Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Frost PVP crit/mastery ratings.

I understand you need a bit of mastery AND crit, but should I be stacking crit up to 33% and then the rest mastery?

Mastery all the way
    Last edited by zomgi; 2011-09-30 at 10:01 PM.

Stack the crap out of mastery, take someone from 100% to 0% in a shatter with cds, yeah stack it.

Deleted
    If you got a feral or rogue stack mastery/haste, if not staying with crit is probably better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgi View Post
    Judging by the amount of level 85's you have, I'd say you need to step outside
    A very helpful response, 10/10.

OP: You probably won't be able to reach the shatter crit cap in PvP gear so just stack up the mastery and /lol icelance in deep freeze.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will want to be around 19-20% crit if you're not playing with a elemental/feral/rogue, after that go full out mastery. As for all the other posts, no you cant stack full on mastery with no intentions of going crit(unless you play with the abovementioned classes) you wont crit a single thing on those shatters and therefor your damage will be minimal. I'm sitting at about 17% crit (playing with a feral), so thats 23% crit and a good amount of mastery, I don't have Volcano tho since the Ragnaros trinket is more overall damage so I'll stick by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixzy View Post
    You will want to be around 19-20% crit if you're not playing with a elemental/feral/rogue, after that go full out mastery. As for all the other posts, no you cant stack full on mastery with no intentions of going crit(unless you play with the abovementioned classes) you wont crit a single thing on those shatters and therefor your damage will be minimal. I'm sitting at about 17% crit (playing with a feral), so thats 23% crit and a good amount of mastery, I don't have Volcano tho since the Ragnaros trinket is more overall damage so I'll stick by that.
    So with a difference of 5% crit, means 'you wont crit a single thing'?

How does that work?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    So with a difference of 5% crit, means 'you wont crit a single thing'?

How does that work?
    5%x3(shatter talent) = 15% so thats QUITE A BIT of crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixzy View Post
    5%x3(shatter talent) = 15% so thats QUITE A BIT of crit.
    So with a difference of 15% crit, means 'you wont crit a single thing'?

How does that work?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgi View Post
    Judging by the amount of level 85's you have, I'd say you need to step outside
    yeaaaaaah, so this is useful to me how? how i choose to spend my time is up to me, and tbh 6 85's isn't as time consuming as you would think. Especially due to the fact i was hacked, and 2 of my gathering characters were botted to the max during the time i was hacked, levelling them from 80-84 just from gathering.....

but no go on...you spend your time more wisely obviously, with all these helpful posts you are posting on this forum.

OT: thanks everyone else for their serious answers. I'll be going with a sub rogue so i'll get the 5% crit buff. I'll just play around with the reforging me thinks.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    So with a difference of 15% crit, means 'you wont crit a single thing'?

How does that work?
    It works quite well. You're reading between the lines in my post and trying to act smart but failing horribly.
    15% added crit to your already 45% increases your crit by a large margin. Going full out mastery with 13% crit wont really work since your huge burst opportunies rely on that crit. Especially if you're not running with a rogue/ele/feral. There is no need for you to post unless you actually have something smart to come with.
    Last edited by Trixzy; 2011-08-25 at 12:15 AM.

h ttp: //ragial.com/mhaste/dmg .h tml

Simply put: If you have a Subtlety Rogue, Feral Druid or an Elemental Shaman in your team, fully stack Mastery. If not, try and maintain a healthy amount of crit (somewhere around the 17%-18% mark) and then stack Mastery. The only common Mage comp in which Haste is of great value is RMP. Yet even when playing RMP the throughput benefit from Mastery seems to outweigh the benefits from Haste due to how the game works at the moment.