Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Judging by the TV series Tyrion is the best, he is SO funny.

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xStandeR View Post
    Daenerys Targaryen
    Also this, in the tv series she is HAWT!

Haven't read the books, sorry for being a blasphemer! Not to sound cliche but Tyrion is definitely my favorite. Peter Dinklage's performance as him has been amazingly entertaining. I'm a pretty big fan of his little mercenary buddy Bronn too, they play off each other very well and I like his cocky attitude that he can actually back up.

Daenerys Targaryen, she has fucking dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Daenerys Targaryen, she has fucking dragons.
    I wonder if Wargs can slip into Dragons...

10+ Year Old Account
    Daenerys Targaryen (Kalisi)

I like a good, strong female character. I don't know the books but my husband has me watching the show and I am hoping they expand on her role a lot. I mean, she has a freaking dragon brood now!

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

Dany, Jon, Tyrion, and Arya in the books and on the show. And Jason Momoa's portrayal of Khal Drogo was pure awesome. A real shame he's dead.

Jamie. I hated him by the end of the first two books, but in book 4 he really started to shine. Definitely climbed up as one of my favorite characters.

I haven't been able to finish ADWD yet. I'm not an oldschool fan, I just started reading the books because of the show. I knew about them, but never read them. I'm about 1/3 of the way through, and it's just boring. Nothing has happened. Tyrion's chapters are a huge let down, same with Jon Snows. I'll finish it eventually, but it's going slower than any of the other books.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Based only off of the TV series (Tried reading the first book but just didn't get into it, going to give it another go when I go back home in a week or so) Tyrion, Arya and Jon are my favorites thus far.

Side not, every time I hear or read someone mention Kal Drogo, I think they are talking about Ka D'Argo from Farscape....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paci View Post
    Arya
    Tyrion
    Daenerys

In that order.

/seconded

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I wonder if Wargs can slip into Dragons...
    That could be an intersting idea especially if it is one of the 3 known wargs in particular

Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper. Guy was just a straight up hardcore badass, and he beat the damn Mountain but got cocky at the end. The way that fight ended still pisses me off.

oberyn martell. No one has come close to the bad assery that this man possessed for his small airtime.

Little Lannister and the youngest Stark daughter.

Haven't read it; just seen it on TV. Badass stuff.

Oberyn was a BAMF and I was disappointed with how his story ended, but it did open the door for The Sand Snakes and their revenge. Oberyn and his family backstory are what got me interested in seeing more from Darkstar. Growing up in a lesser branch of House Dayne and in the shadow of one of the greatest knights in Westeros could really warp a person and lead them to do some off the wall things and shake things up. Darkstar's interaction with the Princess comes to mind.
    Last edited by Temeluchus; 2011-08-23 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arya hands down she has the best story arc of all the chars
    Tyrion is a VERY close second, he's SO funny and such a badass.

the third one is a minor spoiler, so I'll hold my tongue for a season or two
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrion Lannister or Jon Snow

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Arya, Dany, The Hound, Barristan Selmy and Jaime.

But my favorite? Guess.

Quote Originally Posted by senshu View Post
    Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper. Guy was just a straight up hardcore badass, and he beat the damn Mountain but got cocky at the end. The way that fight ended still pisses me off.
    That's gonna be such an awesome scene to see on TV.

Naveen Andrews for the Red Viper!
    It is known.

Tyrion and Arya chapters are probably my favorite to read, but I also really just like Ser Barristan the Badass in general.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    That's gonna be such an awesome scene to see on TV.

Naveen Andrews for the Red Viper!
    It is known.

Tyrion and Arya chapters are probably my favorite to read, but I also really just like Ser Barristan the Badass in general.
    It's going to be an awful scene.

Naveen Andrews is not QUITE how I pictured Oberyn, but he might work.

I like the Jon chapters just because that's where the REAL action is; I like to see that story progress. All the rest is just intrigue to make the world a mess right as the trouble starts up north.

10+ Year Old Account
    <Spoilers aplenty>

Jaime Lannister. Utterly brilliant character; written wonderfully and brought to life amicably by Nikolaj. It's a clever sort of redemption arc that he undertakes... seeing him realize he's been pretty much a complete pawn to his sister throughout their entire "relationship," him losing his defining trait, the truth behind why he killed King "BURN THEM ALL" Aerys, etc. It's a surprisingly effective direction to take the guy who made his debut throwing a seven-year-old out of a window. Don't fall into Cat's grasp, you fool! Live on!

Obligatory mention for Theon Greyjoy and Cersei; both interesting characters in their own right. Even if one's a train-wreck (train-wreck, train-wreck, it rhymes with...) and the other's a paranoid psychopath. Tyrion is awesome too, and I quite liked Jon during/after ASOS. You should've stayed in that cave, man.

Oh, and Sandor. Isn't it curious that the brotherhood "buried" the "Hound," yet they received a new silent gravedigger (with his face masked) who matches his exact physical description at the same time? Yeah... now someone needs to tell him about "Ser Robert Strong."