Tier six inspired set

Good evening,

with the introduction of Transmogrification in patch 4.3, I want my little paladin to wear the most awesome paladin set of all times, which is of course tier six (In my opinion! Don't punch me!). And I wish her to also have the most fitting cloak, weapon and shield. But since I was not playing at the end of TBC, I don't know what kind of weapons were protection paladins using at that time, and what kind of weapons were available and well-matching the set.

I've done some research on my own, and I have few candidates already. I'm thinking of using as much parts of tier six as possible (of course), probably Sunward Crest as a shield, and… well, not sure about weapon or cloak (yes, I want cloak – the longer, the better). I'm also having problems with belt and boots: due to my OCD, I love all pre-defined sets and everything, so my brain would love to use all eight parts of T6 – but I have to admit that Pearl Inlaid Boots and Girdle of Hope look pretty damn well – my lack of artistic feeling, however, does not allow me to decide if it looks much better than T6 or not. What are your thoughts?

Soo, yes – I'd like to ask you all for suggestions on which weapon, shield and cloak to use, and how do you feel about the boots and belt. Cheers for any suggestions in advance!
    “There is no dark side of the Moon really… as a matter of fact it's all dark.”

what kind of weapons were protection paladins using at that time
    anything with spellpower.

the hammer of prince malch matches tier 6 paladin fairly well, that is if you can use spell power 1 handers to transmorph for tanks

or this http://www.wowhead.com/item=30108

as for a shield, http://www.wowhead.com/item=21269

further edit, cloak : http://www.wowhead.com/item=21710
    Last edited by Solarshot; 2011-08-22 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The plate off pieces that drop in BT and MH have the art that matches the rest of T6. The 3 T6 pieces in Sunwell match the art of the rest of the sunwell plate gear.

As for weapons, protadins had 2 options in the days of BT; Tempest of Chaos and Hammer of Judgement. One from Archimonde, one from MH trash. Hammer of Atonement from Kaz'rogal looks ridiculously nice with paladin T5, though it's a healer mace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Deleted
    get King's Defender , i am prot war and i liked it very much;such an epic-looking weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    Get Cape of Stormwind (Exalted with SW) - this cloak matches T6 almost perfectly, personally I wear it right now.

Deleted
    Some inspiration for weapon/shield

Paladin Tier 6 Lightbringer Armor with Sunward Crest and Quickening Blade of the Prince.

I don't know if it would suit your tastes, but you could also look into the light-colored Sunwell plate non-tier set.

Last edited by Daetur; 2011-08-22 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    The plate off pieces that drop in BT and MH have the art that matches the rest of T6. The 3 T6 pieces in Sunwell match the art of the rest of the sunwell plate gear.
    Oh, awesome, just what I needed to hear, thank you! If the off-pieces were designed to match the rest of T6, then I will absolutely use them. Thank you! Will check the weapons, too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Stasher View Post
    Get Cape of Stormwind (Exalted with SW) - this cloak matches T6 almost perfectly, personally I wear it right now.
    I might have forgotten to mention that my dearest pally is blood elf :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Some inspiration for weapon/shield
    Do you have list of all the items used? And if so, could I have it, please? It looks gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I don't know if it would suit your tastes, but you could also look into the light-colored Sunwell plate non-tier set.
    I've never seen that one before! Looks amazing, except of the helmet maybe. Will try to find out what items are used there!
    “There is no dark side of the Moon really… as a matter of fact it's all dark.”