Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Links for others:

"Traditional" -- http://worldoflogs.com/reports/aq0icgheyjnpfmhv/

"His Style" -- http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6yli9f3bc5hxjyc2/

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
    And then showing me how he does DPS because his class doesn;t work properly:

h t t p: // www . worldoflogs . com / reports/ 6yli9f3bc5hxjyc2 /
    Mind Spike at #1 with 57% damage? That's the problem right there. His class isn't the thing that is broken, it is how he is playing it. I would say if he doesn't take the advice that has been given in this thread (by either sending him here to read it or relaying it to him), then there is no way he'll be willing to change or get better.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
    Here is the log of his idea of tradtional community stle dps:

h t t p: // www . worldoflogs . com / reports/ aq0icgheyjnpfmhv /

And then showing me how he does DPS because his class doesn;t work properly:

h t t p: // www . worldoflogs . com / reports/ 6yli9f3bc5hxjyc2 /

If these logs are not viewable, I apologize in advance. It is new to me. Again, I appreciate all the help that goes beyond "scrub kick".
    Well, if his excuse to you is his class is "broken" therefore it is leading to his low dps, and you have ample examples from this thread, in fact saying the complete opposite, you have a terrible player, who uses flimsy excuses to place blame on the spec, and not his own inability.

No one is going to fix that behavior from one of your raiders on a forum.

Tell him to lower his graphic settings for better FPS (which leads to better gaming experience / faster reactions / better dps)
    and tell him to set his UI that way so he can keep up his priorities / rotation.
    To have something you 've never had, you have to do something you've never done...

Shadow priests are not broken. He is simply playing horribly. The 2nd log is unacceptable except for short-lived adds that are not worth dotting up and doing the traditional rotation.

The 1st log indicates that he does not understand/have the proper UI for ensuring 100% dot uptime and MBing on cooldown or when he gets a shadow orb.

He is at 46% damage from MF, ~14% from SWP, 12.6% from VT (45% uptime?!), 12.5% from MB, ~10% from DP.
    What it should be closer to is: 30% MF, 20% MB, 20% VT (100% uptime), 11% SWP, 10% DP.

More time keeping up VT and using MB would be a good start. Get an addon to track dots.

Chances are good he doesn't understand that for Cataclysm he needs to be refreshing his dots before they fall off, casting Mind Blast on cooldown etc. In other words, he has not read or has not followed a good shadow guide. I'm sorry but this friend of yours simply sounds too stubborn to use the good advice available to him, if he seriously blames his own low dps on the class rather than trying to find out what he is doing wrong.

Deleted
    i am gonna roll an Spriest for some alt runs in firelands and i must say this thread helped a lot, thank you ^^

Deleted
    tell him to reroll some other class maybe druid..