Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    2Options:
    A) Beastmaster, feign death & let the pet kill in 6minutes.
    B) You tank him. He doesnt debuff the tank.
    i think that boss ignore FD, anyone can confirm this pls?

Quote Originally Posted by eLPachuukko View Post
    i think that boss ignore FD, anyone can confirm this pls?
    I tried to do the FD strat in cata and it didnt work though tbh i havent tried to do it in mop yet

Confirmed by me you can solo Azgalor without pet

my hunter item lvl 465 MM spec (pretty much Heroic dungeons items and some LFR items)

Talents: hidden chimera, Silencin shot (this one well pretty useless the lvl 30 talents), Exhilaration, Fervor, Murder of crows, Barrage.

glyph of chimera for more heal

The fight was a bid intense he low my hp to 50% then i use Exhilaration and spam chimera, if your in problems just deterrence and use Readiness in emergency.

And no tier 6 drops this week :@

Any changes from the next patch? Deciding on if I should make my hunter level 80 or my Paladin...I just want to solo raids without being a DK (while they are regarded as better at soloing, I don't have fun with them)...so I can get some achievements and see the raids, without having to feel rushed in a group. However, I heard that hunters get nerfed badly next patch...and supposedly from a friend of mine (he hasn't played in a few months), blizzard always nerfs hunters after an expansion (when they are best) to the worst (or at the bottom) and no one plays them. I'm just worried, I level my hunter to 90...and then I can't play him like I originally intended (soloing raids).

Quote Originally Posted by Vendayn View Post
    Any changes from the next patch? Deciding on if I should make my hunter level 80 or my Paladin...I just want to solo raids without being a DK (while they are regarded as better at soloing, I don't have fun with them)...so I can get some achievements and see the raids, without having to feel rushed in a group. However, I heard that hunters get nerfed badly next patch...and supposedly from a friend of mine (he hasn't played in a few months), blizzard always nerfs hunters after an expansion (when they are best) to the worst (or at the bottom) and no one plays them. I'm just worried, I level my hunter to 90...and then I can't play him like I originally intended (soloing raids).
    well outland raids are easy/ok for hunters but lichking raids i dunno i think we can do it but will be hard.

I probably just suck, but I can't do Malygos or Sarth 3-D yet. Not enough DPS for Sarth, and for some reason Malygos kills me super fast in the drake phase. I need to study up on strats and get some more gear. I'm still sub-heroic lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be tricky to update this thread when I don't play the game and have no idea how hunters work anymore in this expansion.

Which is a shame, really. Maybe someone can pick up the thread for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Masrock View Post
    I probably just suck, but I can't do Malygos or Sarth 3-D yet. Not enough DPS for Sarth, and for some reason Malygos kills me super fast in the drake phase. I need to study up on strats and get some more gear. I'm still sub-heroic lvl.
    Use 1-1-2-3 rotation on Malygos drake phase. Just spam this through the whole phase, never use any other abilities. Move constantly to avoid Static Shock. Should be easy as pie once you get the rotation going.

Tried that. Still died too fast. Probably was just messing up the 1 and 2 too much. 3 was always on and stacked. The shocks were hitting a little but I was moving away fast. I'll try again.

i have 493 gear and its just barely not enough for 3d sarth 25m... 10m is a cakewalk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    If you're having trouble doing Malygos and are patient, you can use Durendil's strat:

Skip to about 10:25 to see the relevant portion.
    Last edited by Arcanimus; 2012-12-04 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Tried that. Still died too fast. Probably was just messing up the 1 and 2 too much. 3 was always on and stacked. The shocks were hitting a little but I was moving away fast. I'll try again.
    It's best to know what's going on in that phase so its easy to pinpoint where the problem is.

The drake functions similar to a rogue, in that you build up combo points and then spend them on a finisher. That's what the 1-1-2 part of the rotation is, you're building up 2 combo points on him with the 1 ability, then using 2 as a finisher. 2 is a dot, the more combo points you do will increase the duration of the DoT, you only need 2 combo points so you can keep it rolling until the next time you cast it. Then the 3 is the same as Life Bloom for a resto druid, a stacking HoT that you just need to cast once to maintain all the stacks as long as you have 5 going.

So when the phase starts, pre-HoT yourself, you should have 5 stacks of it before Maly even is targetable. When he is targetable start with your 1-1-2-3 rotation and just watch out for his ability where he spits a Static Ball (Static Field) at you that arcs, simply move from that position rotating around either clockwise or counter clockwise. The only thing that can kill you is that ability.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    It would be tricky to update this thread when I don't play the game and have no idea how hunters work anymore in this expansion.

Which is a shame, really. Maybe someone can pick up the thread for me.
    Did another game steal you away from WoW?

When Black Ops 2 came out my WoW playtime tanked!
    How-To Video's for Hunter solo'ing

http://www.youtube.com/user/DIsteevnash

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenash View Post
    It's best to know what's going on in that phase so its easy to pinpoint where the problem is.

The drake functions similar to a rogue, in that you build up combo points and then spend them on a finisher. That's what the 1-1-2 part of the rotation is, you're building up 2 combo points on him with the 1 ability, then using 2 as a finisher. 2 is a dot, the more combo points you do will increase the duration of the DoT, you only need 2 combo points so you can keep it rolling until the next time you cast it. Then the 3 is the same as Life Bloom for a resto druid, a stacking HoT that you just need to cast once to maintain all the stacks as long as you have 5 going.

So when the phase starts, pre-HoT yourself, you should have 5 stacks of it before Maly even is targetable. When he is targetable start with your 1-1-2-3 rotation and just watch out for his ability where he spits a Static Ball (Static Field) at you that arcs, simply move from that position rotating around either clockwise or counter clockwise. The only thing that can kill you is that ability.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 05:36 PM ----------

Did another game steal you away from WoW?

When Black Ops 2 came out my WoW playtime tanked!
    Surprisingly no. Tried GW2 but didn't like it. Haven't played any game lately. Pretty much girlfriend, work and friends (Which I apparently had) takes most of my time. And my ferret.

Though I have to give up that ferret soon.. Poor girl.

I figured out Maly. It was the damn shocks that were doing me in. Once I knew what to look for it was piss easy.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i have 493 gear and its just barely not enough for 3d sarth 25m... 10m is a cakewalk though.
    Not sub-heroic raid. Sub-heroic 5-man. I'm still in greens!

Posted on EJ figured I'd post here to broaden the base.

I have just finished killing Alysrazor on 10m normal. I am unsure whether or not this is a first on this thread but just in case it is I thought it would be good to let everyone know that it is possible as a Hunter.

I am item level 502 with 4pc (although I did not bestial wrath after the opener) and I ran 3/1/1/3/1/3 talents with Animal Bond and Marked for Death as Beast Mastery spec. This is easily doable with quite a bit lower item level as you can see in my picture I was just beginning the third fly around when I finished her so there is a lot of extra time to make up the damage.

The key to my kill was surviving the down phase which was extremely tight. I started by cycling through 5 different spirit beasts' Spirit Mend then I popped Exhil and Deterrence (then Readiness) and began to cycle back through my pets until I was low on health to finish up with another Exhil and Deterrence.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Once again I apologize if soloing Alysrazor as a hunter is common knowledge already.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    If you're having trouble doing Malygos and are patient, you can use Durendil's strat:

Skip to about 10:25 to see the relevant portion.
    o.o 35mins for a 10 min enrage...wowza...

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eLPachuukko View Post
    well outland raids are easy/ok for hunters but lichking raids i dunno i think we can do it but will be hard.
    I've done all Naxx 10, some 25.
    VoA 10 / 25. (earth wind & fire 10 too)
    EoE 10 / 25. (10 at 85)
    OS 10 and 25, all separate drakes so far...haven't tried 3D (yes shadron solo too...25man needs around 100kdps)
    1/2 of Ulduar 10...haven't really tried yet.
    ICC 10 first 2. (marrowgar at 85)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bekiLL View Post
    Posted on EJ figured I'd post here to broaden the base.

I have just finished killing Alysrazor on 10m normal. I am unsure whether or not this is a first on this thread but just in case it is I thought it would be good to let everyone know that it is possible as a Hunter.

I am item level 502 with 4pc (although I did not bestial wrath after the opener) and I ran 3/1/1/3/1/3 talents with Animal Bond and Marked for Death as Beast Mastery spec. This is easily doable with quite a bit lower item level as you can see in my picture I was just beginning the third fly around when I finished her so there is a lot of extra time to make up the damage.

The key to my kill was surviving the down phase which was extremely tight. I started by cycling through 5 different spirit beasts' Spirit Mend then I popped Exhil and Deterrence (then Readiness) and began to cycle back through my pets until I was low on health to finish up with another Exhil and Deterrence.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Once again I apologize if soloing Alysrazor as a hunter is common knowledge already.
    hee m8 can i get your armory link / batte tag or skype so i can ask a few things for soloing this beauty as a hunter? would be lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    hee m8 can i get your armory link / batte tag or skype so i can ask a few things for soloing this beauty as a hunter? would be lovely!
    I already specified, you need 5 spirit beasts to cycle Spirit Mend on yourself. I am Bekill on Tichondrius if you really need to ask some questions.