Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right when I was going to go to bed, I look up the slender man.. Now I changed my mind. Weirdly enough I've seen this shit before on the net somewhere, A LONG time ago. Fucking creepy. I'm thirsty, and want to go to the kitchen, but afraid I'll look out the window and see him.. fml.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Haven't really had anything like this happen ... Occasionally I'll go to bed int he early hours of the morning on weekends and turn off the TV, only to start walking up the stairs to have the TV turn back on, but it's only cause I didn't hit the button hard enough ... Although, I think I did cause the screen turned off ... then few seconds later comes back on ... Also, what is the scary comic thing linked on the first page? It's not that everything-is-fine-randy-dandy then exorcist face comes up with the scream, is it? If so, FUUUUUUU! That's the first movie I saw to genuinely scare the living shit out of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Once I found myself completely unable to move while lying on bed. I tried as hard as I could but I couldn't get up or move my limbs or even my head. And that was the "uncreepy" bit. There was also a doll like figure standing next to my bed and it was watching me. Eventually I was able to get up in a burst of determination. I then grabbed the thing (whatever it was) and tossed it out from the balcony.

I was sweating like hell after the ordeal so I went to take a drink of water and left the almost empty glass of water in the center of the dinner table, and then went back to bed. When I woke up in the morning, the glass was on the table. Did I just dream up the whole thing except the sip of water? Because I don't remember going to take a sip of water in the night just like that, I distinctively remember taking it after the ordeal and that's why I placed it on the center of the table so I would be able to tell it wasn't a dream. But was it? I honestly don't know.
    Sounds like sleep paralysis. Search for it on Wikipedia.

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it.
    Last edited by olioster; 2011-08-24 at 10:10 AM.

This just happened literally two weeks ago.

I live in Saint Louis Missouri, I was helping my friends move in to their Fraternity house in Springfield Missouri, 3 and a half hours from my house.

So, from time to time, there has been "Springfield lights." Where people see lights go across the skies over the city. I mean, I am a firm believer of other life in the universe, but I didn't think really think of anything besides paranormal activities in dorms and apartments, considering it was a very racist town in the 1930s and 40s.

So, we were sitting outside the deck of their Frat house, not drinking or anything, we just got down smoking Hookah, enjoying our night. We were ABOUT to go out, it was the perseid meteor shower, so we were going to drive a few hours away from town to a dark dark area to see them clearly. So, sitting on the deck, its a bright town, so you can see some stars in the sky..

During this time of year Arcturus is the brightest star in the sky most of the night in our hemisphere. So, it was just over these apartments next to the house. I was looking at Arcturus, as we were about to get up and go drink that night, I see a VERY bright object in the sky, several thousand feet in the air.

Instinctively, I thought it would be a satellite, it was abnormally bright, they usually catch the suns light, and be very luminous for a short time. But it was still bright... amost 6 times brighter than arcturus actually.. It started flying over head, and we were expecting it to curve with the earth, until... It never got dim.

I knew what it was, and blurted out load to the kids going on that night, people were walking in the streets, and I ran down to the streets yelling ITS A FUCKING UFO! People stopped, and ran to see what I was looking at, the object never curved back with the earth. Everyone saw it, I even saw their cute fucking neighbor walk outside, I grabbed her attention, we were all stunned to see it dim as it looked like it was leaving the atmosphere.. It was not going slow either, as it flew over, we saw a plane, which has flashing lights, this never flashed at all, it was darting past planes, a plane flew past it, going so much slower than what it was traveling at. There were probably 10 people in the street with me, blown away by what we saw.. An object flying over, and leaving the atmosphere..

Deleted
    I think some of you occasionally enjoy drugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Outside my window last night, around 1 A.M., there was a whole lot of mist and fog, so much that you could barely see in front of you. It had never been like this before. Then around 1:30 A.M. there was this extremely eerie glowing white light coming from the mist and something told me not to go closer and not to open my window, it felt like some strange presence was warning me not to get close.
    Personally, I think there is nothing unexplainable going on here. You were probably surprised by the mist, and having seen too many scary movies your mind made up some scary stuff. Then your self-defense mechanism told you not to proceed.

At least, that is one way to look at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Mine happened when I was at camp when I was about 16. It was about 15 minutes after lights out and we were all laying in our beds, most of us asleep. I was just sitting there staring at the wall on the other side of the room when I saw a shadow move down the wall and towards my bed. I figured it was just my mind playing tricks on me like it does in the dark sometimes. Then I noticed the shadow move onto the railing of my bed and under my blanket. I was thinking in my head something along the lines of, 'nahhh.' Then I watched the shadow move under my blanket, causing my blanket to rise off of me around its body. At this point I was blinking really hard, like they do in the movies, staring at this weightless basketball sized object on top of my stomach. At this point I decided to act like I was stretching (I guess I didn't want to acknowledge it) and arched my back to see if my stomach was still touching my blanket to test if I was just seeing things. When I lifted my stomach up I was shocked by this deep numbing static feeling (very different than goosebumps or the chills) on my front and it scared the shit out of me. I ruffled my blanket off of me and started crying and shaking.

After I remembered I was in a room full of people and had calmed down a bit I remember telling myself that what I experienced was absolutely real and to not let myself one day throw what I experienced aside as that one time I scared myself. Now I'm not sure what to think of it. I just find it strange that I remember my past self so poignantly telling me not to brush it off.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmybob117 View Post
    Holy shit that scared me.

I hate you
    I was scrolling down like "Yeah I'm in control of scrolling down the pictures! How could I get scared I can go as slowly as I want... Then HOLY F***ing S*** OH MY GOD IM GOING TO DIE" I probably jumped a good two inches. I am shaking right now, its been 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...20&weekday=tue

You don't need to be able to read it to get the effect from it, trust me.
    I got really scared.

Deleted
    Well, apparently my mother is a witch.

No, but she can sense things before they happen. She has been right about a lot of things, but I can't remember most of those stories.
    Only story I can really remember is when my parents were young, and I wasn't even born, my dad was going to get my mom a drink from a vending machine in some local shop. But my mom specifically told my dad not to go one specific store, because she 'knew' their machine wasn't going to work. My dad naturally didn't believe this nonsense and just went to that store and tried to get the drink. And what do you know? He inserted the money and nothing came out.

My mom has predicted a lot of things over the years, but I really can't remember them all too well. My dad swears she is a witch though, haha.

Another weird thing happened when my mom was shopping somewhere and when some local shopkeeper touched her hand and felt some pain in one finger and asked my mom what was wrong with it. My mom didn't understand her because nothing was wrong with her finger, and nothing had happened to it before. A few days or weeks later my mom broke her finger. What are the odds?

Deleted
    I have one very short.

I was at home alone beacuse my parents were on visit at my grand parents. Everywhere in house was lights switched off except my room. So it was around 1 a.m. when from unexplainable reasons lights in kitchen, corridor and stairs turn on ! I sat like a freezed for couple of minutes when i decided to go there check it... i went very vigorously from my room and yells "who is there!? Is anybody there!?" But nobody was there, all windows were closed and doors were locked.

I feel creepy just now when i am remembering it.

Sorry of my english
    Last edited by mmoc736d65cafd; 2011-08-24 at 11:48 AM.

i got one

about a year or two ago when i was at uni i was working on a documentary film about ghosts around where i live.
    it was just for a bit of fun we didn't expect to find anything but it was cool.

anyway we went to an abandoned power station where several people had commited suicide to see what we could find.
    the power station was built in the 1940s and had been abandoned for about 20 years or so.
    it is 3 factory floors high and used to have a centeral staircase that went right to the top floor hence the suicides.

anyway the filming was good, we got some great footage and even had a few "close" encounters haha but it was probably just nerves.
    I got home at 2am and after checking my auctions i went to bed around 3am so my GF was fast asleep.
    i climbed into bed and cuddled up next to her and started drifting off when suddenly it all went down.

she woke up suddenly gasping for air as if she was being strangled, she sat bolt upright and started pointing at the end of the bed.
    i was asking her what was wrong and eventually she said there was a shape at the end of the bed.

it looked slightly darker than the rest of the room but i couldn't see any actual shape.
    she was grasping at my and almost crying for about 2 minutes until she suddenly dropped back down sobbing.
    she said it had gone but she was deffinatly awake for the whole thing...

still have no god damn idea what was happening but suffice to say i didn't sleep too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    You want scary?

How about:

There are conservative religious groups in the world that are actively seeking to destroy your human rights and their own, they are so psychotically devoted to some words that were written in a book that they are willing to forsake all human dignities to accomplish their goals. Also Al-queda is probably planning an attack or something.

The United States has more nukes, more guns, more weapons, and better trained special operatives and soldiers than any country in the world, and every 4 years it is almost taken over by people who believe dinosaurs and man walked the earth hand in hand.

Almost every country in western civilization is actively working out ways to legalize spying on their own citizens, detain suspected criminals without cause, invade private property without warrants, cause communication blackouts, and censor free speech on the last place speech is free to exist.

That the only hero, the only small glimmer of light, the only people who stand up and fight against this bullshit is a bunch of half-devoted faceless internet tough guys who think hacking electronics companies will change the world.

If you're still scared of ghosts and chupacabras past your teens than you need to seriously reexamine your life.

Well said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    i got one

about a year or two ago when i was at uni i was working on a documentary film about ghosts around where i live.
    it was just for a bit of fun we didn't expect to find anything but it was cool.

anyway we went to an abandoned power station where several people had commited suicide to see what we could find.
    the power station was built in the 1940s and had been abandoned for about 20 years or so.
    it is 3 factory floors high and used to have a centeral staircase that went right to the top floor hence the suicides.

anyway the filming was good, we got some great footage and even had a few "close" encounters haha but it was probably just nerves.
    I got home at 2am and after checking my auctions i went to bed around 3am so my GF was fast asleep.
    i climbed into bed and cuddled up next to her and started drifting off when suddenly it all went down.

she woke up suddenly gasping for air as if she was being strangled, she sat bolt upright and started pointing at the end of the bed.
    i was asking her what was wrong and eventually she said there was a shape at the end of the bed.

it looked slightly darker than the rest of the room but i couldn't see any actual shape.
    she was grasping at my and almost crying for about 2 minutes until she suddenly dropped back down sobbing.
    she said it had gone but she was deffinatly awake for the whole thing...

still have no god damn idea what was happening but suffice to say i didn't sleep too well.
    That was a nightmare and a good bit of coincidence.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I was little, like 5-7ish, I would wake up in my room in the middle of the night. I had a desk in my room so even when your eyes were used to the dark the area under the desk was still pitch black. So I would wake up and start staring at the desk for some reason, as I looked at it animals made of balckness/shadow (Hard to describe) that were like 1-2 feet long would come out of the desk and walk around my carpet. Until a train of black pigs elephants and you name it were walkign around the carpet. Though it was kind of creepy because they just made this slow walk around and around and I just watched. The second thing that I would wake up to was much scarier. It was the same age timefame as the first story. I would wake up and see my room filled with people, just walking around, almost as if at casual party or something. Though everytime one of them would walk near my face it would turn to me and put its face right up next to mine and I could see that the face was rotted and you could see the bones and so they were deceased. I would sit up and see about 3-5 of the faces as they walked around until my horror of it all kicked in and I would cower into my blankets and eventually summon up the courage to reach my hand out of the blanket in a desperate attempt to turn my lamp on, which was a few feet from my bed to I would be stretching way out to get it. Always was in horror and shaking at this point, once the lamp was on the people were gone.

I usually don't believe in ghosts or anything but after reading 10 pages of this thread at 4:50 AM and about to go to sleep its petty intense

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    You want scary?

How about:

There are conservative religious groups in the world that are actively seeking to destroy your human rights and their own, they are so psychotically devoted to some words that were written in a book that they are willing to forsake all human dignities to accomplish their goals. Also Al-queda is probably planning an attack or something.

The United States has more nukes, more guns, more weapons, and better trained special operatives and soldiers than any country in the world, and every 4 years it is almost taken over by people who believe dinosaurs and man walked the earth hand in hand.

Almost every country in western civilization is actively working out ways to legalize spying on their own citizens, detain suspected criminals without cause, invade private property without warrants, cause communication blackouts, and censor free speech on the last place speech is free to exist.

That the only hero, the only small glimmer of light, the only people who stand up and fight against this bullshit is a bunch of half-devoted faceless internet tough guys who think hacking electronics companies will change the world.

If you're still scared of ghosts and chupacabras past your teens than you need to seriously reexamine your life.
    Wisdom. I see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    At a place my mother use to work at the second floor was said to be haunted. One of the employees went up stair and took photos of the room and on some of the photos there were little round circles... I don't believe in ghosts though.

Other than that I don't think I have any good stories..

Deleted
    This one time at band camp.....whooops! Wrong section@_@

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    My dead cat huant's me, I hear her when I try and go to bed and I can hear a meow and we don't have any other cat. :/
    This reminds me of something I experienced, but had forgotten about completely.

One night as I was half asleep, I felt a cat walk past my hand so without looking I pet it. The next day I realize the door of my room is closed and there is no cat in the room. Could have been the ghost of the cat that had passed away a little while before that. Could also have been that someone in my family had opened the door, another one of my cats had entered and left, only for someone to close my door again much later.

Still, the first sounds more likely to me. I never leave my door open when I'm sleeping, and my family never leaves it open when they occasionally check up on my room while I'm sleeping.

Weird though, I had completely forgotten about this whole thing. I guess that's what you get for being a sceptic, you brush it off as nonsense faster and in the end you forget it completely and think you've dreamt it.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    I think it's hardwired into the back of all our minds to be wary and afraid of things in the dark.
    Of course it is, we are very visually oriented beings. What happens when you take away the thing we need most?
    Also, we make for an easier target for possible enemies when we can't see them.

This is basic survival instinct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    Yeeah, you know slender man is a meme right?
    He was made by some guys on some website a few years ago
    ofc but it's still some scary shit the first time you watch/read about stuff like that :P