Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I regularly interrupted Penances with only 1 tic going off.

Etc. Etc.
    Stop embarassing actual high rated players.

You can death a blind when you see rogues hand doing the throw animation. Tested with some people in WotLK, we also had a nelf priest shadowmeld the blind.

Also, pre-cataclysm vanishing blinds was one of the skill factors of rogue vs. rogue - the act of predicting is part of the thing people call "skill".

Deleted
    WoW servers have limited framerate, and are hardly likely to use direct object interaction ( so every interaction get's stacked up and delayed before being executed ), this allows you being interrupted even when cancelling your cast just before it, meaning it does not really matter how fast you react as long as the time is lesser than frame lenght ( and looking casually at WoW it'd expect it to be maybe 10 FPS or even less ).
    Also you cannot have addon cast anything for you, you must click it yourself, so nothing legal can be used to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    Don't forget the latency on wow servers. If somebody interrupts your cast less then 100ms in it was a lucky guess, misclick or a bot.
    Or a good player. "Lucky" guess? Some people/classes are ridiculously predictable, practice and skill removes the luck required for lightning fast interrupts 95% of the time.

"Total tries: 5
    Average: 187.9"

I'm not even that fast but if I did the test for long enough I bet I could go sub 100.

some say he can read your thoughts therough the matrix...
    some say he's a computer program made to kick you...
    we call him, THE STIG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripglider View Post
    Here's a direct copy and paste from the bot I use:

[Plugin - Interrupt] Interrupter - All Classes
    Simple plugin to interrupt other player's spellcasting.

Currently does not support chosing what to interrupt.

How exactly it works:
    1. Waiting BasicDelay when enemy starts casting,
    2. Waiting 0 to SimulatePlayerDelay,
    3. Making sure enemy is still casting and interrupts,

Settings editable with notepad, default settings in ( ) brackets:
    PlayingByHand (true) - if it should prevent HB from doing anything else than interrupting
    BasicDelay (500 ms = half sec) - interruption delay to prevent interrupting fake casts
    SimulatePlayer (true) - simulate player's reflex (using next settings or not)
    SimulatePlayerDelay (0 to 300 ms = 0 to 0,3 sec) - additional time to wait, randomly chosen between 0 and what you set in milliseconds

To make sure no spell goes through, both delays summed up should not extend (or even be too close to) fastest spell's casting time.

Theres a few of these just for the bot I use. I don't use them. Like someone posted earlier you can make a mouseover macro. Use that with something like Tidy Plates and have cast bars on and it's easy to interrupt anything. Some people are just really good. And yes, this bot gets used in arenas/BG's all the time.
    I have heard people talk about their bot programs and it is amazing what a bot can do now. Very hard to spot a good one unless you try to have a conversation w/ it. The good bots do not get reported for afk or even really noticed because they actually participate. The sad part about all of this being that I would rather have a bot on my random BG team than half of the fools I usually get. At least the bot can interrupt and some even heal.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    some say he can read your thoughts therough the matrix...
    some say he's a computer program made to kick you...
    we call him, THE STIG
    this man wins

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Or a good player. "Lucky" guess? Some people/classes are ridiculously predictable, practice and skill removes the luck required for lightning fast interrupts 95% of the time.

"Total tries: 5
    Average: 187.9"

I'm not even that fast but if I did the test for long enough I bet I could go sub 100.
    Yeah, you could get an extremely fast score by predicting when it's going to turn green on that site. Especially because there's no consequences for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I have heard people talk about their bot programs and it is amazing what a bot can do now. Very hard to spot a good one unless you try to have a conversation w/ it. The good bots do not get reported for afk or even really noticed because they actually participate. The sad part about all of this being that I would rather have a bot on my random BG team than half of the fools I usually get. At least the bot can interrupt and some even heal.
    It depends on the bot. I don't like to cheat but I do like to play WOW and just don't have the time to do the leveling/gearing process over and over. The Resto Druid I bot on is almost always the top healer in BG's. My Frost Dk is usually in the top five for killing blows/damage done. People shouldn't complain about people botting, just complain about the people that use a shitty bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there's an issue, use the resources in game to report it.

Do not insult other users.

Do not post just to complain about perceived faults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE