Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mushroom Circle in Tirisfal Glades

Found this on YouTube today and want to share it.
    I've never known before that there is such a little event. Just was there one or two times just for fun.
    But, watch yourself Hope you like it.

Greets

And I hope it is no repost, never seen it here. If it is, Iam sorry.
    Last edited by Feluna; 2011-08-21 at 03:57 PM.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Deleted
    Wow, great find! How often does this happen?

Deleted
    there was a thread about this a few weeks back, had quite a good discussion going, but im never gonna find it again.

Every six hours. I wonder if this is just another fun exploration thing like the goblin resort at the steam pools.

This is the mob: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=51963
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I've been there once, it would appear it happens about every 6th hour. On my server (Draenor) I waited from 12 PM till around 2:45 AM before the event started, I assume it's the same for all servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there's a long-standing fan theory that that section of the world was where the exiled Highborne first landed on what is currently the Eastern Kingdoms, and something beneath the earth drove a number of them mad before they packed up and headed for Quel'Thalas. The Whispering Forest's name, and the various anomalies like the mushroom ring and the Fey-Drunk sprites/darters (Unsure which they are exactly), and the diseased animals there, all suggest that this is where the Highborne first landed, and the whispers in question are speculated to be because there is an Old God under the Forest.

I'm not sure if this made it past Beta, because I haven't taken my flying mount up towards Tirisfal yet, but there was at one point a building using a Scarlet Crusade chapel model in what was one of the unfinished areas pre-Shattering, which also resided in Tirisfal, and was speculated to be where the Council of Tirisfal once met. Anyone who can confirm if that's live and reachable?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    google Fairy Ring if you havent already. Not much to do with wow but the wiki page for it is pretty interesting.
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

Deleted
    There was a ring like this in the old Sierra game Quest for Glory, maybe it is also a reference.

youtu.be/lOzYbi-5HBk

Deleted
    That was a great find. Wow has many of those 'secret' (more like out of the way) places, like the creepy catacombs. Does anyone happen to have a list?

10+ Year Old Account
    There've been threads before, but it's a secret that usually slips by a lot of people. It's been steadily changing ever since cataclysm started, and what exactly is going on there hasn't been revealed yet.

Deleted
    I was there and waited (hours^^) until this happened. I know, it's wierd but... well, I absolutely wanted to see it. XD

In Twilight of the Aspects the Green Dragon, that Thrall meets at Dreamer's Rest says the fairie dragons are guardians of the Dream, so my guess is, that this is indeed the place where the Old God lies, that drove the Highborn (later Highelves) mad and the dragons are creating some kind of secure "backdoor" to be able to better fight it through the dream.

Or they create some kind of barrier there to prevent the Old God from spreading his corruption even more.
    To my opinion, Sylvanas is at the moment suffering from "Whisperings" and that is why the Forsaken at the Tower in the Eastern Plaguelands says, she's become wierd and does not seem like herself anymore. So these dragons could be doing something to lessen that influence on Sylvanas, because it would of youse be devastating if Sylvanas fell indeed under the influence of an Old God completely.

These are my guesses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There've been threads before, but it's a secret that usually slips by a lot of people. It's been steadily changing ever since cataclysm started, and what exactly is going on there hasn't been revealed yet.
    what do u mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    There weren't always dancing fairy dragons there.

Why did it give me the idea that Deathwing would end up being killed much the same way as Archimonde? With these Darters replacing the Wisps

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Ahh good old Trokair

He posted this exact video on MMOwned/Ownedcore this afternoon, really nice video of this damn weird event!

10+ Year Old Account
    i've seen the event myself. It's very pretty. I wonder what they do with this.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Read up about fairy circles, apparently European folklore says faeries, or Elves dance around these circles nude or semi-nude in celebration of some sort. Could be possible that once Highborne landed on the shores of the Eastern Kingdoms they where happy being in a new land and started dancing around naked. Just a theory supported by the myths of it's real life counterpart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouled View Post
    Read up about fairy circles, apparently European folklore says faeries, or Elves dance around these circles nude or semi-nude in celebration of some sort. Could be possible that once Highborne landed on the shores of the Eastern Kingdoms they where happy being in a new land and started dancing around naked. Just a theory supported by the myths of it's real life counterpart.
    I think that usually Blizz translates the "real world myths" somehow into WoW lore and to me this would be the fairie dragons. I just can't imagine the Highborn dancing around naked like mad...
    ... well, but then we would know, why they classified themselves as mad at least ^^

There were mushroom/faerie rings like this in ultima online too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Well, there's a long-standing fan theory that that section of the world was where the exiled Highborne first landed on what is currently the Eastern Kingdoms, and something beneath the earth drove a number of them mad before they packed up and headed for Quel'Thalas. The Whispering Forest's name, and the various anomalies like the mushroom ring and the Fey-Drunk sprites/darters (Unsure which they are exactly), and the diseased animals there, all suggest that this is where the Highborne first landed, and the whispers in question are speculated to be because there is an Old God under the Forest.

I'm not sure if this made it past Beta, because I haven't taken my flying mount up towards Tirisfal yet, but there was at one point a building using a Scarlet Crusade chapel model in what was one of the unfinished areas pre-Shattering, which also resided in Tirisfal, and was speculated to be where the Council of Tirisfal once met. Anyone who can confirm if that's live and reachable?
    I thought those Faerie Dragons were forgotten and that that is the spot Malfurion contacted the forest spirits to find out what Illidan was doing in Lordaeron

So the Dragons gathered there when all Night Elf forces went home for Kalimdor because of a familiar face having been there and the place being verywell hidden from any outsiders.