Deleted

Hidding the Blizzard Mouse Pointer

Just a quick query really, i've recently stumbled across an addon that leaves cool trails behind the mouse pointer, the only downside is the effect is spoiled by the huge armored gorilla hand. (i've never been a fan of that big clunky thing).

So does anyone know of a relatively simple way to change/scale/hide the hand of fugly we use for a pointer?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not possible - Blizzard disabled direct cursor modifications early in Wrath (3.0.6 or 3.0.8, I believe).

Deleted
    Hmmm, I only ask because in this video

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dranetub.../2/ED5iwL4t4xo

you can see the same addon being used without the standard blizzard gauntlet pointer.

Deleted
    There are certain ways to modify the cursor but its against the Eula afaik so you wont find any answers to that question in these forums here.

I believe he just checked "Hide cursor" or whatever the option is in Fraps (provided he used Fraps). This will not make the cursor show up in vids, but it will in game.

Deleted
    Oh well that is most disapointing!, why does blizzard like having its pointer shown so badly that its part of the Eula! (And thanks Neza, if you're right and it is against the Eula i wouldnt want to find the answers anyway.)

Surely they arnt that proud of the fugly thing?