it is...noone bothers trying to massively push the other force, we're just content with sitting there in the stairs and spamming shit
    This is why metro conquest (or rush) is one of my favorite maps. it's a huge killfest in one spot where each team is doing their best to defend / push it. it's the d-day site of bf3 i think. killfest and annoying at times? yes, but it's fun to have such a fast-paced battle there when some of the other maps are so gigantic
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Did not play BC2 so dunno if this is new, but the whole vehicle actually dies at 50% shit is stupid, they need to change to, i understand if at 10-20% maby the health drops on its own but iv been at 60% and gone red and had to bail.
    It's cus of people repairing them I presume.

BC2 they died at 0%.

I like it but I would prefer it to be 30%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account

A video made by an old clan member of mine from my CoD days.
    It has actually gotten 278,896 views in 4 days.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    That was bloody brilliant. He picked the perfect music for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    That is just hilarious. The final bit of the video, can we cuddle? aaahahahahaha. Can't stop laughing. Some people are just so bad at this game.

I found his other video to be even funnier than that one:

Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

The thermal night vision scope (or w/e It's called) Is almost like unfair lol. I put the scope on my SCAR with the heavy barrel, and camp In the garage at the Narrow Passage base In Seine Crossing, and I just mow down anyone that comes close to the little passageway. I see them before they can even detect that I'm there. It doesn't matter If you quickly try to fire a rocket In, because you will be dead before you even get to fire a rocket off.

That is just hilarious. The final bit of the video, can we cuddle? aaahahahahaha. Can't stop laughing. Some people are just so bad at this game.
    Actually most of my knife kills came from sniper victims. Once a sniper I knifed was so tunneled into his scope that even a heli crash behind couldnt pull him out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its time i get away from the engineering kit and have some c4 fun

Deleted
    I lol'd so hard watching those vids!

So, after trying to copy the moves on "Operation dickhead", I figured out that It's really hard to do what he did.

If you take a look at the overall picture, I say the classes are pretty balanced at this point. Each and every single one of them has an OP primary and an OP secondary.

Assault:
    Primary - F2000 (no recoil whatsoever, amazing damage)
    Secondary - They can revive

Engineer
    Primary: Scar-H (a lot of recoil, but the damage is borderline absurd)
    Secondary - RPG/Smaw
    G3A3 and AEK are both as good or better then the F2000 (especially over a distance). I would make the argument for as good, but the G3A3 is pretty amazing. However, the F2000 is probably easier to use then either of the alternatives.

SG553 and G36C are arguably, I would say for sure actually, better then the Scar.