Sudden FPS issues be a CPU problem?

I got a Gateway FX laptop, has a Intel P8400 2.26ghz CPU and Nividia 9800M GTS. It used to do just fine, kept all the settings at lowest, view distance at fair enabled partcle effects. Like that in a 25m raid Inever noticed any FPS issues. Two weeks ago tho it all of a sudden got bad, now I am running at 20 FPS just standing there in a 25m, gets a little worse when the fighting starts and then when everyone gorups up in one spot I am starting to freeze up.

So I got two questions.

1. Might have I hurt the CPU or graohics card by letting it get to hot or something, and if so how would I check to see that?

2. For a moderate price like 300 bucks or less could I upgrade anything to see a signfigant performance boost?

Quote Originally Posted by shathis View Post
    1. Might have I hurt the CPU or graohics card by letting it get to hot or something, and if so how would I check to see that?
    First thing in sticky list is the "help me with low fps" one that explains it... http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...FPS-Check-Here!

Quote Originally Posted by shathis View Post
    2. For a moderate price like 300 bucks or less could I upgrade anything to see a signfigant performance boost?
    Laptops aren't generally speaking upgradeable in any way except for RAM and HDD, and neither of those is likely to increase your framerates.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

You should probably try to disable your addons first. If yo're saying that it has happened recently then you might have updated one of your addons or got a new addon that's lowering the performance of the game.