Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Transmog and daggers

So with Transmog comming in with the next major patch, it seems blizzard is trying to return the idea of nostalgic sets. The way classes used to look. However with the recent revamp of weps causing us to use daggers in the offhand, for ever single spec this is the question I put to the people of MMO Champ.

Should we be able to transmog daggers into other looking weapons?

Now the primary problem I can see with this is Mutilate. The Mutilate action is obviously tailored to daggers. Lunging at someone in a hugging motion with 2 huge maces would be rediculous. What are your thoughts on this, can you suggest a work around? (I.e. not allowing mutilate to be used with cross weapon type transmog items? gets a little complex I know)

Do you miss DWing 2 swords etc?

How do you feel about not being able to entirely recreate your old sets due to having a OH dagger requirements?

My 2c; I was thrilled at the thought of reusing my glaives. However soon realised that we would only be able to use 1 due to OH dagger requirements. Then with the legendaries out of the question I started looking through my other gear sets. I spent so long looking through my Swords, Maces and found it very hard to choose! Then when it got to daggers I realized that I got rid of most of my daggers just due to how lack-lustre such a small weapon is.

Let's try and keep the discussion on track, rather than instantly going with "That's A Ridiculous Idea!" that is a lot of peoples instant reaction when someone suggests something off the beaten track.

I agree it won't be as good having retro dagger OH with sword/mace in main hand. However I think any work arounds will be a little too much for them to be implemented, like you said actions like mutilate and backstab would be quite awkward to watch with a mace.

I still have yet to decide on which direction i'll be going.. i think dual weilding Shard of Azzinoth will be my mutt spec and maybe Hanzo Sword for the rest. I'm looking forward to see how the community takes to Transmog, I have this feeling it might be full of disapointment, but I'm hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by falkorr View Post
    I agree it won't be as good having retro dagger OH with sword/mace in main hand. However I think any work arounds will be a little too much for them to be implemented, like you said actions like mutilate and backstab would be quite awkward to watch with a mace.

I still have yet to decide on which direction i'll be going.. i think dual weilding Shard of Azzinoth will be my mutt spec and maybe Hanzo Sword for the rest. I'm looking forward to see how the community takes to Transmog, I have this feeling it might be full of disapointment, but I'm hopeful.
    i think it's pretty unfair that hunter can change their range weapons to gain racial buffs but rogues can't. for mut well... they would never let us change our offhand model to a sword or mace but for combat/sub they should really do it. it feels weird being exp cap for your mainhand and under cap for your offhand. someone really needs to post this on wow forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    i think it's pretty unfair that hunter can change their range weapons to gain racial buffs but rogues can't. for mut well... they would never let us change our offhand model to a sword or mace but for combat/sub they should really do it. it feels weird being exp cap for your mainhand and under cap for your offhand. someone really needs to post this on wow forums.
    It is unfair.

If this was posted on the wow forums (which I would suggest it has) it would get the generic response you've seen to the other 300posts about different requests "we're just implenting with these restrictions and will revise as we learn".

Possibly an option is if a dagger is changed to the skin of a sword/mace/axe it can no longer be used for dagger required abilities. They may hae an issue with 1.4sec swords though.

Deleted
    Either allow more trans-weapon-type transmogs, or put in some fists, swords, axes and maces at 1.4 speed.
    EDIT: btw this should have gone into the transmog thread, they issued a warning about starting new transmog threads.

They need to just get off their asses and add in quick offhand axe/sword/maces to the game. It's completely retarded that they don't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by razuko View Post
    They need to just get off their asses and add in quick offhand axe/sword/maces to the game. It's completely retarded that they don't have them.
    How is it "retarded" to be able to swing a 2-3 foot length sword at the same speed as a half-1 foot dagger? or a 8 pound mace compared to a half pound dagger? or even an axe in the same fashion as fore mentioned. I don't understand your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovaldo View Post
    How is it "retarded" to be able to swing a 2-3 foot length sword at the same speed as a half-1 foot dagger? or a 8 pound mace compared to a half pound dagger? or even an axe in the same fashion as fore mentioned. I don't understand your logic.
    Made out of a lighter material, hence the lower weapon damage?

You're using logic in a game which has magic and garden gnomes.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, you got it a bit wrong. Hunters can only change the looks. For example, a troll with Extreme-Impact Hole Puncher mogged into Sunfury Bow still gets no bonuses. As for rogues, I agree that not having a fast mace/sword/fist/axe sucks. Imagine dual-wielding Felsteel Longblades. Yet, there's a reason for that: rogues are the only class in need of a fast OH. Others (Frost DK, Enh Shammy, very rare cases of SMF Fury Warriors) don't need it. So, we can't through in any valid point there, actually

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovaldo View Post
    This is a game; Logic within life isn't exactly used in games here. The fast OH's that are meant to match for a rogue and such we're always here before they changed their minds and said ''we're just going to let rogues use daggers'' Pretty sure they just got lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    This is a game; Logic within life isn't exactly used in games here. The fast OH's that are meant to match for a rogue and such we're always here before they changed their minds and said ''we're just going to let rogues use daggers'' Pretty sure they just got lazy
    it's probably mostly because a fast axe/mace/sword is only useful to one spec of one class.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    i think it's pretty unfair that hunter can change their range weapons to gain racial buffs but rogues can't.
    From what I understand it the "cover effect" wont activate racials but for example a dwarf can use a gun for his racial but mog it into a bow because he likes bows...same with trolls.....Racials will activate from the actual weapon but hunters will be able to use the artwork of any ranged

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    From what I understand it the "cover effect" wont activate racials but for example a dwarf can use a gun for his racial but mog it into a bow because he likes bows...same with trolls.....Racials will activate from the actual weapon but hunters will be able to use the artwork of any ranged
    The specifically stated this exact thing. It's ONLY appearance; as in...

A Troll Hunter can have his bow equipped; but transmogrify it into a gun. He still get's his racial bonus.

For the majority of Rogue's PVE life since release, Combat has been the primary raiding spec. Combat has always had the 2 Swords/Maces/Axes look. Even with our arguably most distinctive weapons, The Warglaives of Azzinoth, fitting this.

We understand that fast swords etc are only used for us, however you could argue that; Offhand Agi slow weapons are only for Enhance Shamans. Homogenising all specs to use 1 dagger was an attempt at cutting down the loot tables sneakily. Personally I think it has changed the entire aesthetic appeal to rogues. Throughout almost every tier we have had the impressive duel wielding look of 2 good looking weapons being used in an agile and deadly way. It feels (to me at least) like that has been taken away and replaced with Knitting needles.

Edit: Impressive use of the word impressive is impressive.
    Last edited by Zik3l; 2011-08-26 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too bad, but I guess it is what it is.

Also, I think you won't be able to use your glaives anyway - didn't they say you can't transmog into legendary items anyway?

Here's what the limitations on weapons should be:

1. You must be able to equip the item.

A shaman cannot make his axes look like swords.

2. It must be the same size.

A fury warrior cannot make his 1H weapons look like his favorite 2H pair from ICC.

3. MH/OH-specific fist weapons cannot be TM'd onto fist weapons of the opposite requirement. If a fist weapon with a MH/OH restriction is TM'd onto a different weapon type, the weapon gains the MH/OH restriction if it did not have one. If it already has such a restriction, the item to be TM'd onto it must match that or have no restriction.

You can TM a MH fist weapon onto another MH fist weapon, or any other 1H weapon you can equip that does not have the OH restriction. If it did not have the MH restriction already, TM'ing the MH fist onto it will force the MH restriction onto it.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    It's too bad, but I guess it is what it is.

Also, I think you won't be able to use your glaives anyway - didn't they say you can't transmog into legendary items anyway?
    Correct you are not able to use legendaries in terms for trans'ing

I don't see a problem if you're mutilate you shouldn't be able to make it look like you're wearing swords because that would just not look right plus it wouldn't make sense when using abilities like backstab. They don't even let us Warriors change the weapon types (if you're fury and have an ugly mace gl finding a good looking one that'll match your axe). Hunters are lucky because it doesn't really matter for them although I do agree that if they want the racial bonus they should have to get whatever weapon gives them their bonus or warriors/rogues etc. should also be able to turn axes into maces for the expertise bonus if they're human.

But hey this is WoW it's never been perfectly fair and it never will be.

For the time being that is correct, you can not transmog a legendary. This is subject to possible change in the future. Regardless of this I think I speak for everyone when I say - there are still a lot of damn cool looking swords / axes / maces compared to daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    For the time being that is correct, you can not transmog a legendary. This is subject to possible change in the future. Regardless of this I think I speak for everyone when I say - there are still a lot of damn cool looking swords / axes / maces compared to daggers.
    It's just like maces, it's pretty damn hard to make a boring weapon look cool. Axes have imo the coolest shape so there's a reason there are so many cool looking axes. Maces Sulfuras is probably the only one that looks pretty damn cool and it ignores almost all of a maces usual appearance since #1 it's on fire (alright you can put pretty much anything on fire and it's gonna look cool) and #2 Ragnaros uses it ffs so yea... Daggers are just tiny so you almost never really see them and making them huge will make them look like swords so it's gonna be difficult to design a good looking one even though Blizzard did pull it off sometimes.

One thing that bothers me A LOT is that they've made SO MANY AWESOME looking fist weapons but they are only for Rogues/Shamans and you almost never see anyone using them because they usually have shitty stats. Also I don't get why there aren't fist weapons for Warriors, I mean we can only take away loot from dks? We should be able to steal loot from Rogues and Shamans too! They prefer axes/daggers anyways