Does anybody else still crash within 5-10 minutes of starting the game in Multiplayer? My computer specs are fine, and I have Windows 7 32 bit :/
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Does anybody else still crash within 5-10 minutes of starting the game in Multiplayer? My computer specs are fine, and I have Windows 7 32 bit :/

happened to me a few times on PC now, not that often though. and its usually while i do a sharp turn in a jet or heli it crashes

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    happened to me a few times on PC now, not that often though. and its usually while i do a sharp turn in a jet or heli it crashes
    For me, no matter what I'm doing it'll crash. Heck, even in the deployment screen it crashes. I posted on the official forums a while back, but got no response or help. And the mmo-champ community is more friendly
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    For me, no matter what I'm doing it'll crash. Heck, even in the deployment screen it crashes. I posted on the official forums a while back, but got no response or help. And the mmo-champ community is more friendly

might be better off asking in the computer section, will probably get more help there. all i could suggest is making sure your video drivers are up to date, thats all i can say :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Melkandor - I'm having pretty much the same option. I've gotten lucky and managed to play for up to 40 minutes at at a time before crashes. I think on average I play 15-20 minutes between crashes, though.
    I don't play BF3 on PC, but did you try running as admin, downloading the new patch, etc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Melkandor - I'm having pretty much the same option. I've gotten lucky and managed to play for up to 40 minutes at at a time before crashes. I think on average I play 15-20 minutes between crashes, though.

could try asking their customer support live chat on the website. though they were not much help for me the might help with your problem.

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 02:39 AM ----------

ok i keep getting this wierd bug, i keep randomlly dying. i will just be running a long and then i just die, and all it says is "bad luck" and shows my dog tags, its happened a few times now. it doesnt say its suicide, it doesnt say anything apart from a box with your dog tags and "bad luck" wrote above them. anyone else had this and know why it happens?

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a Steam version of this game yet?

How about an in-game server browser for the PC version?

I want to give them my money, but there's so much bullshit with the PC version, and I refuse to play twitch shooters on console.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post

I want to give them my money, but there's so much bullshit with the PC version, and I refuse to play twitch shooters on console.
    Pretty sure it's still Origin only, I can't imagine that changing.

No in game browser, but Battlelog works fine IMO.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    OK, thanks. Still waiting I guess...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post

I really don't see why people are so worried about Origin...they do the same stuff as the rest of them. And there is nothing wrong with Battlelog games close and load just as fast as if it was an ingame browser.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yeah, i keep getting that too. I once had it when i was stood around a corner on Metro. There was a firefight on the steps as you head up to B from US side. Russians in that little hallway, US on the stairs. I was stood at the back, crouched down, not visible above the stairs. Suddenly, firing mostly stops as if there's no enemies. 5 seconds later, i get randomly killed with "bad luck".

One other thing that annoys me is the randomness of spawns. Several times, i've spawned on a cap we own, only to spawn right in the middle of a circle of enemies. I've spawned right behind a whole group of them at times too. I usually take out 2-3 before getting pummeled.

Knife physics. God this is frustrating. I've gone to knife someone, right behind them, only for the knife to miss. Oh shit, they just heard that and now i'm dead. Only once has it worked in my favour, in that i went to knife someone, assumed i'd missed, but then saw my character jump like 10ft to do the kill. Sometimes, i think a knife should have hit me and it doesn't.

As of late, i've been playing knife and pistol only servers. Very much a fun change from the usual. It's great for XP, but i'm only there because it's so much more fun. I do go back to jet maps now and again. Wouldn't make sense to have bought a 5700DPI mouse and then stick to not doing my favourite past time in BF games. Outside of these 2, i tend to roll recon. Having a dedicated sniper button and an overflow of MAV riding explotative jackasses makes for easy pickings at times.

We're still waiting on the new patch though. No word on when it'll be out.
    Knifing on BF3 is horrendous, ive tried to do it a few times when in close quaters and out of ammo, it just doesnt work, unless you can get behind them and get the assasination it just wont work, ive knifed people and got hit marker and not kileld them, even on hard core :\

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I really don't see why people are so worried about Origin...they do the same stuff as the rest of them. And there is nothing wrong with Battlelog games close and load just as fast as if it was an ingame browser.
    Origin is a deal breaker for me. I don't support EA's bullshit, no matter how innocent and benign it may appear at the moment. They'll do something down the road to make you regret ever supporting their blatant corporate greed. It's virtually guaranteed.

But don't let that stop you if you're having fun. Purely a personal choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knifing on BF3 is horrendous, ive tried to do it a few times when in close quaters and out of ammo, it just doesnt work, unless you can get behind them and get the assasination it just wont work, ive knifed people and got hit marker and not kileld them, even on hard core :\
    Front knifing takes 2-3 hits to kill... and that´s GOOD, it should not be a "I win button" and you kill someone in 1 hit with a knife slash.
    Side and back knifing kills in 1 hit since you get the knifing animation.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    So, i finally pulled myself together and bought BF3. looks amazing just one thing is wrong, i cant see my weapon and i cant shoot or use knife or anything only thing i can do is running around and use vehicles. read something about it being a bug, but that post was a month ago. anyone solved this problem ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    So, i finally pulled myself together and bought BF3. looks amazing just one thing is wrong, i cant see my weapon and i cant shoot or use knife or anything only thing i can do is running around and use vehicles. read something about it being a bug, but that post was a month ago. anyone solved this problem ?

got the latest drivers? do you have high enough pc specs?

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Front knifing takes 2-3 hits to kill... and that´s GOOD, it should not be a "I win button" and you kill someone in 1 hit with a knife slash.
    Side and back knifing kills in 1 hit since you get the knifing animation.
    yeha but it just makes knifing useless, no point to use it unless you sneak up behind someone.

Deleted
    Ye got the latests drivers. and the pc specs is not an issue.

I should probs spend a night updating the original post some time this week, not played BF3 for about 3weeks and just started it again, can say its gotten alot better from what i remember, looking forward to the updates and loving the karkand pack, the gameplay feels alot smoother, will update OP soon.

got the latest drivers? do you have high enough pc specs?

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 08:53 PM ----------

yeha but it just makes knifing useless, no point to use it unless you sneak up behind someone.
    It is. Imagine some one bring a knife against you in a fire fight. Nothing more frustrating than getting killed by one-shot knife while you are armed with a gun and your opponents not. one-shot frontal knifing is an abomination born from Halo that must be killed in every game after BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    It is. Imagine some one bring a knife against you in a fire fight. Nothing more frustrating than getting killed by one-shot knife while you are armed with a gun and your opponents not. one-shot frontal knifing is an abomination born from Halo that must be killed in every game after BF3.
    You could one-shot frontal knife in Halo? News to me, cod however made liberal use of it.

Battlefield 3 on PC - Need help

So i recently got battlefield 3, and I installed the game via origin and everything, but because of the stupid way the program works, it says that Origin is not installed when I try and play the game. Anyone else had this problem?

..And does anyone know how to solve it?