Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    targets might mean the end result. and if not. does the mailing of the heirlooms, the new gear and all the necesary gold worth it: you could get halfway to 85 buy the time you do all that shitMists of Pandaria? doesn't sound like emerald dream to me

Deleted
    really nice art work!!

Deleted

Patch 4.3, My thoughts.

Forgive me anyone who disagrees with this statement, but I, and my friends, are dissapointed with patch 4.3. Upon first reading about it, the patch seems like something that is well overdew, and its about damn time. Transmogrification, bad name, but what people have been waiting for for ages, 5 man instances leading up to a raid, nice, and this raid is in War of the Ancients? Awesome! Hell, they even added Darkmoon island which its about time for an update on Darkmoon too.
    However on further inspection, some of these changes don't sound so good to the point of thinking, WTF were you doing Blizzard? Firstly, I'd like to talk about Transmogrification. Players have been asking for this for a while now, and some think that it should have been implemented at the beginning of Burning Crusade. But when it comes round to it, have Blizzard really done a good job adding it into the game? It is understandable have a price to pay for starting up a void storage, (Which is not the same thing as transmogrification, but they do work together), even if it is a bit much. Players are willing to pay 1000g for it. However, even though its not set in stone, even putting out pictures of 100g per piece of gear in the storage is frankly, insane. What kind of a reaction did they think they'd get from that? That would be 1300g for 1 set (Excluding trinkets and rings). Though people would pay the 1000g to start it up, would they be willing to pay 1300g for 1 set? If somebody wanted to collected all their Tiers, up to T13...? That is a whopping 16900g?? And then what if they also wanted to get Their seasons, that currently being up to S10? Thats another 13000g! That makes a total of 29900g! I, and probably many gear horders, would prefer to get the vial of the sands in alchemy for that much rather than these sets of overpriced gear! Thats for the gear that people like the best, and of course, they will be bringing out more Seasons and Tiers! The standard idea of the actual transmogrification to another piece such as with reforging isn't such a bad idea, as long as its not to expensive. However, they cannot, they just cannot allow use of Season gear in arena. That would be a major blow to players trying to work out what kind of skill level the person has. Sure you can check the health, but they might be stacking stamina. You can't tell whether they're geared in S10, S9, or if you have it on, S2! Please Blizzard, listen to the people, hear what they say!
    Secondly, I would like to talk about the raid. I know I, for one, will be glad of another Caverns of Time raid, that it has been talked about it being. However, a raid on Deathwing? WHAT? But were only on patch 4.3? Makes no sense. Deathwing is the thing this entire expansion revolves around, and one of the only ways I can think that you would fight deathwing, is that it is not the true him, such as with kael'thas. In fact, another reason is that possibly you are helping in the battle with the War of the Ancients, but still deathwing is not destroyed. However, if Deathwing is killed in this patch? 7 Patches left in this expansion without the thing this expansion revolves around? Blizzard must have thought this out though, they wouldn't kill of this aspect of death for no reason.
    However, if it is just a way to speed up the time till the mentioned 'Mists of Pandaria' expansion, then I am disgusted. 'Mists of Pandaria' sounds interesting, but nothing like this expansion. I have enjoyed this with its dragons and elementals, and it has to be my favorite, just over burning crusade.
    They have also been talking about coming out with this new 'Darkmoon Island'? Sounds interesting, but really blizzard? Do you really think this is the best way to spend your time? I expect however this will be the new 'World event' in the next patch. But this is not the best way to spend your time, and it would probably be better thinking up other patches in-between the Deathwing fight and now. Some raids would be nice, possibly with the return of outlandish characters after the transmogrifiers have come along. Velen is starting to get lonely in Exodar .
    To top it all off though... Blizzard... Why... Just... Why... In the next patch they have been talking of adding 'Raid Finder' to the game. In my opinion, this is going up there with one of the worst ideas they have ever come up with. Really Blizzard, Really? For those who are thinking in this current point of time, whats he Nerd Raging about, think of this. You sign up for a raid, fully geared, however you guild aren't raiding right now. You know the tactics and all, and you enter. There are maybe 4 other people that know what their doing, and the rest have no clue. You explain the tactics to them, and about only 2 of them listen. the other 3 fuck the raid up in the obvious and possible ways. Thats not it though. You would get people wanting to leave all the time. You know when you get into a random dungeon and you get one guy go 'Sorry guys, gtg', (Usually with sorry), and just leaves? Well for a 10 man thats X2 people. And for a 25 thats X5. Either because its there least favorite raid, or they actually have to go, this creates a black hole in the raid which people get sucked into and leave. And of course, a lot of people don't have the gear, and its going to be the less geared people who join, not the ones who are in a hardcore raiding guild. So your going to have a group of people who are undergeared, and guarateed to have one guy who has no idea what he's doing. Perfect in the current Cataclysm climate.
    Thats not the only problem with the Raid Finder. When the instituted the 'Instance Finder', I think part of the game died. People liked to do instances together, and some still do, but you hardly ever see someone advertising in trade for it. Random people joining for instances would have nothing to lose, apart from a deserter buff that hardly ever works, by leaving the dungeon. People before the 'Instance Finder' were closer together, as they had to stick together to take down a boss. Gear was much more difficult to get. Friendships were made through dungeons. Far less trolls existed behind their 2 walls of protection, those being being on another server, and being behind a computer. With the 'Raid Finder', another part of the game is going to die, and were losing people who advertise for it in trade.
    All in all I think the results for patch 4.3 have been somewhat dissapointing. Blizzard is currently on the tightrope of gaming, other games bursting up from the ashes. It needs to be more careful on what its doing, and remember what it is. An MMORPG, where people can make friends, be social, and be close. Not just Gaming. Just Gaming is for RPG's. Do you really want to institute an RPG Blizzard, where the other people in the RPG, which may as well be NPC's, sometimes fail?
    If you read down to this point in this page, thanks for reading, and sorry about the rant. Just wanted to get some things clear.

- GamerArmerus

The nerve

The nerve of a "buisness" to do things to make more money. How dare they. I'd say it's about time to go outside and get some fresh air and perhaps some exercise, because if you care sooo much about this game, that every change that is made to increase their client base makes you QQ, then you should probably reevaluate whats important to you.
    Last edited by Topflite; 2011-08-26 at 04:59 PM.