Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Rate the Shadow Priest above you!

Did a search for this beforehand, so i apologize if its a topic that has been covered beforehand....but i figured we could start a rate the priest above you like ive seen on some of the other class sub-forums. Lets try and keep this nice, clean, and constructive. Advise and pointers are welcome.

Ill start off with my priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ellok/advanced. i feel like i have a lot more haste than i should (advise here is appreciated)....and yes yes, i know that i have the vibrant alchemist stone, but besides that one and the MWC from the dailies...i dont have another DPS trinket to put there and i prefer the alch stone to the on-use component of the MWC.

keep in mind that shadow is NOT my raiding spec but i am doing the best that i can with what ive got.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, why not use MWC? Sure it's another button to click, but it's SOOOO good if you know how to use it. (Use right before an orbed MB, immediately refresh dots, then refresh them again before you overwrite ES with a weaker version.)

Second, your normalized scale factors are:
    Int: 1.0000
    Hit/Spirit: 0.4535
    Crit: 0.4273
    Haste: 0.5939
    Mastery: 0.4526
    ...with Dark Intent. Without, they are:
    Int: 1.0000
    Hit: 0.4403
    Crit: 0.4258
    Haste: 0.4216
    Mastery: 0.4652
    Meaning you should gem pure int in your chest, hands, belt and boots.

Finally about the haste... From the weights above it's either your worst or best stat, depending on whether you get DI in raids.

Now mine: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ekaye/advanced
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Oh sorry, thought I saw something about 14% hit and thought shadow >.>

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 10:39 AM ----------

Spirit aint mp5 for a shadow priest in combat afaik

I rather use inner will for those moments when I need the run speed as it allows me to spam DP more anyway, and then it's ofc the matter of gold
    Phantasm is there because there is nothing else to put it in, I don't need mental agi or anything like that, so i figgured that sometimes beeing able to take away a slow is nice, especially while doing molten front dailys :P

Nothing to complain about on your armory tbh, enchants seems to be in order, you have a cookiecutter spec and you have reached the VT 2nd cap by a rather perfect amount, nice job
    10/10
    Blah, you're right about Spirit isn't regen in combat. I have no idea why I thought that. Well even out of combat regen is better than nothing at least it makes it a little more useful. I apologize for giving bad information.

As for running around with Inner Will that's fine, but I find that in a raid situation it might be better for you to invest points in Inner Sanctum, rather than Phantasm. Since taking less damage means saving healing mana and can sometimes save you from a death.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashu View Post
    Blah, you're right about Spirit isn't regen in combat. I have no idea why I thought that. Well even out of combat regen is better than nothing at least it makes it a little more useful. I apologize for giving bad information.

As for running around with Inner Will that's fine, but I find that in a raid situation it might be better for you to invest points in Inner Sanctum, rather than Phantasm. Since taking less damage means saving healing mana and can sometimes save you from a death.
    I was running with that spec before and the real reason why I changed it is pretty embarasing tbh.
    First of all, I've found that phantasm was nice while my computer got freezes druing Cho'gall thus making me able to break the slow when I get hit.
    Seccondly, I run with alot of IRL friends, most of them are healers, once we where raiding drunk and that was when i came up with this spec, just to anoy my healers :>

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    I was running with that spec before and the real reason why I changed it is pretty embarasing tbh.
    First of all, I've found that phantasm was nice while my computer got freezes druing Cho'gall thus making me able to break the slow when I get hit.
    Seccondly, I run with alot of IRL friends, most of them are healers, once we where raiding drunk and that was when i came up with this spec, just to anoy my healers :>
    Annoying the healers and making them work! I like it. lol =P

Heap,

You have way too much hit, you are possibly in healing gear? You're almost 3% over hit cap and you should shoot for about 30% haste raid buffed for the extra vt tick. Also the valor wand, hit/haste is better than spirit/mastery.

tinyurl .com/redryn

I know I have to reforge a bit of hit away, but I'm a bit lazy and I haven't gotten around to it.
    Last edited by Redryn; 2011-08-24 at 03:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very good 9.9/10 i would love that gear....

Im strugging with hit, i like raiding without hit cap, but nowadays im too much under the cap, a +1 or +2% wouldnt hurt...

(armory in sig)
    ..: Character: Armory :..
    ..: Config: AMD PhenomII X4 955, 8GB DDR3 Ram, GF GTX460, 2.6TB HDD, Gentoo Linux :..

14% hit is a bit low for these days...could forge the crit on your belt to spirit, other than that..looks decent

(armory in sig)
    i try to stay at 30% haste and 17% hit, then worry bout other stats..i generally do get DI but the lock usually dies at some time during a fight so i like to have 30 on my own lol

Deleted
    Mastery on gloves if Im to find Anything, but I know its because you want to reach the haste plateu on your own. Nice gear

just from a basic look it looks like you've got gear all set up. im not really an expert on the priest class...but it looks good to me.

im unsure about my haste or reforging choices. any tips would be appreciated.

jimboo on malygos.

Deleted
    Jimboo:
    #1 your not hitcapped

enchants and gems are good, you may want to change some int/haste gems for +40 int. You have to do dome math (dropping sockel bonus + 20 haste for +20 int)
    shadow talents and glyphs looking fine

lets take a look at your holy specc: Surge of light is nice and I guess divine touch still sucks, move those two points
    In addition, casting shields as holy should be an emergency button (prevent some1 from dying or to give him a speed up). Without disc mastery shields cost too much mana to use them often, so remove that point from Imp. PW:S and drop the PW:S glyph for Lightwell.

My armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...egios/advanced (disc is my main specc)

@Aregios:

Your Orange gems are interesting, both +int/+mastery and +int/+crit . Especially since you're reforging away from +mastery and +crit! I'd recommend swapping all Orange to Reckless (+int/+haste) or choosing the secondary stat(s) you want to prioritize and then making sure your reforges/enchants/gems all agree.

Missing engineering tinkers make me super sad, even though they're not really required. D:

Your talent spec is also... different. Nothing "bad," just interesting choices (mainly "Surge of Light" and "Train of Thought" instead of "Darkness" and "Soul Warding" in an AA-spec...). I'd be curious as to how much utility you actually get out of those choices; if they work well for your playstyle, I see no reason to drop them.

Glyph of Smite is pretty darn important for AA-builds. I'd swap out Glyph of Mass Dispel for it.

ME: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leene/advanced
    Last edited by SonsofDisaster; 2011-08-24 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    Pretty much spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Pretty much spot on.
    /drools. i see nothing wrong here. at all. <3'ing the gear.

Deleted
    @SonsofDisaster: Why No ToT?

I probably logged in shadow spec btw (which is not set up properly yet)
    Should be correct now :P
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...udise/advanced

Have 21 total bosskills in firelands now but only got one drop (necklace) so far QQ
    Hopefully we'll down Ragnaros tomorrow...
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2011-08-25 at 12:26 AM.

^ You should post a link next time
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Tikkelz/simple

Pretty much itemized to be at my haste plateau while maintaining hit cap. Haven't got a chance to pick up many of the offpieces I want off bosses. =(

Deleted
    To bad yer goblin, but otherwise pretty ok

Hermainy - Auchindoun - EU

Don't mind the healing head, just rolled Shadow a few days ago so still learning =]

Have a nice great y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Phinea View Post
    To bad yer goblin, but otherwise pretty ok
    dun hate on muh gobby V.V. though i do slightly miss the beserking racial from trolls but he's growing on me. i did make sure to log out in disc gear/spec, so if someone would care to rate that. note: i am a raid healing disc priest in a 10 man guild, hence why i am stacking haste and not mastery.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have split the two threads as seeing posts along the lines of "I no nothing of Shadow/Disc/Holy so I can't help you, but here's my armoury!". Obviously not everyone will know about Disc because they only play Holy and vice versa, but three threads is a bit excessive (though I will cave if there's demand for separate threads).