Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"I'm Not Doing That"

Concerning the Pet Battle System what pets do you think won't (whether or not you want it) be able to actually fight and which do you not want in the Pet Battle System (don't waste your own time, if you don't want any pets battling just don't bother posting).

Won't
    Enchanted Broom
    Guild Paige/Herald
    Enchanted Lantern/Magic Lamp
    Helper Boxes
    Argent Squire
    Sen'Jin Fetish

Don't
    Mini Thor
    Warbot Ignition Key
    Ghostly Skull
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

All I know is my grunty better be able to kill some zerglings.

Deleted
    In addition to those you posted, with the exception of skull (Demilich anyone :P)

I doubt the balloons can fight.

As for what I want, I'm torn on grunty. On the one hand I'd love to use the guy, but he doesn't fit all that well.

As for something else, I hope you can get new pets from the associated achievements.

Deleted
    Won't
    Enchanted Broom
    Argent Gruntling/Squire
    Guild Herald/Page
    Horde/Alliance Balloon
    Elementium Geode
    Peddlefeet

Don't
    Any specially obtainable (real life events/cons ect.) and storebought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they'll all be able to unless they have a function, like the squire and the ethreal soul trader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of the whole "Not selling stuff in Blizz store that gives an in game advantage", I'm thinking the Blizz store pets won't be able to battle, though if they are, Lil' Ragnaros is on my team.

I think in one of the pictures you can see the corehound that comes with the authentificator as elegible for pet battle system, so there might be a chance that blizz store pets could actually be able to battle

I know the corehound is not the same as the other blizz store pets, but who knows...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want the pug from the achievement to be in those battles, they're a just a little too cute for battling. But I am psyched for my woppletinger to linger in battle

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    But... but... I want the Gruntling/Squire and Herald/Page to be able to fight innocent animals! D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild herald + pet biscuit for double size vs. Prairie dog. Biased :P
    But really, I will be rocking the Wolpertinger, Lil' XT, or the Winter Helper.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Lil' Tarecgosa will beat everything.... :P

I want to fight with my broom so I can sweep away the competition and when I win I can say "you've been swept".

10+ Year Old Account
    If I can't use my Mini-Diablo and battle it out with my Pandaren Monks Panda Cub I will be mad. >=(

At any rate, yes, such things like Balloons and stuff like that probably won't be eligable as combat pets.
    When it comes to store bought pets, they wouldn't give anyone any "advantage". It's not like you're buying a "superpet" that will be stronger than other pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzykizzy View Post
    Don't
    Any specially obtainable (real life events/cons ect.) and storebought.
    Don't want to start some huge argument, but I'd love a reason for that. It comes off a bit like "I don't have special pets, so no one should be able to use special pets!"
    Last edited by Kheirn; 2011-10-28 at 02:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    In addition to those you posted, with the exception of skull (Demilich anyone :P)

I doubt the balloons can fight.

As for what I want, I'm torn on grunty. On the one hand I'd love to use the guy, but he doesn't fit all that well.

As for something else, I hope you can get new pets from the associated achievements.
    +

the baloon is totally going to be the magikarp of pet battles and will fuck shit up

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is there will be a limited amount of categories and most pets will simply fall in to one and be useable. I think the exceptions will be the human ones, like the squire and such. For the rest I think pretty much everything can go in, yes, even brooms and skulls and rare pets. They'll simply fit in to one fo the categories and have the standerd abilities

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    the baloon is totally going to be the magikarp of pet battles and will fuck shit up

guild pages old school wrestling style... figure four leglock followed by a body slam then a coat hanger to finish them off... now that would be sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't want any of the pets to be able to fight. I think the whole idea is stupid and fail !!!!!!

Just kidding.

As long as my baby polar bear can fight, I'm happy.
    Last edited by Eggers; 2011-10-28 at 02:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

I believe one of the first things OP stated was along the lines of if you aren't going to take part in it then don't post? in other words put out the fire squirt.

well this is awkward.... hehe um but I like my spirit of competition

I think virtually all pets regardless of how hard-to-obtain or non-obtainable they are, or how absurd they seem. Just make sure purchased or unobtainable pets are not the best in the game. Let people show off their really rare pets, but if they get knocked out by a balloon, oh well.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -- C. S. Lewis