Thread: Disc Problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heal 10 man raids as discipline, usually with a druid and pally. I find I excel when there is a lot of raid-wide damage to heal, especially if it is predictable, because I do prayer of healing on each group before the damage hits to put divine aegis on each person, then do another on each group to help them heal from it after the damage hits. This allow me to keep things stable while the druids' hots have a chance to tick and our pally keeps the tanks up. A great example of this during Ragnaros in the first stage when we pop the traps or Major domo with the flame scythe. When possible get 5 smites in and pop your wings before the dmg is expected as well. I also keep PW:Shield and renew on tanks and prayer of mending on cooldown (to keep my 2 piece bonus proc up).

Here are links to our (first) Ragnaros kill: worldoflogs.com/reports/h2qtr8v56glj4cjb/sum/healingDone
    And a clear of the first six bosses in firelands last week: worldoflogs.com/reports/uzw217ytrhgwisz3/sum/healingDone

*it won't let me post links

World of Logs reports the 4 piece bonus as healing done by a pet "Cauterizing Flame," which was 8% of my total healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyashley View Post
    That'd... be interesting. The combat log clearly shows how much a shield absorbs:
    Code:
    7/25 19:35:11.986  SPELL_MISSED,0xF130CD2C000034C9,"ATTACKER",0xa48,0x0,0x0300000002442F1A,"TARGET",0x512,0x0,98471,"ATTACK NAME",0x4,ABSORB,13606
    I.e. in the above case a straight 13,606 damage absorbed. No guesses there.

It also shows how much, if any, the shield absorbed when it fell off:

Code:
    7/25 19:35:14.031  SPELL_AURA_REMOVED,0x0300000002F3CE1D,"CASTER ORIGIN",0x514,0x0,0x0300000000DB98A4,"TARGET",0x512,0x4,17,"Power Word: Shield",0x2,BUFF,15992,0,0
    15,992 absorbed by the shield when it was removed.

It's very easy for addons to keep track of these numbers, even if they're not 100% in real time until the fight ends and a catch-up has been done (Skada/recount will still update after combat ends for this reason).
    Unfortunately Skada isn't that clever. When an absorb aura is applied it just logs that a caster has an aura on the target. When the target absorbs damage someone with an aura on the target gets credited (skada is not fussy about which, I think the last applied aura tends to be favoured) with the absorb amount from the damage event.
    This has the effect of miscrediting absorbs in general - it can be very noticeable for paladins; they put a small absorb on the target and get credited with a huge absorb because they picked up a bunch of absorbs from other healers. It also caused the hilarious absorb numbers on chim back in bwd - you'd routinely see skada reporting disc priests and paladins with 100k+ hps.

WoL doesn't seem to suffer from the same problem - I'd guess they track the actual absorb values for each caster and so can credit absorbs correctly.
    Last edited by mmoca983f76f3c; 2011-08-24 at 01:44 AM.

Jantasir asked the important question. Are you including your PW:S? If you add your healing with your absorbs they should add up to what you are really doing. Most people tend to forget the disc priests were designed to prevent damage before it happens.

Reports aren't important so much if you are killing bosses anyways
    Truth however meters mean nothing aslong as your doing work and your partners arent feeling stressed from lack of your assistance.