Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people defend Cata?
    Because we enjoy Cata?

I defend Cata because you're obviously either too stupid or too pathologically narcissistic to distinguish between statements of fact and statements of opinion. That's not the game's fault.

If you don't like it, quit. Everything else is mental masturbation.

Deleted
    Are you questioning my having fun?

What gives you the right to question my having fun?

I'm not sitting next to you when you're doing whatever you find fun, saying "I don't understand why you're having fun, and here is why:"

Keep your damn opinions to yourself.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    My problem with deathwing is that I dont wanna kill him like I did the LK. The LK was evil and you could tell it. What did deathwing do? Fly over and revamp old quest zones and just generally make everything better. If anything we should be building statues and worshipping him.
    I'm sure the Twilights Hammer are recruiting.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    snip
    A very late thank you for providing the absolutely fantastic quote that is my sig nowadays, by the way. Dunno if I said it before, as it was quite some time ago :P

This Expansion is a big pile of shit if you ask me. The raid's were laughable at best, stupid boss mechanic's (Rag is ok, Doesn't hold a candle to the original IMO.)
    the lore is retarded (Who the hell is deathwing?) and the +100,000 to everyone's hp made pvp retarded.

Dont know why they made such a shit expansion with such a fast end (Deathwing already?). But it doesn't hold a candle to what BC was, hell even wrath.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    Some of the negative opinions here did not address any of my points just told me it was my opinion. Yes it IS my opinion and it IS a forum so it is a proper venue to lay out my OPINIONS in a reasonable fashion. By the way, you are completely wrong to assume it is only MY opinion. Cata lost 900k subscriptions and I am sure a good chunk of those left because they did not like Cata(Reason I am saying is because inevitably some people will claim burnout not dissatisfaction with cata).
    Obviously you even failed to explain and address your own opinion. If you can't understand "your" opinion to the extremity that it's your opinion, because you're needing other people to address it you're pretty much a sadcase. The fact of Blizzard losing 900,000 sub's you're really must fail to interpret your facts wrong troll, those 900k subscribers were 98% mostly bad players who expect a game to hand them everything you want. It's the same logic for every game if you realize this at all; and, sure this is a forum for you vent your opinion, or your thoughts but you failed to notice you're asking others to explain how you're opinion is wrong. In the end most of the World of Warcraft community did suffice what they liked from Cataclysm, and by all means it's not the best expansion; but, it's damn near a lot more harder than Wrath of the Lich King was, and that will explain your loss of subscribers - actually, I take it you're one of those baddies also.

Blizzard is becoming desperate in what way? They're not becoming desperate by all means, they're are other games that are getting more strategic, harder at their aspects of content, and their aspects in player vs. player. In the end they have to push content faster and expansions, it's how, real life - the game, works my little friend. Them being desperate is a faulty assumption and a negative opinion from a narrow-minded person, so let us look at these facts here:
    • Blizzard is bringing back Neferian and Onyxia makes them desperate in your own opinion, but in reality of the concept it's not desperate it's a war and having the ability to resurrect your fallen children you would do everything you can. Hell, anyone in reality would love to resurrect their dead child or friend,
    • And us as a community having to find our dungeons was never a bad idea, because back in Vanilla you had to do all these quests to become attuned for raids even. So on that idea you've highly failed on that.
    • A bad protagonist you say? Deathwing, isn't a bad protagonist but maybe in your opinion. I don't see how he's moronic by any means neither is he "bad" just because he doesn't appear every moment in questing doesn't mean anything; furthermore, I found in my opinion Deathwing is a better protagonist than The Lich King has been so far with appearance and ties to quests.
    • Also if you notice Al'akir is the God of Lighting, Nature, and Wind in this game. Notice why Ragnaros game back? (He was never fully defeated either) This war / expansion is not only about Deathwing it's also about the rise of the Elemental War Lords and Gods; furthermore you're probably some troll who has never read World of Warcraft lore.

There did I address all your stupid opinions for you sir? I hope so because I don't want to waste more time with this thread, and Deathwing is just a puppet to the Twilight actually. Read your lore more.

1. Cata was rushed. Remember patch 4.01? No, it was not Cata but it set the stage for Cata. 4.01 was essentially a alpha/beta test unleashed on Blizzard's customers. Remember proto drakes not flapping, dying and resurrecting with 1 health at the spirit healer, being transported to random locations, sound not matching to action, weird sounds, lockups, many game breaking bugs etc. 4.01 was a massive bug infested junk. I am honestly surprised 900k did not quit right then and there. 4.03 did fix those bugs but they should have never rushed it out of ptr onto main playing population prematurely which they did. You know Dec 7 launch date for Cata had everything to do with Christmas shopping. The lure and anticipation of Cata is what kept people I guess.
    you do realize of course that they release a pre-expansion patch all the time right? 2.0 was released before TBC, adding all the class-changes TBC was meant to add. 3.0.2 was released before WOTLK, and it added all the class-changes, and new profession before the expansion. 4.0 was released before cata. Did it had bugs? yes, so what? u're gonna sue them? EVERY SINGLE MMO has bugs when they launch patches, the key here is that blizz fixes them. That's more than can be said for most other MMOs that remain bugged for months. Besides, if you had met the beta group for Cataclysm you would had understood that 9 out of 10 of them cared not 1 ounce on actually testing stuff and giving feedback. This left tons of bugs unreported.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Why do people attack Cata ?

i didn't read the whole thread, and i hardly expect to see anyone reading this post, but one thing i liked about cata was the removal of rating requirements for pvp gear. small change but very welcome
    somebody call for d doctor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I defend it? Because I find it endlessly amusing to play devil's advocate and generally be contrary to the people who seem to devote their lives to a pessimistic worldview and constantly bemoan how a game that was once a prettier, less-punishing Everquest is no longer a prettier, less-punishing Everquest.

edit: Oh, and the fact that I still have tons of fun with it also plays a pretty major role.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I like cata so far. No real complaints here, other than a few bugs every now and then.

Deleted
    It is kinda tempting to reply to OP. But I rather go and play a game I still like. Cata worked great for me.

Honestly, Cata should of been WoW2. Thinking that revamping the old world while keeping the current levelling mechanics (where you see the content once per toon) would play out when the majority of the playerbase is past it was naive, especially since toon specific achievements make changing toons harder than ever.

That said, the raiding has been some of the best in the game, just a shame there is so little of it. (Yes yes, hardmodes and no I haven't downed Rags yet, but 7 bosses on 10 means no loot that I want ever drops )

Pretty much agree with the OP.

TBC and WotLK had 5man bosses that I felt more involved about killing than anything in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the negative opinions here did not address any of my points just told me it was my opinion. Yes it IS my opinion and it IS a forum so it is a proper venue to lay out my OPINIONS in a reasonable fashion. By the way, you are completely wrong to assume it is only MY opinion. Cata lost 900k subscriptions and I am sure a good chunk of those left because they did not like Cata(Reason I am saying is because inevitably some people will claim burnout not dissatisfaction with cata).
    So for your first two points, you are upset that there were issues that blizzard fixed? How is that a bad thing? Is this your first MMO? Not an insult, serious question. Cause bugs and bad designs happen. Bad developers just say oh well, good ones fix them. Blizz fixed them.

Point 3 is you feel Deathwing is either a nobody (guessing you never played Warcraft 1 and 2) and you feel he should have shown up more while leveling like LK did. But Deathwing is a much bigger threat to Azeroth then LK ever was and many people felt that LK showing up every 3rd quest was a little much. All in all, this is just your opinion and has nothing to do with the quality of the game.

Point 4. As someone else already said, just because a boss has the same name, doesnt mean it is the same content. The new fights involving Nef/Ony and Rag are totally different.

I think that is all your points. TO answer your question as to why people defend it. It is the same reason people like you attack it. This game has been a big part of many peoples lives for years so they are passionate about it. If you are not enjoying it anymore, stop playing and move on to something else. I still happen to enjoy it so I will keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    Dont know why they made such a shit expansion with such a fast end (Deathwing already?).
    The Deathwing raid will be released about a year after Cata came out. ICC was released about a year after Wrath came out. The Black Temple was released four months after BC came out.

If you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, your opinion doesn't count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people keep bashing Cata?

Now, I have as many problems in this game as the next person what with my class and spec being in somewhat of an extremely unfavourable tight spot right now. But apart from that, Cata is fine. The redesigned old world is lovely, the raids are cool (except for the mechanisms that make me undesirable to be taken to the bosses), the bosses are diverse and interesting. I hate arena as always, I love BGs as usual. I enjoy doing 5-mans - in fact, I hate 5-mans when I still need points; after I've reached my weekly cap, I actually enjoy them again. I'm weird like that.

Cata is fine. People just like to complain. 2 weeks into Cata, everyone was still saying how cool everything is and how hard the heroics were in appropriate gear, how interesting everything was, how excited they were, etc.

Now it's all complaints again.

This is just like WotLK where everyone loved it when it was new and then, as newness wore off, they started trash-talking.

People will never be happy. Blizzard should stop trying.

I defend it because there's not that much wrong with it. People that mass complain on the forums EVEN AFTER QUITTING THE GAME are just whinging little brats. Seriously, here's another question, why are there literally hundreds of the same post on the forum? We get it, the game isn't up to your standards. Quit the game, and don't tell everyone else - We.Don't.Care.

I wonder what happened to the memory of some posters who are satisfied with cata.

1. Cata was rushed. Remember patch 4.01? No, it was not Cata but it set the stage for Cata. 4.01 was essentially a alpha/beta test unleashed on Blizzard's customers. Remember proto drakes not flapping, dying and resurrecting with 1 health at the spirit healer, being transported to random locations, sound not matching to action, weird sounds, lockups, many game breaking bugs etc. 4.01 was a massive bug infested junk. I am honestly surprised 900k did not quit right then and there. 4.03 did fix those bugs but they should have never rushed it out of ptr onto main playing population prematurely which they did. You know Dec 7 launch date for Cata had everything to do with Christmas shopping. The lure and anticipation of Cata is what kept people I guess.

2. I won't hold overcrowing at launch against Blizzard that is to be expected. However, Cataclysm started off on the wrong foot. Remember needing to get to the dungeon to be able to queue for it in dungeon finder? Bad idea, subsequently rolled back. Remember archeology sites in Vashjir? Bad idea, rolled back. Remember inscription requiring limited quantitty reagents sold only at one vendor with a respawn time of several hours? Bad idea, rolled back.(I think leatherworking may have had a similar problem). Cataclysm presented individuals with an annoying attitude. It started treating players like newbs regardless of their experience. The idea of "harder dungeons" was a miserable failure for the simple reason that dungeons have no business being quasi raids when you are dealing with pugs. Take beauty from Blackrock caverns on heroic. Originally it had 3 dogs that had to be cced. If your random group did not have the proper amount of CCs guess what? SOL. That is bad design. Similar argument holds for shadowfang keep first boss which used to have 2 heals that had to be interrupted. Not enough interrupts in group? SOL. The poor design of dungeons subsequently led to x3 luck of the draw, although Blizzard continued its mistakes with ZA/ZG. Jindo with 3 melee is a problem. In Wrath, a random heroic gave you emblems of frost regardless of whether it was HOR heroic or Utgarde Pinnacle heroic while ZA/ZG heroic give twice the valor of other heroics. The end result is that people see the same 2 dungeons for months to get valor capped. Bad design.

3. Bad protaganist. When deathwing dies, it is not gonna be "too soon" it is gonna be "we hardly knew ye" Deathwing is a moronic villain. He torched Stormwind and the world and retreated to "an undisclosed location". As his former mate and key underlings are systematically slaughtered he is nowhere to be seen. At least with Lich King it was later revealed that he planned to get the very best "heroes" killed and raised as scourge so it did not bother him that his underlings fell. Lich King had an overarching presence in just about every quest/dungeon and zone. Deathwing does not.

4 Recycling of content/uninspiring raids. BWD is BWL/Onyxia's Lair was only a setback Chogall showed his ugly head and Al'Akir was Ala who? Firelands was a shameless recylcing of Ragnaros. So we gonna get to deathwing raid with no character development for deathwing whatsoever. This expansion should have been called, World of Warcraft : The Greatness of Thrall instead of Cataclysm. I don't see the epicness of flying on his back, he is not aeonaxx after all. As a side note, firehawks are recycled proto drakes, fire raven lord is lame and fire mount u get from molten front is not terribly original either.

To summarize, I don't see the epicness of this expansion, it is shallow in lore, with bad villain development, uninspiring raids, and bad dungeon design. Wrath had some epic raids not just epic boss encounters. Regardless of how hard Ragnaros on heroic is, Firelands as a Raid does not hold candle to ICC. If an expansion lasts shorter than wrath and I paid the same or greater money, I get screwed.

P.S Blizzard is getting desperate. Remember it has to be accountable to shareholders and in the "what have you done for me lately" people will not be pleased if WoW continues to bleed customers. Transmogrification/4.3 being the largest patch ever is a stunt to preempt SWTOR.
    Why do people defend Cata?

1. I don't give a damn about some short-lived bugs when the remapped the entire old world. Less qq.

2. Some of us weren't intimidated by harder dungeons. Some of us even ENJOYED them! OMG. Sounds like you got used to being able to hit three button and kill everything in an ICC heroic in 20 minutes tops. SOME of us, quit for period of time during wrath, because not having to think while you play the game is fucking BORING.

3. I like Deathwing. I thought it was painfully stupid that the LK showed up every 10 minutes while I was questing to talk to me or do something dramatic. There's a bajillion other people doing these quests. He talking to all them too? Seems unrealistic. I'm not one for a personal villain. I like Deathwing better. He's unreachable. He's a menace that looms overhead and actually acts like a villain. What kind of villain takes his sweet time to leave his fortress, come out in the open, and talk to you? When DW comes out in the open and you see him, it's not for a pleasant chat. He torches your ass. Like a villain would do.

4. I have enjoyed the raids, so speak for yourself. You knowing no lore is your own fault, and Firelands is "shameless recycling"? What? What the FUCK? Do you even listen to yourself? It shares his name, I guess... I'm so sorry blizz used and older lore character and gave him a completely new zone, model, mechanics, and bosses. How DARE they finish out a plot that was intentionally begun in vanilla... Those lazy bastards... keeping the same characters throughout a story... Sickening... What next? Are we gonna do something with Sargerus? Wtf, blizz.. We already did something semi related to him in BC... Lady Naz? She was mentioned in other x-pacs.. Old news.

To summarize. You're blinded by your rose tinted glasses. You fail at lore and understanding character development. You're too busy qqing to enjoy raids. Blizz said before the x-pac came out that they wanted to release one a year from now on. Wotlk may have lasted longer but it was for things like TOC and the massive gap after icc. Yay... That's totally not being screwed.

Of course they are. That's why we're getting a bigger patch next sooner, and the next x-pac will be coming out sooner, to keep people interested. It's not about SWTOR. It is about people they've lost. That's business hombre. That doesn't make them evil. It's how the real world works. (Which, admittedly, you may not have much experience in.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle