Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have played shaman, lock, warrior, hunter, and rogue to 85.

I keyturned until I started playing my rogue. I HAD to keybind just to play one effectively. They have many situational abilites that have to be on immediate call when the event does arise.

Easiest is mage. Arcane is a joke in terms of play/ramp up (lulwut?). I hear about frost mages being suberbly difficult in pvp but my mage friends say thats just what mages do to keep from getting nerfed, its pretty damn easy (shield, root, stun, do damage<---priority)
    Last edited by Omalikular; 2011-08-20 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omalikular View Post
    I have played shaman, lock, warrior, hunter, and rogue to 85.

I keyturned until I started playing my rogue. I HAD to keybind just to play one effectively. They have many situational abilites that have to be on immediate call when the event does arise.

Easiest is mage. Arcane is a joke in terms of play/ramp up (lulwut?). I hear about frost mages being suberbly difficult in pvp but my mage friends say thats just what mages do to keep from getting nerfed, its pretty damn easy (shield, root, stun, do damage<---priority)
    Very true, I made a sub rogue to see just how retarded they were in pvp at low levels. So many abilities that ALL have their niche. That said I haven't really played many other classes in pvp, but they just seemed absolutely nuts even at early levels. Offensive cooldowns, defensive cooldowns, cooldowns that reset cooldowns, different keysets while stealthed, shadowdancing, ugh. I went crying home to my mommy.

It's also worth noting that i play almost exclusively casters and that probably didn't help.

I find Ele shaman to be incredibly easy.
    Arcane mage is literally impossible for a human to pull the rotation off perfectly...Yay I got clearcasting .02 seconds after I started casting arcane missiles /wrist. but the rotation itself is pretty easy.

Hardest PVE rotation? Mmm.. Demo lock was rather confusing to me, but not that hard once I got it down. Enh shaman though I never quiet could grasp it. I know it's not a hard rotation since it's pretty much static..but it always gave me trouble.

PVP? A perfectly played Mage probably has the most to do that has an impact on a battle. Afflic locks as well.

Easiest? That's a toughy, because If you look at high level pvp, you have to do something to really stand out. That said, Mage can probably reach the highest rating easiest.

Hardest vs Easiest are always tough questions when it comes to pvp. To perfect is far different from playing it at a gladiator level. Like I said, Mages and Afflic locks Have pretty much the highest influences over a high-rated match in the long run (Curses, and Locking down players), but this isn't really difficult. Cast curse every 30 seconds, or drop your freezes as you go. They've taken most difficult moves out of the game, Priests still have the infamous SWeath that can be ...SOMEWHAT hard to perfect, especially on blinds and scatters, but outside of that theirs not a lot of difficult moves left.
    Overall I'd say SPriest is one of the more difficult pvpers to perfect, if only for proper usage of SW. Forcing people to stutter their blinds on future fights is just amazingly satisfying as well. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman elemental is really really easy for me. flame shock > Lava bursts > spam lightbawlts> earth shawk if FS is still up > pop cds right as fight starts or during a burn phase without lust?

to master? always and forever, a druid, although the easiest to play well.

I play a warrior.

I could probably play a druid with just the spell book.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Demo lock hands down, so many keybinds.. petswapping.

Deleted
    First, I'm only considering PvP. I never did a ton of PvE, but I found it was largely the same on all my toons, once I had the rotation down, they were all roughly equivalent in difficulty. Some had a few more procs to watch, or a few more abilities in their priority list, but it wasn't vastly different.

In PvP, as much as it is always painful to admit, my pally has always struck me as the easiest. There just aren't that many abilities to keep track of, and the number of things I'm responsible for in a fight is relatively minimal.

I'm glad someone else picked a rogue as the hardest to master, because I've certainly found that to be the case. It seems like it should be easier because comparatively speaking, they don't have that many abilities. But you need all of them, and they all need to be keybound and you need to be ready to use them at just the right moment. I can't claim to have ever mastered my rogue, and while it isn't that hard to be "okay" with a rogue, you instantly know when you've come across a good one. Someone that has mastered a rogue is leaps and bounds better than just an "okay" rogue.

I certainly wouldn't argue against ranking druids up here for similar reasoning. It's not hard to be "okay" with a druid, but truly mastering everything they have available is a very different thing.

Easiest Class to play passably: Any
    Hardest class to play master and play well: Any

I've leveled and played just about every spec of every class, and I honestly find them to all be of about the same difficulty to play. I also find that they take about the same amount of research and practice to play CORRECTLY.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends allot at what level your playing at, anybody can really play anything at base level but to really master a class/spec it takes more skill & faster reflexes then most people have.

That being said some classes/specs are also more reliable then others & just designed better especially when it comes to fulfilling their role in pvp.

As for how much skill it actually takes to play a class at its best I would say early wrath feral druid was probably among the hardest ever, compared to that almost all specs these days are fairly easy.

Right up there with that I would have to put old TBC ret paladins, if played to their full extent both offensively & defensively they could be a great asset to their raid. They had tons of shit to track as well & you had to be perfect with your timing to get the most out of them. Sadly even when played at their peek it wasn't worth it to bring more then one or 2 of them so few people ever got to see them shine.

While some other specs these days do seem hard because of the amount of buttons they have access to (warlocks) once you get to playing them & learn the in's & outs you will realize that many of those abilities have a very limited range of uses because they are really meant for another spec within that class.

You also have to consider how far addons have come when deciding these things, back in TBC & vanilla there were far fewer addons to track things & they were not as good (some specs like ret were considered a joke so few ppl made addons for it, others simply weren't made well enough because of limitations). This is why some specs were hard as hell to use at max potential.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pvp and pve are two things entirely here. That said, frost DK is the most remedial spec to play in pve and pvp.
    I like sandwiches

Mastering a class is easy. Mastering the game is a different story. Playing as a team and knowing what to do in every situation are the keys to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    easiet is arcane mage, 2 buttons at a time
    Oh look its the 2 button mage guy again.

For pve resto druid has to be at or near the top of the list.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Easy - Hunter, Rogue, Arms Warrior, DK, Mage

Harder - Warlock, Druid, Shammy, Priest, Pally

Take it from a guy who plays every class =\

It all depends what you are doing, every class has strengths and weaknesses based on situational aspects. People who said warrior is easiest probably don't play one. Being melee is more difficult than being ranged in my opinion.

Deleted
    i played retribution in wotlk(i know facerolling isnt hard) so i changed mainspec to tanking in cataclysm and lvled as tank and have been it since so i tried to go back and get ret as offspec but i suck at it now hehe there's to much to keep up now a days as ret so im sticking to my tanking

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    tanking on any class is a joke really. now that I think about it tanking all-together is probably the easiest thing to do in a game. pve wise? idk ive only played 2 different classes, but back in wrath hands down enhancement shaman (and from what i hear) frost death knights were the hardest, though everything is easy nowadays. pvp wise? id say maybe a warlock? I've only played an enhancement shaman/unholy dk in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Can't speak for what i haven't played so, that said, hardest would be hunter and easiest would be warrior, to master, atm, IMO.
    hunter hardest? ... I have a 370 ilevel hunter, and I must tell you it's one of the easiest classes to master.
    You only have to look for Aimed Shot procs, and make sure you have enough focus for when Chimera Shot comes off of CD... other than that, you can pull amazing dps even in crap gear compared to any other class in the game.

Mage is also very easy to play (arcane) but it's a bit more gear dependent than hunters are.
    Stop standing in fire...

10+ Year Old Account
    Again this stupid discussion? Let me be repetitive too then. All classes are easy to play, all classes are hard to (truly) master. In the end you'll find one type of class playstyle more cconvenient than the other and that's probably your easy class....
    A lot of melee lovers think they could never master a rabged very good just because they don't feel comfortable with the playstyle and vice versa.
    Personally I found ret paladin easiest to play but that's just because I got the basic stuff down, that does not mean I truly master it. That goes for each class basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me i lvled my druid back in vanilla so it was naturally alot harder... but to me druids are easy to level...
    id have to say Shammies are the easiest to lvl and Priests are the hardest
    Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!*Gundam Wing (Duo)*

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    hardest would be hunter
    really? did he really just say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Run around in circles till u see a big number (20k+) and in yellow flash on ur screen. Then stop running
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sorry people but you need to accept DPS is about as stressful as making a bowl of cereal.