Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I was watching a friend of mine play Rift and saw this exchange of dialogue after a wipe in a 5-man pug.[...]
    Seriously, I have to agree that WoW has really attracted the FPS Pwnmonkeys who get off by "pwning" others down, whereas the other MMOs out there are grateful for WoW for keeping the asshats out of their game! ^_^
    That same kind of thing can and does happen in WoW. I bet you that you can also find the same "pwnmonkeys" running around in Rift.
    It's really more selective bias than anything special actually happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnystormy View Post
    Oooooooo! I like that! Great comment.

Here's something I wonder too... is WoW changing? Or are WE changing? Has playing the game changed US so that it is no longer satisfactory (for those who aren't satisfied)?
    It's not us at all, they rolled the dice and got snake eyes.

I knew this would happen when they announced Cata, when all the beta testers said it sucked and when I played 4.03 for myself. They quit listening and now they are paying for it.

I stuck it out for 7 months but 4.3... First time in my history of playing this great MMO that I hung up my hat for a 'break'.

A company as rich as Blizzard, which presumably has great talent should 180° the game on a dime if it starts falling apart.

I and many others feel, they don't care anymore.

So why should we keep playing a failed hobby?

I don't hate WoW at all but I'm at the point of departure on principle alone.

people just like to complain about the successful things, wow being the most successful mmo to date its the prime target

Deleted
    they don't '' Hate '' WoW they hate Cataclysm, personally i don't see whats wrong with Azeroth falling apart *shifty eyes*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    People whine because Blizzard listen to people.

People got what they wanted one day before and now they always want what they want.

It's same with kids, give them a cookie when they want a cookie and they will cry the day you dont give the cookie!
    Giving classes a new icon to fix spells is always a good way to make them happy. Haha, the way Blizzard said "Shamans were fixing ya" and gave us a new Stormstrike icon after a long wait gotta be the best trolling ive ever got.

This is a new post but its kinda funny : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140185264

Why dont you go on and add a half year of SV hunters?

Want another one? : http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...Id=15443288961 (EDIT: He said that its going to be the biggest patch in history but he changed his mind cause the patch failed extremely hard.
    Plus, we had to wait over a year for it.)

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Diablo_2_Patch_Notes_1.13

The new mystery is that bosses drop a new crap item that makes you respecc. How nice.

I dont think they listen to the players at all.

Or, actually, they take some ideas based to keep the playerbase alive and release the new content every expansion.

Note that im not really bashing Blizzard. They make really really good games and are my fav company and i will always buy their games. Its just that some devs with ideas that have nothing involved really makes us really angry.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2011-08-20 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    A company as rich as Blizzard, which presumably has great talent should 180° the game on a dime if it starts falling apart.
    So you'd rather see it explode from centrifugal forces?

It's pretty obvious you don't have the slightest clue as to how much work this entails, not to mention how many problems it would create.

Deleted
    because people who are enjoying the game dont usualy make threads saying "this is great!" its only the people who dont like it that make threads about it, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That same kind of thing can and does happen in WoW. I bet you that you can also find the same "pwnmonkeys" running around in Rift.
    It's really more selective bias than anything special actually happening.
    I used to say that too... until I watched the game more and more and more. Watching the in-game city chats, watching groups, ect... I think I saw one heckler... maybe.

I'm now a lot more convinced that the asshats are mostly in WoW.

Deleted
    There's always hate in the world about the most tiny tiny bit of dust. It's what makes us human. Now if we could stop discussing this "Hate" once and for all..... the answer to the whole thing is obvious: Opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many people are stuck in nostalgia ( I admit I've been there before) and don't understand how a game of this size MUST evolve. Let the haters hate, and let the true players enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    !!!

Alot! <3

I am a little amazed at the amount of WoW hatred spewing on the forums. It's... I don't know. Difficult sometimes to want to post in large threads with people going WAHRAW BLIZZARD EATS MY MONEY AND REHASHES CONTENT AWRHBWR. Having a positive WoW thread up at times is like throwing a bloody chunk of meat into a pool of sharks.

It's going to get torn apart and it's not going to be pretty at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koffeinkista View Post
    I for one can't seem to understand all the hate. If they hate every single aspect of the game, why do they still play it? It blows my mind..
    /this this this this so freaking much lol

If people dont like where the game is going post positive feedback on the official forums: I would like A and B to be changed because ....
    Atm its A and B suck fixe it blizzard!! /nerd rage.

If you hate the game so much than just dont play it anymore whats the point of comming here and complaining when you should actually be complaining on the official forums but probably because blizz banned you from there you are now comming here.

edit:

One of the worste examples lately i found in the news post about the realID dungeon feature (that it would stay free). A guy on the first page said they will find something to complain about and ofc they did. Blizz included one line that in the future there maybe was a small chance that premiun features would be added to the thing. But nothing regarding that was set in stone. And still people complained about it.

I dont get this why complain about something when blizz isnt even sure about it themselfes maybe w8 before shouting anything?
    Last edited by schippie; 2011-08-20 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    anyone who says the game is "fine" is playing wow with rose colored glasses, the poll on the front page a few days ago should have been more than enough proof that SOMETHING is wrong. and dont get me wrong i enjoyed the game for awhile, but when you arent raiding there isnt that much to do.
    Dammit people, I'm tired of repeating myself. Quit using the damn poll as if it's absolute "proof" of something. It's not. I would go into detail about how wrong it is to use the poll as "evidence" but I'd rather just leave it at "you are wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    I dont get this why complain about something when blizz isnt even sure about it themselfes maybe w8 before shouting anything?
    Because people jump to assumptions and face off opinions as facts.

It's happening so much on these forums it's rather sickening. The bad thing is, if you point people out on their flaws, they always just start either ignoring me, or the thread it happened in all together. Some of those people were posting in the first few pages of this thread as well, but don't seem to be around anymore (didn't read past page 3, so wouldn't know if they got the same treatment or just not have gotten a post in on this page).

People are entitled to their opinions and entitled to voice those opinions, but for SOME reason it always has to be in a negative tone. And it's in the human nature to defend stuff they like, so these pointless arguments start.

Edit: Personally I wish that the mods would start locking threads or removing posts when people start to act like their opinion is fact, twist "facts" by posting them out of context (or just without context) or just word their posts in a way that you KNOW it going to end in a flamewar. I'm not saying they always do, but I've never seen any of such threads end up with a nice tone.

Some people cant differentiate between input and concern and hate.

On both sides.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Deleted
    My guess would be youthful intolerance and a mind-boggling individual sense of entitlement for the game to be exatly like they want it to be, however irrational such as wish might seem.

Take a look at a guy like senbo in this thread (dont mean to pick, just think he's a typical example. His posts often consists of stuff like:
    "people are so quick to defend wow, but they never really look at it for what it is =/"
    or he feels he has to make a new post if someone remotely agrees with him, like this:
    "this guy kinda explains how i feel in a nut shell. i enjoyed wow for along time, but it hasnt felt as fun lately."

Does it add anything to this thread? not at all, there's nothing constructive in it, no perception or argumentation, the guy just want to spew his negativity as much as possible. Why does he do it? well i'm no psychologist, but I guess he manages to project his own negative feelings towards the game onto the ENTIRE community (which we all know is incredibly differentiated). In other words: because he feels the game has grown stale/dull, everyone else must feel that way too!
    Last edited by mmoc98acf9512b; 2011-08-20 at 03:14 PM.