Thread: [TV] Castle

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] Castle

SO search is failing me and I can't find the old thread for this, so I guess here we go new ones. Caution to anyone reading... there maybe spoilers in this thread...

Anywho, so in the last thread we were wondering how they were going to resolve the whole Kate getting shot thing at the end of last season. I have to say I am a little disappointed with the whole "everything is resolved in one episode" thing they did in the first episode of the season. Though... i can't imagine having an episode or two with out her actively in it. "Bombshell" at the end of that episode is that Kate remembers Castle telling her he loves her... and she apparently loves him too because she broke-up with doctor dude... but can't be with Castle either because she won't be whole until her mother's murder is solved.

I can't base it on anything in particular but I have a bad feeling about Kat's dad. Also, I wonder how long they will make it before Kate realizes Castle has decided to keep her from the case. Also, I am not a fan of the new Captain... not sure how she fits into everything... and clifhanger for next week apparently one of the guy's gun is used to kill someone... I am thinking it's Esposito... I can't remember exactly why, but someone said something in the teaser that made me think him.

Anywho those are my thoughts about it all

Ehh, Castle is a great show. The new captain is a hardass, but she needs to bloom. What did you expect with the getting shot thing? It was resolved through a time-skip as most shows resolve their main character getting shot/stabbed/hurt/thrown in prison. Weeds resolved the prison thing with a time skip, which I didn't understand skipping 3 years. 3 to 6 month skip is normal for a show transitioning into the next season.
    I was really sad about the season ending, I didn't like Montgomery dying or the fact that he was the other cop, but he definitely went out with a bang. That scene proved he was more of a badass than any of the other characters in the show.

I can't recall much about Kate's dad, i didn't watch much this season, missing the superhero episode completely, and didn't pay attention to the others. I'll get around to watching it later. They wouldn't just add him in at random, though. There's gotta be more to that story.

Her dad pops up every time she goes digging into her mother's murder.. and does the whole "ahmg save my child she can't get wrapped up in this again" thing... Which could be a normal father deal.. but it just doesn't sit right.

And yea idk what I was expecting with the whole she got shot thing. I guess the end of last season was just such a high and cliffhanger that I expected something huge.

Ehh, he probably has something to do with the murder of his wife, it's the perfect thing to do in police procedural dramas! I say Castle gets to shoot him, just because he doesn't get to kill enough people.

castle is kinda reduced to the "pointing-out-the-obvious" and "put-two-clues-together-once-an-episode" guy. he isn't as funny or crazy as he used to be. i hope the writers beef up his presence more, coz he is the best thing about the show, as are espesito and ryan. beckett is getting more and more one-note serious. she isn't as snidy and sarcastic as she used to be. the thing about the show was that it could be serious but also very funny at the same time. the show isn't "Castle" anymore if it doesn't give Castle a more prominent role.

the new boss is kinda too aggressive for my taste. i can understand the writers want a new dynamic in the show, but the new chief screams and yells at about everything and everyone even if it isn't anyone's fault. she can be a hardass but right now she is overdoing it.

btw the latest episode was really good. it laughed quite a few times and their were some good red herrings.

Hmmm, sounds interesting. I'll check it out

Beckett has been "one-note-serious" for about 5 episodes. The latest 5 when it was all about her mom, and the aftermath of her being shot. Of course she's going to be serious for a little bit, she's going to lighten up again, the season just started and it started as dark as the previous season ended. If you want happy-go-lucky Castle and badass Beckett, give it 2 or 3 more episodes, it'll probably change back to how it was.

I havent been disappointed by a single episode yet. Its not as deep and compelling as say.... Firefly... but watching Fillion in ANYTHING is great.

I really liked seeing his daughter deal with disappointment, and Castle's mature parenting for a change...

Yea I am quite happy with the side story and development of his daughter's character. Really all the side characters are really interesting and fun to watch. I am sort of happy they threw that part in instead of keeping her as the perfect little daughter for whom everything always works out for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just started watching the show. I'm a little disappointed at how generic the episodes are. I've only watched about 6 or 7 and I feel like I have them figured out about 15mins in. Still, it's entertaining. Nathan Fillion is the only reason to watch the show though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Just started watching the show. I'm a little disappointed at how generic the episodes are. I've only watched about 6 or 7 and I feel like I have them figured out about 15mins in. Still, it's entertaining. Nathan Fillion is the only reason to watch the show though.
    I agree. It's often pretty easy to figure out who's the "bad guy" of each episode, the show's almost too formulaic. I do like the mythology episodes, ones concentrating on Kate's mom etc...

That said, the show is still well worth watching, because Nathan Fillion is awesome.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

The only difficult thing to figure out really is the overarching storyline with Beckett's mom that runs throughout the seasons (if you just started at the first season they haven't gotten too far into it yet). I mostly watch it because I want to see how all that turns out, and I love all the characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The only difficult thing to figure out really is the overarching storyline with Beckett's mom that runs throughout the seasons (if you just started at the first season they haven't gotten too far into it yet). I mostly watch it because I want to see how all that turns out, and I love all the characters.
    Yeah, they're starting to get into that now a little bit. I started a few episodes from season 2. I also realized the actress who plays Beckett was born in the same city as me. She's 2 years older though.

Castle is mine favorite one of the show . It is an entertaining and so funny TV show. Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic are mine favorite characters . The rate of this hsow is 8.3/10 . I watched it every episode.I really enjoyed to watched this show.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the 2nd season. Eh.. There's still stuff there to enjoy, but the murders are getting more and more ridiculous, and everyone confesses in the end. If this was real life and the detective solved 34 murders like this, all with confessions in 1 year they would be made chief of police for the world. That's like a solved murder every 10.5 days.

Like I said, you push that to the side and there are some clever moments. The double episode was good too. Probably best of the series for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, finished season 3 now. I loved the last episode. I really don't know why they make so many damn filler episodes and then have 2-3 really good ones per season. The show is best when it's dealt with Kate's Mom's death and that drama, or the other cop drama. These random silly episodes inbetween are getting on my nerves. I find myself fast skipping them now.

Season 4 is pretty much the same story. There's a strong 2 parter in the middle, and a decent finish.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I'm liking season 4 a bit better. Although it's weird they decided to suddenly put in a bunch of actors from Deep Space Nine.

Actually, I'm liking season 4 a bit better. Although it's weird they decided to suddenly put in a bunch of actors from Deep Space Nine.
    Probably someone behind the scenes worked on DS9 or they really really liked watching it so they wanted a mini-reunion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Probably someone behind the scenes worked on DS9 or they really really liked watching it so they wanted a mini-reunion.
    Penny Johnson Jerald struck me first, but then Michael Dorn, Robert Picardo and someone else whose name escapes me. They also threw in Adam Baldwin from Firefly too which I thought was really cool.