Deleted

Shadowpriest equipp

Hey guys, im kinda new to shadow just reforged my gear a few minutes ago. Tomorrow i gotta raid as a shadow and i would like to know if i can improve in any way.
    Im curious about spirit > hit ...
    I got ~ 1900 spirit but only about 1700 hitrating, is there anything wrong with it? afaik its 1:1?
    greets Mafe

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...ganis/Mafernus
    Last edited by mmocdfa1ae7d7c; 2011-08-23 at 09:31 PM.

Here's his armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ernus/advanced

For the most part you look good. Since you are a nelf there is no real difference between hit and spirit for you, so it doesn't matter where you get the your hit rating from. You could drop a little bit of it though, that 0.09% is completely wasted and in general it is better to be slightly lower than over. Though I don't see a really good place for you to drop just a smidgen of hit/spirit so it is probably ok.

The main thing I would change though are your rings. On Crystal Prison band you should go crit to haste instead of reforging away your mastery. On Twined Band of Flowers do mastery to haste instead of crit.

Also on your shadow pec.. you'll want to take the points out of imp shield and put them either both in mental agility, or one in mental agility and the other in Inner Sanctum. Also, Psychic Horror isn't going to do anything for you in raiding so you should put that point again in either mental agility or inner sanctum.

Also, unless Armory is being retarded (and it might be) it is showing you as having healing glyphs on your shadow spec

Deleted
    Hey thank you for response =)
    Yeah totally screwed it up with the link I ment to post the armory ... sry d:
    My glyphs.... totally forgot it d: thank you.
    And im going to change the rings =)
    ty

Quote Originally Posted by Mafernus View Post
    Hey guys, im kinda new to shadow just reforged my gear a few minutes ago. Tomorrow i gotta raid as a shadow and i would like to know if i can improve in any way.
    I got ~ 1900 spirit but only about 1700 hitrating, is there anything wrong with it? afaik its 1:1?
    greets Mafe

Just to add to what Arlee said, your hit is a little over. The reason why you see 1900 spirit but aren't getting 1900 hit rating from it is because only spirit from gear counts, base spirit (from being an 85 priest) does not, unless you're human then you get the 3% bonus tacked in.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

As far as I can see, you are reforging alot and perhaps to much, consider picking up gear with more haste and less crit as you are a
    Tad low on the haste.

Deleted
    how much haste is recommended?
    with DI i reach about 31% of haste...

how much haste is recommended?
    with DI i reach about 31% of haste...
    If you get DI regularly you can start focusing on mastery more. You basically want to have 30% haste, going over isn't a huge deal but you can stack more mastery at that point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you read over kilee's guide stickied at the top of the forum too!

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Go and buy the hit haste back instead! reforge your crit on your pants to haste instead of the spirit imo!

change your meta to the DPS caster one higher crits is nice ^_^
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

Change the purple gem in your belt to a Brilliant gem. Your hit is most definitely not simming at .5 or higher when you're over hit cap, so the socket bonus is not worth it. It should bring you a tiny bit below cap (you will rarely, if ever, miss a boss) and you also get +10 Int out of it.

If you're at the 30% mark for haste, then all your reforging seems fine. You also wouldn't need to get the hit/haste back as fjolliz said; you're over hit cap and hit/spirit doesn't matter, and after 30%, mastery is better to stack than haste. That's specific to your current situation though, so keep that option in mind if you ever dip below 30% haste later.

It's a minor option, but you may want to get the Major glyph Glyph of Fade. While pulling threat as a newish SP may be uncommon, it can help greatly on fights with lots of adds like Beth or Ryolith. I doubt your PoM is going to be of any use in shadow anyway, and you can only heal yourself with the Dispel Magic glyph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Deleted
    As someone said already: Just read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ide-(by-Kilee)
    It answers all your questions about talents, glyphs, gemming, reforging, stats, enchants etc.

Deleted
    Thank you all so far
    Looking forward to this evening, first raid as a shadowpriest since ulduar <3
    im going to response asap again with dps logs :>

Deleted
    Thank you all so far
    Looking forward to this evening, first raid as a shadowpriest since ulduar <3
    im going to response asap again with dps logs :>
    Awesome! Good luck!

Deleted
    Hey guys its me again.
    Now back with some more input
    Here are my WoL from last raid evening: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bx4xi6lbmcumywvd/
    Would you like to tell me your opinion to my dps? is there anything to change? do i suck? what did i screw up? Tell me gogo

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow
    is quite a nice tool, altho i do not follow him if he tries to put me underhitcap (even if it is only 0.1%)

edit: this is a reaction to your first post, this will help if u got some new gear and u want to reforge/put gems in sockets

Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    I really don't understand why ppl keep posting this s***y link

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    I really don't understand why ppl keep posting this s***y link
    it's a useful tool as long as you do not turn off your brain while using it...

Looks like you snagged yourself a ranking there Mafernus, gj Your uptimes look really good for the most part, especially on that Heroic Shannox kill. I am guessing on Alyrazor you are not going up in the air? Also... i think you can probably squeeze in more MB's... though on Shan you were probably saving them for rageface?

Anywho, quick look and it looks good, just keep pushing yourself. Don't forget to make use of the queuing system and stuff

If he always has DI, stacking Haste is always going to be better than dropping Haste for more Mastery. It's not currently possible to reach Int and Haste lvls where Mastery becomes better if you always have DI (except for small pockets that would change if you just replaced one piece of gear, don't care about those)
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

greets Mafe

Aside from that funky spirit trinket lol your not to bad off mastery is outrageous which at that kind of mastery will increase damage alot. As long as you maintain ES and minimize down time your good to go.