Deleted

Current best way to make insane amounts of gold?

Title sais it all, I see people everywhere with like 500k...how do they do it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Farm farm farm some more, get a lot of money, then buy low and sell high.

If you live in china it helps.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    For one, they usually don't spend it in the first place. Also, you will honestly not find any 'breaking secrets' if that is what you want. No one usually informs on how they make thier gold, but to be frank it's just working the AH and grinding certain mobs a couple hours a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play the auction house. Buy low, sell high, watch patterns. Learn the market for a month (and do dailies while you wait). Then you'll have some money to start throwing around and playing. There's also mat conversion (IE, Buy Elementium and Gems, make Armor/Rings/Necks and Disenchant for the mats). Make sure you're making a profit first, though!
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The trick is to find music or company that is stimulating enough to keep you awake in the very boring reality that is the money-making process in WoW. Farm, that's about all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with pug and try win bunch of epics, get of the server and sell on AH .... Score

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The auction house

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...use-Gold-Guide

Takes patience, but hey I'm rich

My secret to wealth (both IRL and in-game) is very simple, and it's my favorite quote ever:

"The secret to being rich is to never take on the financial responsibility of anything that needs to eat."

Leveling alts is just like having kids - it eats up a huge chunk of your time and your wallet when it could be better served making money.

I've had one toon from Vanilla > first month of Cata. I entered Cataclysm with over 1 million gold.

Having no alts - I don't have to spend time leveling, buying upgrades, leveling trade skills, ect...

I don't PVP - so I don't need to bother with gemming/enchanting/buying PVP armor sets. As I only do the occasional BG - I play a rogue and act as a saboteur... no amount of resilience you have can prevent me from sapping you and capping a flag that you're guarding! Unmanned tanks in SotA don't have any resil either! ^_^

Seriously - stop wasting time by leveling alts and just stick to one toon. You'll be surprise just how much money you will be getting without even farming as, well, you have no out-of-pocket expenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the best way to make fast (and a ton of) gold is to watch future patches and do some forecasting. For example, when I read about the craftable i365 weapons to be released with 4.2, I started making and stockpiling truegold and running reg heroics for the chaos orbs. There were also plenty of crafty people who figured out ways to solo farm the trash in Firelands for big monies.

Some other tips:
    -When there aren't patches to use to your advantage, simply watch your server's AH, as others have said.
    -Be sure you know your profit margin when buying and reselling.
    -Patience and diligence go a long way when playing the AH. Don't get frustrated if your stuff takes a while to sell at times, and even a few gold profit per sale will add up over time.
    -Use your professions! There are opportunities to make gold with every profession, however some can make more than others.
    -Check out some gold-making blogs and communities out there. There's a wealth of free information, it just needs to be read and applied.
    Last edited by sp13; 2011-08-20 at 02:38 AM.
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find music that gets you pumped, powerlevel a gathering skill of your choice, watch the auction house, and start off by selling gathered goods (but be sure not to flood the AH or overall prices will go down!) and buying stuff that's cheap, and selling them for closer to the average price. Try to ensure at least a 15% profit to make it worthwhile, making a 10g profit off of a 300g item isn't really worth your time when you could make that 10g in half the time it takes to resell crushing a daily or two.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I have two toons. I don't need 100's of thousands. So I use both toons (Main has all his valor gear) to farm the BoE bracers. I'll get over 100k in a month assuming prices don't go below 5k (currently 9k)

Quote Originally Posted by Mageyo View Post
    Title sais it all, I see people everywhere with like 500k...how do they do it?
    Through the Chinese.

I just do teh AH using a mix of JC/Ench/Alch to keep going.

Just using those 3 professions and having the right gem cuts you can ake thousands per day for 10-30 minutes work.

I just farmed using my professions and dailies, it always got me more than enough for what I needed.

Think about it, what the hell would you spend 500k on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The problem with asking "how they do it"--is that it varies widely from server to server.

I am well over 2 million gold now, but I have an alchemist, a jcer, inscriptionist, tailor, and enchanter. I have my hands in alot of different pies and probably spend 30 minutes a day posting and crafting various things (sometimes a longer session of crafting is required after a major patch, but you can do it while you watch TV, so its not too hateful). I was buying whiptail for 17 gold a stack and it is still work making glyphs and darkmoon cards at that price. If your server wants say 40...it might not be worth that. But no one makes gold very quickly. I had around 250k at the start of cata, so it has taken 8 months of diligently posting and watching to accomplish that goal.

The sad truth is, you don't need crazy money. A friend survives with under 8k and does just fine. Unless you are trying to buy card game mounts or something equally silly, there's just no point.

Deleted
    If you browse some of the threads in the profession forums, there are a ton of threads there about how to make gold playing the AH and using professions and some pretty well written guides/youtube videos etc.

I made 70k gold being the first on my realm to farm cata ore while everyone else was leveling ....so for literally 24 hrs I had no competition for nodes ....oh you want some true gold for leveling ? ....2k gold please ....if your the only one that has it people will pay out the butt .