10+ Year Old Account

Question What's this computer worth?

Case: Antec Dark Fleet DF-10
    CPU: Intel Core i7 965 Quad Extreme
    Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Formula, Socket-1366, X58, DDR3, 3xPCIexpress(2.0)x16, CFX&SLI, SATA6Gb/s, USB 3.0
    GPU: EVGA GTX 295
    Power Supply: Sivler Power 750W,
    RAM: Corsair Dominator DHX+ DDR3, 1600MHz, 6GB, CL8 (3x 2GB)
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1000GB
    CD/DVD: Lite-On
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

CPU and GPU used for one year, motherboard and RAM used a half year. Rest is new, current price for it is ~1000€.

Is this worth it? Why/why not?
    Triple mage, Triple fun!

High and low rated PvP videos. Intention of being fun and educating (at times)

I wouldn't say that is worth it at all. You can get a brand new build for the same price and would be much better.
    For example
    CPU: 2500k - 170 euros
    Mobo: Z68/P67 - 80 Euros to 200 Euros ( depends what you want )
    Ram: 8GB Corsair Veng 80 Euros
    GPU: GTX 560TI - 170-220 Euros
    HHD: WD Cavier Green 2TB - 50 Euros
    Case: CM 690 - 70 Euros
    Windows 7 - 80 Euros

Total - 800 Euros

The prices are rough, don't quote me on it. But thats the price range of them item roughly. And this computer would last you 2+ years running games on Medium - High
    Last edited by Hilson8; 2011-08-26 at 10:09 PM.

Not worth it. Only 1 terabyte HDD and lower end graphics card. For 1000 euros could get a custom build with better specs brand new. Let's not forget this is a second hand rig. No telling how bad a shape the components are in.

Agreed, not worth it at all.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilson8 View Post
    I wouldn't say that is worth it at all. You can get a brand new build for the same price and would be much better.
    For example
    CPU: 2500k - 170 euros
    Mobo: Z68/P67 - 80 Euros to 200 Euros ( depends what you want )
    Ram: 8GB Corsair Veng 80 Euros
    GPU: GTX 560TI - 170-220 Euros
    HHD: WD Cavier Green 2TB - 50 Euros
    Case: CM 690 - 70 Euros
    Windows 7 - 80 Euros

Total - 800 Euros

The prices are rough, don't quote me on it. But thats the price range of them item roughly. And this computer would last you 2+ years running games on Medium - High
    I agree with Hilson, pretty much to the exact point.

Get yourself a new P67 board with an i5 2500k, 8GB ram, and a GTX 570.

Quote Originally Posted by Tøffel View Post
    Is this worth it? Why/why not?
    It's been really expensive when previous owner bought it, probably around 2000€ or even more. The thing is that computer parts lose their value really fast, and as others have already shown you, you can build better computer with today's parts cheaper. And have full warranty instead of second hand parts with none.

So no. It's not worth it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

You need to take new tech in consideration. The i7 965 has a newprice of €600 now, while it's being outperformed by a €175 CPU. So asking more than that isn't really a good idea.
    Caviar green as OS-disk isn't the best idea either, it's a perfect storage disk with it's 5400RPM though.
    The GTX295 isn't the best anymore, not that it's a bad card, but it doesn't feature DX11. All in all I say half the price and you'll maybe sell it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never understood why anyone would need more than 500gb or anything. I have additional HDD's aswell. Deleting shit after you've seen it, why not?

Also, this is in Norway, high prices and shit but still costs 1000€

Would like something WHY something is better than something else, i.e graphics card and such.
    Triple mage, Triple fun!

I have never understood why anyone would need more than 500gb or anything. I have additional HDD's aswell. Deleting shit after you've seen it, why not?

Also, this is in Norway, high prices and shit but still costs 1000€

Would like something WHY something is better than something else, i.e graphics card and such.
    I have almost 3 terabytes full of things. Personally with space as cheap as it is I can't bring myself to delete anything and would rather buy extra HDD's. I just recently watched some old movies and old series I downloaded last year.

The graphics card is a bit low end for a 1000 euro rig. Would like to see something with a bit more oomph so to speak. If you were asking 600-700 euros for the rig it would be a fair price. I am not familiar with prices in Norway nor how much it costs to ship components out there however.

Basically the problem with the used computer you're looking at is that all parts in it are about three years old now. It means you would be investing in not just previous year's model, but old shit that should belong to museum and is getting close to the scrapping date.

It's not bad computer at all, but it's way too expensive considering the age.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I'll offer $400 USD for it.

I tried to put it together on komplett.no.
    I offer 5000-5500 NOK. It's old tech, still decent, but it has been used and is almost outdated. There are also no more upgrades possible within the same hardware range.

The videocard doesn't offer DX11 which is a must for this pricerange these days. The CPU is outperformed by 50% by a CPU that costs 1/4 of this CPU, there are also no more viable upgrades to be made on this socket. The HDD is a slow one, 5400 RPM, which will affect windows boot and loading times drastically and not in a good way.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-26 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've gathered up some other parts searching and shit, so wondering what's wrong/good/do better with this build?

I've got loads of HDD's so no need, thing is if I'm gonna bother getting a dvd reader or not, and in that case witch one?
    Triple mage, Triple fun!

Switch the PSU to Corsair 550TX/650TX. Even the 550TX is better than CX600.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-08-27 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the post
    Triple mage, Triple fun!

Read the post
    oh, sorry. Didn't see that. This monitor is small and the picture was taking up 2/3 of the screen