Deleted

Race Change and Legendary Quest

So, I wonder if someone came across the same problem as I do.

I'm halfway through the Quest where I have to gather the Seething Cinders and as you thought I want to change Races.
    Since the FAQ states that I'll lose all Quest Items and Quests I wonder if I will lose all of the Cinders and if I can accept the Quest again?

I already tried contacting a GM but they couldn't give me a 100% definite answer, so I hope someone tried it already and could give me a reply.

Thanks for help.

Deleted
    In my previous experiences of race changing I haven't lost my quests or quest items.

But if you faction change you lose them though.

I'm not 100% sure of this but you do lose quests / quest items if you change race.
    Just put it off untill you get the staff because starting from scratch would merely be a setback (c what i did tharr?).
    Still waiting for competitive PvP to not be a trainwreck...

I race changed one of my characters last week. I can confirm that you lose all quests and quest items. I'd say to put it off till you've done the questchain.

So you read the answer on faq and now you need confirmation... from people who have the exact same sources as information as you.

Deleted
    I can confirm that if you FACTION CHANGE you lose the quest BUT KEEP the Sinders. I was on 210 Cinders pre change an still got them in inventory after faction change so I only had to accept the quest once more

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done race changes in the past and I have lost quest items, one that comes to mind is Dartol's Rod of Transformation. But I just petitioned a GM and they were able to restore it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    im on the cinders as well, and i race changed last week. you do lose the quest from your quest log, but you dont lose the cinders you've already collected. those will still be in your bag. all you gotta do is go back to Coldarra and pick up the quest again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    So you read the answer on faq and now you need confirmation... from people who have the exact same sources as information as you.
    Well as you see I got my answer from people who changed already, and that's just what I asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by simsimma88 View Post
    im on the cinders as well, and i race changed last week. you do lose the quest from your quest log, but you dont lose the cinders you've already collected. those will still be in your bag. all you gotta do is go back to Coldarra and pick up the quest again
    Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear, guess I can change without having to worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think an in faction race change will ruin it

a faction change might.

Deleted
    no, he's asking for info from people who have already done it, which he doesn't have access to himself because he hasn't done it yet obviously...
    think before you blurt out random drivle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roitto View Post
    In my previous experiences of race changing I haven't lost my quests or quest items.

This. You keep your quest long and the like if you only change your race, but remain Alliance/Horde as applicable, but if you change factions your quest log will be wiped and you will lose most if not all of your quest items.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roitto View Post

I lost my horde wolf from Argent tourny when I went from undead to goblin. I got the Crusader title, but I had to re buy it.