Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Jaime is definitely an interesting and complex character, with a spectacular story arc so far. Ironically, he's the one you least expect to do that. He's quickly become one of my favorites. I picked Oberyn only because of his sheer level of badassery. The tale his bastard daughter tells Prince Doran about when he came to get her from her mom, who said she probably wasn't even his (near the beginning of book 4)? That's a BAMF right there.
    Last edited by senshu; 2011-08-24 at 09:43 AM. Reason: left out a d

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you die before you say her name, ser, I will hunt you through all seven hells."

Yeah, I can see where the Oberyn love comes from. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    "If you die before you say her name, ser, I will hunt you through all seven hells."

Yeah, I can see where the Oberyn love comes from. <3
    Well now you have me thinking about Jaime, who has endeared himself to readers through his almost complete 180 as well as really fleshing out and explaining his past actions. What makes picking one character so hard is that GRRM has done a great job of making some entirely likeable and believable characters, while making even more utterly despicable characters who are unfortunately even more believable.

Given his penchant for such characterizations, even of minor characters, I don't see how he can really finish the series with just 2 more books. Dance was supposed to have everyone in place for the final events to be set in motion, but to me everyone is more out of place than they were since the start of the tale. At the end of book 3 everyone was in a good place. Now, it's just a mess...which I guess is what he wants.

15+ Year Old Account
    Drogo! mm

Lord Manderly

The North remembers.

Have 3 favorites, sucks that 2 of them are dead..
    Ned Stark
    Drogo
    Tyrion.