Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you be in for a two hander rogue spec?

I don't mean to change a spec gameplay wise but to change the weapon it uses, it will add some visual variety.

Back in the previous expansions people wanted to Mutilate with other weapons than daggers.

I personally see no reason why not?
    (the only problem would probably be balancing issues, because two sword/daggers would be probably superior to one 2-handed weapon... And rogues would become huntards, who are going to steal every weapon from the raid)

Besides thematic issues the main problem you would run into is poison applictions. 2 weapons applying it vs 1. I guess they could find a way to scale it so it's equivalent

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Besides thematic issues the main problem you would run into is poison applictions. 2 weapons applying it vs 1. I guess they could find a way to scale it so it's equivalent
    They can apply a formula to make it equal to 2 1Handers, If I remenber correctly back when fury warriors could use 2 1 handers they had a talent to the damage was the same as with 2 2 handers.

Thematicly I'm thinking something like this:

Last edited by kraid; 2018-01-24 at 04:53 PM.

I think a rogue with a staff and bow would be cool. Stealthed hard strikes followed up by evasive maneuvers back out to fire off shots.
    EVGA GTX 970 4GB SC | i5-4690K Quad-Core @4.5GHz CPU
    Ripjaws 16GB 1866 (4x4GB) RAM | H80i Liquid Cooling System
    Corsair RM 750W G+ Fully Modular PSU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Motherboard
    Cobra Series R Gaming Keyboard | Razer Deathadder Chroma Gaming Mouse
    Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD | Seagate 7200 RPM 2TB HDD
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor | Enermax OSTROGG GT Mid Tower

I would prefer a rogue with a bow .. been sneaky and just killing people silently, a two-hander in my view seems a bit too loud

I wouldn’t say two hander but outlaw should have gotten a different combat stance for only one sword as they have the pistol mix into there game play all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    They can apply a formula to make it equal to 2 1Handers, If I remenber correctly back when fury warriors could use 2 1 handers they had a talent to the damage was the same as with 2 2 handers.

Thematicly I'm thinking something like this:

The fury change you are talking about was never balanced. One always ended up better than the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I wouldn’t say two hander but outlaw should have gotten a different combat stance for only one sword as they have the pistol mix into there game play all the time.
    1 sword + pistol would have been really interesting IMO.
    I'm not a defender of Blizzard, I'm an opponent of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Something like would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The fury change you are talking about was never balanced. One always ended up better than the other.

- - - Updated - - -

1 sword + pistol would have been really interesting IMO.
    Oh, I didn't know it was never balanced, damn.
    also I too think the stance for outlaw should have been sword in hand and pistol in the other.

Herald of the Titans Dellis0991's Avatar
    Nothing screams more quiet like a rogue with a 2 handed sword...
    This scene is not gay. This goes back to an era when men were men and farm animals were nervous. -Midnight rider, after watching Deliverance (pig squeal scene)

If they ever do a 4th spec for each class I would say a Ninja style spec would fit with a 2 hander, the ability to vanish and leave a dummy behind as a fake target and then pop out of the shadows with a katana and BAM!
    “If you don't believe me that is too damn bad!”

I'm getting Dark Age of Camelot flashbacks.
    But sadly, Shadowblades were the worst stealthers.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman
    winning
    "A stick is a love letter that hasn't been made into paper yet."
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If they ever do a 4th spec for each class I would say a Ninja style spec would fit with a 2 hander, the ability to vanish and leave a dummy behind as a fake target and then pop out of the shadows with a katana and BAM!
    Subtlety is literally the ninja spec.

On topic: Maybe not a 2handed weapon, but I'd be open to seeing a bow spec.

That would be fun.... cast backstab with a 2h spiked mace....right up the jaxie

Personally I'd rather see rogues with a possible range spec to offset hunters being the only class that can use range weapons at all, but hey I don't make the game or the call on what weapons which class/spec uses. So yeah, I'm all over it.

Some variety in weapon visuals would definitely pull me towards the Rogue class - especially implementing a proper sword/pistol stance for Outlaw.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Something like would be cool.
    More or less, no idea why they made outlaw duel wield looks like crap.

2 handed katana with special melee animations? sure

any 2 hander? no

Only if they added chains as a new weapon type, or MAYBE allowing them to use polearms. A rogue with a 2h axe or sword just would not look right...