Haste Plat - How much to sacrifice to hit it?

I am currently over the 2589 haste plat, but will be upgrading to the t12 vp ring today, and will lose the haste plat. My question, in general, is what is the general consensus on how many stats to sacrifice to keep it? For example, I could keep it by dropping DMC:Vol and equipping both Firelands rep trinks (with stats reforged to haste)...or gemming for slot bonuses instead of stacking brilliant infernos (just a few examples, not that I would more than likely take those routes).

Honestly, I'm just looking for opinions out there in the shadow world on a 'general rule' (idk...maybe if lose less than 50 int, etc)...I understand I could go sim every combination in the world but....

Thank you in advance!

ps- i have all other vp upgrades other than the ring...so gear will not be a help other than drops of course. Although, I should have the 378 staff next week, which will help alot (phase1 legendary).

Deleted
    I finally upgraded to 4t12 which meant I had to go from Alys legs -> t12 legs, hence losing quite a bit of HST. But the decision is different depending on who you ask, some say 40 int is max to sacrifice for 2589 while some say more is fine. In my case as with 4t12 + 2589 I guess I can sacrifice quite a bit more since 4t12 is awesome.

TL;DR; No numbers, it all depends.

You can probably find some info here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Haste-Mastery.

Do you have a warlock in the raid?
    If so, you can sacrifice quite alot of haste as long as you're still above the cap with DI. (With a warlock in the raid, you should be guaranteed a DI, otherwise, boot that lock from the realm for being slow)
    If not, I'd say not alot. I mean, if you can do it by only replacing a few gems and enchants, then do that.

Depends a lot on if you can count on a warlock to give you DI or not, as that changes the haste you need to reach by a pretty large amount.

If you don't, you can definitely regem from pure int to going for int/haste + socket bonuses, but I would not go much past that, as then you start to lose a lot more than you'd gain from the increase in casting time.