Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming.
    So this whole update is one huge troll right? Cuz there is no way that this can be serious.

New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming
    what.
    Blizzard did a lot to save time while getting Cataclysm finished
    What for, exactly?

'meaningful difference" is the enigma of the week. I need more!

"New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming."
    Geez. Might as well have the game play by itself.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2011-08-23 at 03:59 AM.

I knew it! Deathwing is going to be a multi-encounter boss! And you're going to be fighting on his back at one stage! I predicted these things before Cata launch. And I'm very pleased with it too. Still a shame we're not getting a nice big raid, but ah well. I still enjoyed this expansion a lot, and let's hope the next expansion is just as good (or better).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Wasn't Ulduar like the largest raid in wow though? I mean the place is massive. I remember when it launched it took us 20-30 minutes to get to Flame Leviathan. I can't imagine a raid being bigger, but yeah, hopefully as epic!
    Sarcasm noted.

Gonna chime in on that timeline thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if said "meaningful difference" allowed them to go through and fix up some of the still-broken parts of Cata. Most notable I can think of off the top of my head are finishing construction of Orgrimmar and putting out that damn fire on top of Stormwind's gate from Deathwing (that is some fire, lemme tell ya). Or maybe they'll just leave it like that for the hell of it, I dunno.

Each expansion has pushed the timeline in WoW forward about one year or so (there's not a very concrete timeline out there, but pieced together, Classic took place 4 years after WCIII, BC 5, WotLK 6, Cata 7). A "meaningful difference" would have to be quite a bit longer than that. I doubt it'll mean a revamped Outland (especially since they just revamped a major portion of the game in Cata), but it wouldn't hurt. Still, we'd need a new storyline reason for going to Outland, and by extension Northrend, to justify a remake.

As for the rest, sweet. Sad to see no class quests are planned. I feel like those would allow you greater connection to your character, giving you a bit of understanding as to why a shaman is a shaman, or a paladin a paladin, or a rogue a jerkface (I keed). And I hope mount customization becomes a reality. I'm already curious as to how creative people are going to be with their transmogrification; doing the same to mounts would let you get even more so!

Blizzcon, why are you so far awaaay. D:

Bloodelf art is amazing. I wish I had talent like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming.
    LOL. The first 30minutes of the game? I think Blizzard at this point should make each character have a "friend" that literally holds your hands and trains your spells AND walks you to your quest objective.

Bring back zombie invasion! the only world event in wow that ROCKED!

Quote Originally Posted by Vengfulr3ap3r View Post
    Bloodelf art is amazing. I wish I had talent like that.
    I have to agree on that :) I love the fan art that comes up on MMO-Champ forums occasionally though, i usually end up changing my desktop background when a nice one like this one catches my eye <3~

Quote Originally Posted by Dblbaconator View Post
    Gonna chime in on that timeline thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if said "meaningful difference" allowed them to go through and fix up some of the still-broken parts of Cata. Most notable I can think of off the top of my head are finishing construction of Orgrimmar and putting out that damn fire on top of Stormwind's gate from Deathwing (that is some fire, lemme tell ya). Or maybe they'll just leave it like that for the hell of it, I dunno.

Each expansion has pushed the timeline in WoW forward about one year or so (there's not a very concrete timeline out there, but pieced together, Classic took place 4 years after WCIII, BC 5, WotLK 6, Cata 7). A "meaningful difference" would have to be quite a bit longer than that. I doubt it'll mean a revamped Outland (especially since they just revamped a major portion of the game in Cata), but it wouldn't hurt. Still, we'd need a new storyline reason for going to Outland, and by extension Northrend, to justify a remake.

As for the rest, sweet. Sad to see no class quests are planned. I feel like those would allow you greater connection to your character, giving you a bit of understanding as to why a shaman is a shaman, or a paladin a paladin, or a rogue a jerkface (I keed). And I hope mount customization becomes a reality. I'm already curious as to how creative people are going to be with their transmogrification; doing the same to mounts would let you get even more so!

Blizzcon, why are you so far awaaay. D:
    A meaningful difference compared to other expansions doesn't necessarily mean a push forward. If the next expansion starts the moment Deathwing dies, I call that meaningful.

10+ Year Old Account
    "RealID LFD grouping was originally going to be paid because of the similarity to Paid Character Transfers, but they decided it was the right thing for the game to offer it for free." I LOVE YOU NOW BLIZZ.

Deleted
    "Class Quests are unlikely to return due to the amount of time it takes to design and implement them."

Lazy, IMO. Class quests would have been a good addition. So would the fabled Path of the Titans. It's a shame that Blizzard are making the game so linear.

I was thinking that maybe as part of that "meaningful time difference" we will see updated pre-bc player models. After all, for many people, it has been years and years of their character growing (changing) in game. I hope that is part of the meaningful difference they are talking about, because it is way overdue.

I just hope we don't have to see 80 million MORE flight paths in the old areas next expansion. Bad enough that the second you level into the next zones the flight paths are there by default. How much hand holding do newer players need?

I went ahead and clarified that they are talking about a release timeline, not in game timeline.

Really? I started playing 6 years ago when there was zero hand holding and I got by fine. Are new gamers really devolving into retards that much?

Quote Originally Posted by episode36 View Post
    I was thinking that maybe as part of that "meaningful time difference" we will see updated pre-bc player models. After all, for many people, it has been years and years of their character growing (changing) in game. I hope that is part of the meaningful difference they are talking about, because it is way overdue.
    Wait what? You want us to look old?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokzum View Post
    Wait what? You want us to look old?
    No, lol. But I'm just saying all the time that has passed would be a good excuse to update the player models and that would definitely be a meaningful change. I mean I dunno if you were just joking or what though :P