Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Holy T12 2 piece set-bonus, or T11 4 piece set-bonus?

Hello fellow priests.

I have a stupid question regarding the tier set bonuses.

How much superior is the T12 2 piece set-bonus in comparison to the T11 4 piece set-bonus?
    I guess it all goes down to how much spirit I already have, and how much intellect I got.

I'm currently sitting on the legs, and almost have the VP to buy out the chest.
    Someone who's a little bit more up-to-date with it, perhaps could give me some insight? In terms of how more superior it is?

Here's my armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...klynbob/simple

Thank you!

The set bonus for the 2set should replace the mana issues from removing the 4set bonus, as well as giving you more throughput with the higher base Intellect and other stats.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Thank you!

That was kinda what I was worried about. If the %mana back, would be enough to compensate the extra spirit.

Deleted
    "Holy/Discipline two-piece Your Flash Heal, Heal, and Greater Heal spells cause you to regenerate 2% of your base mana every 5 seconds for 15 seconds."

What is that "base mana"?? The mana you have WITH your current gear or without it?

The mana you have being naked and posibly with 0/0/0 (not sure bout this one).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daivy View Post
    It's the mana you have unbuffed, untalented and naked.
    almost correct. it's also without any base intellect. if you want to be accurate, it's 20590 (source: base mana on wowpedia).

Deleted
    Hmm.. that's not much :/

Deleted
    I used my T11 4-set untill I was able to replace it with T12 4-set. I found that my T11 4-set gave back more manaregen (in combat) than the T12 2-set (I at least I felt that way - you can check it with combat regen etc, you just have to test it - duel with someone, see how much that 2% is for you and/or how much T11 extra spirit gives you as combatregen. Compare the numbers. Shouldn't take more than 5min, really). You can get 3 peaces of T12 with Valors (or 2 peaces from BH) and you only need Majordomo or Ragna for head/shoulder token to get the T12 4-set. Since they have nerfed Firelands to the ground it shouldn't be a problem

I suggest that try it out - which one suits you the best, T11-4 or T12-2. For me, the T11 4-set was better untill T12 4-set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlot View Post
    Hmm.. that's not much :/
    it might not seem like much, but when you do the math, it equals to about 411 Mp5. if i'm not mistaken, that's more than 540 spirit gives you.

ofcourse, that depends on how much int you have and how much spirit you have. i've done the math for 2460 spirit (3K with it) and 3.5K int. these numbers might be totally nonsensical, but there are too many variables to have a real working with it.
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2011-08-25 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    2T12 mana regen bonus is good. Do not skip it.
    As far i know all healing classes have mana regen bonus from 2T12.

4P t11 gives more manaregen by itself than 2p t12 does, strictly looking at the bonuses themselves.

However, the difference is small, and even smaller if you take into account that the t12 high higher int/spirit values than the t11 pieces. especially if you're upgrading from normal t11 > normal t12 (not sure if that's the case for you).

Remember that the higher int also gives you more mana back from Hymn, Shadowfiend, Rapture and Replenishment.

Replace the old set, and don't look back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    4P t11 gives more manaregen by itself than 2p t12 does, strictly looking at the bonuses themselves.

However, the difference is small, and even smaller if you take into account that the t12 high higher int/spirit values than the t11 pieces. especially if you're upgrading from normal t11 > normal t12 (not sure if that's the case for you).

Remember that the higher int also gives you more mana back from Hymn, Shadowfiend, Rapture and Replenishment.

Replace the old set, and don't look back
    Yeah I'm sitting on normal tiers, except the chest, so I guess it'll be a quite good upgrade.
    And I'm probably sitting on quite alot spirit unbuffed (2875, 3697 combat regen)?

I immediately replaced it as soon as I could and I was upgrading from Heroic items. IIRC, I lost somewhere around 50 MP5, even accounting for increased Spirit and Int, but the increased throughput made it worthwhile. Besides, once you throw in a few other upgrades, as I imagine you have, you end up well ahead of where you were anyway.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I took the 2-pc T12 bonus over my 4 pc T-11 and it's amazing regen. To offset any losses, I pull Jar of Ancient Remedies out of the bank for any fight i think I may have mana issues

I'm pretty sure the 2pc t12 is more regen for disc than the t11 4pc, but less regen for holy. But it is a small difference and the stat upgrades are pretty high. If that little bit of mana regen makes that much of a difference, there are other problems :]

it seems similar to me, in that when i did break my 4 piece in favor of the 2 piece t12, i didn't notice any major difference in my longevity... and the 4 piece t12 is pretty shmexy as well...

Deleted
    Would gnomes racial increase the mana gain btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlot View Post
    Would gnomes racial increase the mana gain btw?
    No, base mana is computed before racials.

Deleted
    Doesn't 2T12 also depend on how much you use PoM, Flash Heal, Greater Heal or Heal while 4T11 is good all the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Doesn't 2T12 also depend on how much you use PoM, Flash Heal, Greater Heal or Heal while 4T11 is good all the time?
    This is true. As a rule of thumb, I just try to use PoM on CD since not every fight am I using a filler like Heal, GH, or FH. Depends on the fight, rand comp, and raid size, really.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15