I'm oddly concerned

So this was from one of the q and a's on the main page, it could just be the insomnia talking. However, something strikes me as a weird
    phrasing, or slip up here.
    Q: This has been asked many times but is there any status update BoA realm transfer?
    A: We also spoke to GC about this again yesterday (we ping him about it a lot). He made it clear that there are no design issues or qualms about allowing
    this functionality. Instead, it's an issue of programmer bandwidth. Because of the way WoW was originally structured around accounts, followed by the
    introduction of Battle.net accounts, there's a technical limitation to allowing cross-realm BoAs which has to be overcome by our Battle.net team, not the
    WoW development team. At the moment that team is incredibly busy building out the Battle.net platform to expand its functionality for World of Warcraft and StarCraft II, and get Diablo III going. We're adamant about making this happen. Unfortunately, I can't really give you a timeline and I know it's
    already felt too long.

I can't really find the words to explain it, but, that statement sounds weird in my head, in a deceptive kind of way. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think more specifically they were talking about the new Raid-Finder tool for WoW they're working on implementing for 4.3, and Diablo III stuff. I don't really know what more they could do for SC2, seeing as how I don't play it too often.

What's so weird about that? I honesty don't see any confusion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    What's so deceptive about the Battle.net team working their balls off to make Diablo III polished? Remember, D3 strongly depends on Battle.net.

Deleted
    Let me word it in the way Mr. Kottick would:

We'll ''exploit'' these extra components to make more money with stuff everybody else is already supplying for free or for less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Let me word it in the way Mr. Kottick would:

We'll ''exploit'' these extra components to make more money with stuff everybody else is already supplying for free or for less.
    Yes, because Read ID cross-realm invites are premium, right?

They'll get around to it eventually... most likely the BNET team is much smaller and have a big to-do list at the moment.

I'm pretty sure it is the "insomnia" talking... Nothing seems incorrect or weird about that statement to me... It is rather simple, in fact: in order to implement cross-realm BOAs, the Battle.Net team needs to tinker with the bandwidth limits in regards to Battle.Net, at the moment, the team is busy working on other Battle.Net functions, so they don't have time to work on cross-realm BOAs.

Yeah my assumptions would be that if they let people transfer BoAs for free they're more inclined to do that rather than transfer a character with those BoAs to their new server for 25 bucks. People are interesting and the way we spend money on sparkle ponies and golden tigers should exemplify that. Blizzard is a company with fiduciary responsibility to their stockholders and parent company Activision. I'd say once low lvl character transfers die down you'll see an implementation of BoA transfers if only to bring back subscribers that want to lvl a character on another server but not pay to transfer BoAs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot play D3 without being online. Thus the key thing for B.net to be in tip top shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathin View Post
    So this was from one of the q and a's on the main page, it could just be the insomnia talking. However, something strikes me as a weird
    phrasing, or slip up here.
    Q: This has been asked many times but is there any status update BoA realm transfer?
    A: We also spoke to GC about this again yesterday (we ping him about it a lot). He made it clear that there are no design issues or qualms about allowing
    this functionality. Instead, it's an issue of programmer bandwidth. Because of the way WoW was originally structured around accounts, followed by the
    introduction of Battle.net accounts, there's a technical limitation to allowing cross-realm BoAs which has to be overcome by our Battle.net team, not the
    WoW development team. At the moment that team is incredibly busy building out the Battle.net platform to expand its functionality for World of Warcraft and StarCraft II, and get Diablo III going. We're adamant about making this happen. Unfortunately, I can't really give you a timeline and I know it's
    already felt too long.

I can't really find the words to explain it, but, that statement sounds weird in my head, in a deceptive kind of way. Thoughts?
    Sounds perfectly reasonable as the means they use to transfer characters is integrated AND automated via battlenet. I suggested on the WoW forums ages ago that it be done via the mechanisms of char transfer over battle.net as that capability is demonstrably in place and proves that Blizzard has already developed the technical capability especially within battlenet accounts to move DATA between servers.

Apparently that is how they prefer it to be done or how it has to be executed. It may simply be easier to do it via battlenet than to try to tie servers into mail addresses and i'm sure most people would be perfectly fine even if sending heirlooms across realm had to be done via the web instead of in game. They should just knock out a quick and easy way to do it outside game if that's what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is the "insomnia" talking... Nothing seems incorrect or weird about that statement to me... It is rather simple, in fact: in order to implement cross-realm BOAs, the Battle.Net team needs to tinker with the bandwidth limits in regards to Battle.Net, at the moment, the team is busy working on other Battle.Net functions, so they don't have time to work on cross-realm BOAs.
    The problem with that is, when you make a new character, it uses your bnet acct to send mail containing any sparkle horses, or pets you may have purchased. I'm not saying it is ideal, but, a quick fix would be to flag the heirlooms you own, like the blizzard store purchases. There's not really a difference between owning one hunter heirloom chest piece, and five. Sieger sort of hits where I felt they were going. Why pay your people to work on something that will make you $0. I understand it's a cash world, but, they are the ones that changed the items to "Bind to Battle.net Acct" so they opened the box on that one themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathin View Post
    The problem with that is, when you make a new character, it uses your bnet acct to send mail containing any sparkle horses, or pets you may have purchased. I'm not saying it is ideal, but, a quick fix would be to flag the heirlooms you own, like the blizzard store purchases. There's not really a difference between owning one hunter heirloom chest piece, and five. Sieger sort of hits where I felt they were going. Why pay your people to work on something that will make you $0. I understand it's a cash world, but, they are the ones that changed the items to "Bind to Battle.net Acct" so they opened the box on that one themselves.
    That probably is the best solution and the one they would take. However it needs development on the side of battle.net to let the game modify your account details, something not yet done and has a huge pile of security issues.

From what I've gathered from the blue posts is there are a number of dev teams:

- Battle.net
    - WoW
    - D3
    - SC2
    - Titan

If the Battle.net team are currently building functionality for the D3 and SC2 teams they're unable to work on this issue of BoAs. The issues with the other games are likely to be more crucial functions, while the BoA thing is a perk that players have lived without for a long time.

And before someone chimes in about Blizz abandoning WoW dev, it isn't. Most of the WoW improvement is done by the WoW team, seperate from the other dev teams. It's just this perk feature that fundamentally challenges the whole structure of the realm system, which requires the co-op of the battle.net team, which has placed it in a queue with their other games.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source