Smoothest mouse for small hands

Trying to just upgrade a few things. Headset was in previous post. Am looking for suggestions regarding a mouse for someone with smaller hands, Korean like. Apparently the Razor Deathadder is pretty good. Just want something small and lightweight.

I have both the naga and deathadder. The naga is definitely the smaller of the 2.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Naga is v nice, make sure to click the num lock button on the bottom though.

You tend to not see that option when you rip the box open.

Deleted
    I assume you're playing WoW, because then the Razer Naga is a valid choice for small hands.

But if you've stopped playing WoW for now, you could check the Logitech G400 or G700 series although the later might be a bit too big. If you really small mice, check out some mobile ones.

Should have said. Would be using the mouse for SC2 and then for Diablo 3 when/if it comes out "soon".

Quote Originally Posted by freelapdance View Post
    Should have said. Would be using the mouse for SC2 and then for Diablo 3 when/if it comes out "soon".
    Pics out yet by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I love my Razer Deathadder and being a man I have small girly hands

I tried my husband's Naga a while back, when my Logitech mouse broke and I was waiting for the replacement. While I can agree that the Naga's smaller than most mice, I want to point out that it's got some oddities to it (aside from the extra thumb buttons).

The Naga's lit from within. I could *feel* the heat, and it made my hand uncomfortable and then sweaty. Did not like this at all.

The Forward and Back buttons are in an awkward place - at least, for me. They're additional buttons that take up some real estate at the base of the left click button, so I have to make an uncomfortable claw of my right index finger to reach either one. Since I play a healer and had bound the Forward and Back buttons to spells I use often, it was a problem. That said, I know an easy solution would simply be to bind two of the thumb buttons to replace the normal F / B buttons, but combined with the discomfort of the inner lighting, it wasn't really worth my time.

The Naga is more lightweight, but I found it to be a bit too light. It lifted too easily. I personally prefer a mouse that keeps it's place on a surface, and my fingertips and the base of my palm basically guide the mouse around in a gentle "cage," as it were. The Naga needed a firmer grip to move properly, and due to the aforementioned heat, this was (again) not something I was interested in trying to adapt to.

The thumb buttons were a really nifty idea, but I'd probably get more use out of them if they were scattered over the Left Click button rather than the thumb area. I found it awkward to try to reach the vast majority of the thumb buttons - I'd have to twist my wrist to reach the buttons, and as light as the Naga is, it would often shift, placing the button I wanted further out of reach, requiring even more awkward wrist compensation.

I have small hands [EDIT](female, also of Asian descent)[END EDIT], but I prefer my mice to be vaguely slender rather than all around smaller.

Right now I'm using Logitech Gx9 (with the slim grip, not the chubby one shown in most pictures of it), but prior to that I had a medium weight, slender, lovely Logitech M500 mouse that I loved. The only reason I replaced it with what I've got now is because the little skid feet were sliding out of where they belonged and irritating me, and I couldn't find the M500 (which technically is a later generation of what I had) - and the one I use now was on sale.

I know I sound like I'm hating on the Naga, but really, really I'm not. I did want to be thorough in regards to my personal experience with it, though. It's a really great idea, but it's just not ideal for me, personally. A ton of people absolutely love the thing. Perhaps they grip their mice differently than I do mine - I rest the top of my palm on the mouse at all times, rather than just gripping it with my fingertips (thus my issue with the heat). They might be able to stablize the mouse with their fingers, allowing them to make full use of the thumb buttons, but that wasn't a comfortable option for me.

What will you be using the mouse for? Do you need all the bindings the Naga would offer? Does size trump other comfort concerns?

It's probably worth it to give it a shot (if enough people with smaller hands recommend it), and you should have 30 days to return it if it doesn't work out. If the Naga works for you, terrific

As Crowe mentioned, if small is the biggest issue, and you don't mind basic, mobile mice might be perfect. (I think they're smaller than Naga, but a little weightier so I have better control of their movement... but they're also very basic with a scroll wheel and probably just Forward / Back buttons aside from RC and LC)
    Last edited by Chirri; 2011-08-21 at 11:28 AM.

Mobile ones... Those are as long as my fingers. So ye, if you're looking for small, that's the mouse for you. If you want smallband comfortable, razer makes small mice.
    I have the Mamba and while I like it, it's still too small for me. But I like to have my whole hand on the mouse and not some part sliding over the mousepad, that's why I have to resort to the horrible clawgrip (Time for a new mouse, lol)

Sounds perfect for you.

Naga's lit from within? Okay, that does it. I'm buying one for winter. :P

I am hearing some different views on just how big the Deathadder is. Xuany or anyone else with one, can you say just how comfortable you are with the size?

I am female with smaller hands and use the Deathadder. It is perfect size. DH has the Naga and I tried it and it was uncomfortable for me. Perhaps I could have adapted to it had I used it for a long time.